Doug Polk Playing Mixed Games At The Lodge In Texas (1 Viewer)

He may be terrible, but at least he's trying new stuff and promoting mixed games.

It's nice to see content that isn't just hold em
Yes, this.
I have very mixed feelings about Doug Polk, so I’m not gonna bash anybody for bashing him, because I get it. This is a guy who was literally crying on the 2+2 forums, 10 or 15 years ago, because he couldn’t beat 1 cent 2 cent online. I think that tells me two things - 1) he maybe doesn’t have a natural poker brain - Phil Ivey he ain’t, but 2) he did learn the game so well that he became the #1 heads-up player in the world, at least online, so the man is not an idiot.

Edit: OMG, he bought in for 6 racks? What an IDIOT!!!

Last edited:
Extend the invite, Craig. Best case he’s a fun guy to have around and blasts off racks. Worst case he’s a fun guy to have around and he’ll stack Matt like the Great Pyramids. Either way we all win.
I remember seeing him on some televised or streamed high stakes cash game, where he was clearly kinda drunk at the end of the night, and badly blasted off the better part of a $200k stack in the last couple of hands.
Looks like he can be a fun guy.

I'm still working my way through this video, but looks like the crazy mixed games we see at meetups (and some I've never heard of) are alive and well!

I really enjoyed this video when it came out! Doug has been open about the fact that he has “lost his love” for holdem. I think mixed games are one of the best ways to bring back the love. It’s funny that Tommy revealed he is a low key member here. That helps explain his PCF Approved monster chip stack. I thought it was a great video and it inspired me to try some new dramaha variants! Circus games are the future!!!

...or he’s making a lot more money advertising for the Lodge with the vlog...

Not sure I blame him... Pretty sure he announced a few years ago he was quitting full time poker to focus on other interests, with his video/vlog crypto channels being one of them. He has a solid fan base and easily gets 5-figure views within the first few days on any video he posts.

Extend the invite, Craig. Best case he’s a fun guy to have around and blasts off racks. Worst case he’s a fun guy to have around and he’ll stack Matt like the Great Pyramids. Either way we all win.
I owe Matt a stacking :ninja:

wow this is annoying. why does he bother offering advice when he admittedly does not know these games? i mean i guess im happy overall...get some sill misinformation out there

Also called Oklahoma apparently:

C9D803C8-A0E2-44DD-B2C0-18058EC42EA6.jpeg

7BC9F992-0FC4-446E-9B1C-091333528D5D.jpeg

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom