Designing My First Cash Set (CPC) (1 Viewer)

Isn't it kind of an impossible task to not have any colors repeat?
Not at all. Here's one possibility supporting 7 chips (2 chip limit set and a 5 chip cash set) without repeats. (Not using this design, just pulling in colors.)

I even had several sets to look at options, including one with 3 colors on the 25¢ and 4 colors on the $100. Ultimately, I realized I didn't need the $100 and shifted the colors a touch. You'll notice I also left out some sweet colors: DG Arc Yellow, DG Pink, Butterscotch, and Blurple. Plenty of possibilities.

1676550909761.png

Edit: Also- I built a 5 chip trimoon non-repeating set with a solid frac, 1 spot color $1, and 3 spot colors on the $5/$20/$100.

Last edited:
When he made that statement about not repeating colors, I think he meant it in the broader sense. As in not repeating "color groups." Only one chip with blue, one with green, one with red, etc. But yeah, if you're looking at each of the 38 different shades as unique, then it's definitely doable to not repeat a color.

When he made that statement about not repeating colors, I think he meant it in the broader sense. As in not repeating "color groups." Only one chip with blue, one with green, one with red, etc. But yeah, if you're looking at each of the 38 different shades as unique, then it's definitely doable to not repeat a color.
Yeah im not too worried about it, just looking for a good balance.

My answer still stands as we're only talking about a five chip set currently.

I, myself, don't like the tri moon. The roundness of that spot clashes with the squareness of pretty much all the other spot patterns.
I love the tri moon of your frac and really hope you don't get rid of it.

However, I'm with others about Canary. It's super deceiving because on screen it looks DOPE as a yellow.

I've ordered 3 sets of CPC customs and the first 2 had Canary as a base color. Trust me, it's not a very good color. Granted, it looks good next to other reds and blues as base colors, but by itself it looks super grainy, bland, and dull.

My 3rd set of CPC customs I went with Dayglo Yellow as a base color, and though it is closer to white than yellow, it actually looks more yellow than canary does. I'd suggest Dayglo Yellow, or even Dayglo Saturn instead of Canary 100 of 100 times as a base color.

Here's my take on your progress. I tried to brighten up your darker colors... I find that too many dark colors can really make the chip feel blah. Also, I had a little fun with your $100 chip. The increased level shouldn't cost too much more :) Cheers!
2d3688ca-d957-40b5-8594-c885b196840f.png

Trying to work out some lighter $1 options. Should the $1 not have a blue spot even if it’s not the same blue color because the $5 has a blue spot? Here are some lighter $1s with zero overlap of other chips
72B6367F-D6E2-4013-A7B4-7B15CC680950.png

You may want to redesign 100s to something more original... My humble suggestion

Great advice in here.

Take your time. Play around with it.

Get the mold, colors, and the artwork just the way you want them.

Last edited:
I like the light blue but try the 4a14 pattern on it
What I am wondering is if I will have too many 4 spot chips with the $5, $100 and $1 all being 4 spot. Does it matter? Maybe change the $100 to a 3 or 8 spot?
Some more 1s I just came up with.
white $1s v3.png

Last edited:
If you use the 4a14 pattern then the progression from 3 spots to 4 spots to a 4 spots with 2 colors at each spot seems like a fine progression to me. Maybe try something more complex w the 100 then
That could be the call. For some reason I really want at least one 1/8 spot chip in the set though, which I guess the $25 is but I like the single 1/8 a lot too. Also still dont have a confirmed base color for the $1, but white is growing on me. I like this one with retro green and blurple a lot.
light $1s v4.png

Last edited:
Debating on maybe a solid frac of DG peach. Then move the tri-moon to the $1 or try the beloved 6A18
Alt Set peach frac.png

alt set v2 peach frac.png

If you go White, go Bright White, you won't regret the premium.
Base Green was a bit darker than I thought it would be - you might want a lighter shade between Retro Red $5 and $100 (if you go with Black).

Your alternate $1 looks kinda like a CDI98 $1!

Just got a small sample set because I wanted to see the inlays in person. I am incredibly impressed by the quality of cpc chips. Pictures do not do these things justice.

EF6C58DD-D720-4976-A88C-A139F1FEA478.jpeg

Just got a small sample set because I wanted to see the inlays in person. I am incredibly impressed by the quality of cpc chips. Pictures do not do these things justice.

View attachment 1085876
Why you hiding the two best chips? The DG Peacock and the green one under it! More pics!

I’m now strongly considering my $25 to be 6d18 and my $100 8a14. The 6dsa18 seems lackluster but that may have to do with the color scheme being bad.
9741FD3F-0247-4C0C-AF2B-915A24A6B67C.jpeg

Spiced up the frac a little. Some alternate options for the 25 and 100. Need to search around for peoples pics of the 6DSA18 because this is going to be hard to choose.
Peach Frac v3.png

I was in the Knollwoods thread last night and it inspired me to make a set with true spot progression. My only color used twice is the base color of the 1$ with the spot of the $5 dayglo peacock.

View attachment 1086877
This is starting to look and feel pretty good and cohesive to me. Though I was and still am a fan of the tri-moon colors you abandoned. My favorite of this current iteration in order is 1, frac, 100, 5, 25. Still thinking the 25 could have a little more pizzaz... but overall the set is trending in a great direction.

Have you figured out the inlay yet?

I just spent some time reading an old thread on spot progression and people pretty much said its made up and you can kinda just do what you want. That word cohesion did come up in there a bit. I want to make sure I dont overuse anything and have a mediocre set. I still dont know if I can abandon the 6a18 on the $1 I really like that pattern. Also for some reason I just kind of dont like tri spot patterns. I dont have an inlay design yet this is going to be a long drawn out process. I appreciate your feedback on the current chip designs.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/best-progressive-spot-schemes.70616/

New $25 with maybe some more pizazz. Which allowed grey to be freed up to use on the $100, eliminating blue which means that now there are only 2 chips that use a form of blue and not 3 (although all 3 were different blues). Of course the rubics cube affect happened so I had to then remove dayglow arc yellow from the $1. But I kind of really like the new $1 color scheme. Tbh im not sure I love the new $100 color scheme might be a little boring. Will look at it with fresh eyes tomorrow.
Edit: Just realized that now 3 chips will have a green although all different hues. This is hard :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Alt set progressive new $25.png

The rubics cube! I know it very well. When in doubt, look at the samples in your hand over the screen graphics... but like you said, you're taking your time which is good!

I really like the new green chip! And I absolutely love the DGPeacock + LG + DGS on the $1 chip!!

If moving gray from the green chip, I wouldn't add it to black, I would instead swap it in the frac. Your latest mockup leans blue AND green with green coming in on 3 denominations. I'd put all the color in the black chip and desaturate the frac (which can take it because, DGPeach is such a baller color :cool )

You have a ton of options with the spot choice for your $1 chip... I tried out a spot that gives you progression between the frac and the $5 while coming in at L3 instead of L9. Take whatever you want from this or ignore all of it... but in summary I think you are on to something.

But as others have mentioned, might want to start planning that inlay, because it might influence or change your colors dramatically.

Cheers!

6f6f572a-9b5f-472a-bc29-55a7655f8576.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom