Entire Set of Custom Black Chips? (1 Viewer)

erichazen

Sitting Out
Reaction score
A local poker club I’m attending is thinking about getting custom chips from CPC. They want all the chip denominations to be Black with different edge spot colors.

Has anyone tried this and if so what are your thoughts?

Generally what do all of you think about this?

Personally, I think it’d look cool but could create dirty stack issues and it’d be challenging to analyze stack sizes from all positions at the table.

back-to-school-bad.gif

That's basicly slow play chips. They all look black and the same from the top but different colors from the sides.
SLOWPLAY Nash 14 Gram Clay Poker Chips Set for Texas Hold’em, 300 PCS/500PCS, Blank Chips/Numbered Chips.Features a high-end Carrying case with Leather Interior Design and German Polycarbonate Shell https://a.co/d/8c8zcHm

The obvious answer is No.

However, what could go wrong? Club buys chips that don't work, then sells them at a loss to the secondary market. It's not that hard to spot dirty stacks if edge spots are different sizes. If that's what the owner/operator wants to do, let him. Just make sure he has a backup plan :D

I think it would be fine with big spots - either a 312 or preferably a 412 spot pattern.
I would hate this set because all black chips is stupid. But I think if each chip’s spots were all one single bright (maybe even neon) color, distinct from all the others, they would play just fine. Could be a problem for the colorblind though.

6E78B33D-4D42-4815-8152-DF71E8699D0F.jpeg

I think if the spots were big enough it might actually work? I don't think it'd be a set I'd do myself but it might work? Dunno.

I think the majority of folks will say this is a terrible idea. Dirty stacks, hard to eyeball pot size, etc.

Just a lot of nuisances that will slow down the game and cause potential errors.

But there are some spot configurations that could minimize these issues. Think quarter pie, half pie, 412, etc.

And perhaps inlays color matched (to edgespot colors) to further aide with differentiating denoms.

Although, these seem like solutions to a problem that is really just avoidable with common sense of using different base colors.

A local poker club I’m attending is thinking about getting custom chips from CPC. They want all the chip denominations to be Black with different edge spot colors.

Has anyone tried this and if so what are your thoughts?

Generally what do all of you think about this?

Personally, I think it’d look cool but could create dirty stack issues and it’d be challenging to analyze stack sizes from all positions at the table.

It will be horribly inefficient as a chip set. Please recommend against doing this!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom