Doug Polk Playing Mixed Games At The Lodge In Texas (2 Viewers)

Take it a step further and remove the cards on the board if they show up in the discard board.
That may actually be the only way that there would be enough if cards to deal two boards. Shuffle them back into the deck to potentially show up on 4th or 5th street. We can call it zombie Scarney.

Wait..

This is actually kinda genius. Thoughts @Poker Zombie ?

That may actually be the only way that there would be enough if cards to deal two boards. Shuffle them back into the deck to potentially show up on 4th or 5th street. We can call it zombie Scarney.

Wait..

This is actually kinda genius. Thoughts @Poker Zombie ?
We deal a 5 card discard board. We call it Icelandic Windy Scarney.

It uses all the cards.

Take it a step further and remove the cards on the board if they show up in the discard board.
We play a game called "The Good Bad Ugly".
2 rows of 5 cards face down. Each player gets 4 cards. One row is the "Bad /kill" row. The other "Good" is community. Any Good card that matches a Bad card gets killed and lowest Good card is wild. Play starts with round of betting. Then one card from each row is flipped. Any player holding a matching Ugly card must discard it. Card from the Good is community but if one matches the Bad, it is also killed. Lowest Good card not killed is wild. New round of betting followed by another card from ea row flipped. If all players fold to the better, he/she must then best a 4-card ghost hand. Good luck and it may get Ugly.

We play a game called "The Good Bad Ugly".
2 rows of 5 cards face down. Each player gets 4 cards. One row is the "Bad /kill" row. The other "Good" is community. Any Good card that matches a Bad card gets killed and lowest Good card is wild. Play starts with round of betting. Then one card from each row is flipped. Any player holding a matching Ugly card must discard it. Card from the Good is community but if one matches the Bad, it is also killed. Lowest Good card not killed is wild. New round of betting followed by another card from ea row flipped. If all players fold to the better, he/she must then best a 4-card ghost hand. Good luck and it may get Ugly.
That sounds fun - but no wild card games allowed at Windy Crest unless it's Queen follow the Queen (played $5/$10 limit)

Not a game I call regularly. Probably will remove those cards for public viewing in the future.
But some of these games are very instructional - 3 hand holdem I think is great for poker beginners because they can start learning starting hand selection and the relative usefulness of pocket pairs, suited connectors, and trash because that’s usually what you see a flop with. They get to select their starting hands based on what they know and then compare them as the hand develops. Several orbits of this and even a newbie to poker will start to develop starting hand selection skills that are useful in NLHE.
Interesting, will have to try that. Actually, thinking about 3 hand hold 'em made me come up with this:

Split Personality
Players are dealt 4 cards which they must split into two HE hands, keeping them separate into “Left” and “Right” hands.

Playing/betting proceeds as normal for HE (flop, turn, river), best 5-card hand out of hole/community cards win (can play the board), but at showdown best Left hand takes half the pot, and best Right hand wins the other half.

Optional: Player chooses which hand to play for first and second halves of the pot at showdown before the reveals. Do you pick your stronger hand first or second?

If there’s already a similar hand to this let me know.

Edit: I guess it’s like SOHE or SHESHE, but since the two hands are the same game the optional element of being able to pick which hand for which showdown hopefully makes it different enough.

Last edited:
Interesting, will have to try that. Actually, thinking about 3 hand hold 'em made me come up with this:

Split Personality
Players are dealt 4 cards which they must split into two HE hands, keeping them separate into “Left” and “Right” hands.

Playing/betting proceeds as normal for HE (flop, turn, river), best 5-card hand out of hole/community cards win (can play the board), but at showdown best Left hand takes half the pot, and best Right hand wins the other half.

Optional: Player chooses which hand to play for first and second halves of the pot at showdown before the reveals. Do you pick your stronger hand first or second?

If there’s already a similar hand to this let me know.

Edit: I guess it’s like SOHE or SHESHE, but since the two hands are the same game the optional element of being able to pick which hand for which showdown hopefully makes it different enough.
For your Optional - what if you divided the pot unevenly (e.g. 2/3 and 1/3)? :D

stacking Polk in Derailment is now added to my list of 'Life goals'

pleas make it happen.

For your Optional - what if you divided the pot unevenly (e.g. 2/3 and 1/3)? :D
I feel like that may actually simplify the decision-making, with people using their best hand for the bigger pot? Though the counter argument is that by saving your best hand for the second pot you might increase your chances of at least getting 1/3? Definitely an interesting idea!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom