Daniel Negreanu vs Doug Polk (3 Viewers)

Who will win the heads up match?

• Total voters
lol, Matusow has stated he's betting half his bankroll on Dnegs at 4:1

But Matusows total roll is 20k??? I have more money than Matusow in my roll, I have arrived!

I do think Polk wins, but I don't think he is a 4:1 favorite

https://www.cardplayer.com/poker-ne...nkroll-on-daniel-negreanu-to-defeat-doug-polk
He’s been broke for a while. In the past, year he started trying to have real bankroll management. Playing juicy live games with Hellmuth usually owning at least half of him, and then (during covid) playing online, he made enough to pay off most of his debts and build an actual roll.
And now we learn that roll is small, and he’s willing to donk it off on a long shot.
Same old story for the Mouth.

He’s been broke for a while. In the past, year he started trying to have real bankroll management. Playing juicy live games with Hellmuth usually owning at least half of him, and then (during covid) playing online, he made enough to pay off most of his debts and build an actual roll.
And now we learn that roll is small, and he’s willing to donk it off on a long shot.
Same old story for the Mouth.

Degens gonna degen

Mike only has a 20K bankroll? That seems kinda Tiny

I mean, I can see him donking off stacks trying to compete online against far superior competition, and not being able to keep up with the game as it's changed

And since he's willing to bet HALF his roll on this prop bet, I'm sure he has his share of expensive vices outside of poker

I mean, I can see him donking off stacks trying to compete online against far superior competition, and not being able to keep up with the game as it's changed

And since he's willing to bet HALF his roll on this prop bet, I'm sure he has his share of expensive vices outside of poker
Sigh. God help me, why would I defend Matusow?
In his last live event before covid, he finished 15th out of 290 in a $5k NLHE.
Prior to that, At last year’s WSOP, he finished 199th in the main event, along with 4th in the $10k stud hi/lo, and 3rd in a $2k 8 game mix, and 4th in a $1.5k PLO8, along with a bunch of other cashes.
So he’s still a world class live player, even though everybody thinks he’s a joke.
Online, he had 12 cashes in the online WSOP events this year, including 10th place in a $10k. So, I mean, is he outclassed by today’s online NLHE waizards? Yeah, I guess. But it seems like he can hold his own.

Mike Matusow is a blowhard idiot who’s almost incapable of managing his own life. I’ve listened to enough of his podcast over the past year that I can say that with certainty and almost with affection. He’s almost a lovable idiot. But he’s still got better poker instincts than just about anybody, because despite playing exactly the same as he did 20 years ago, he still wins at high stakes.

Last edited:
Sigh. God help me, why would I defend Matusow?
In his last live event before covid, he finished 15th out of 290 in a $5k NLHE.
Prior to that, At last year’s WSOP, he finished 199th in the main event, along with 4th in the $10k stud hi/lo, and 3rd in a $2k 8 game mix, and 4th in a $1.5k PLO8, along with a bunch of other cashes.
So he’s still a world class live player, even though everybody thinks he’s a joke.
Online, he had 12 cashes in the online WSOP events this year, including 10th place in a $10k. So, I mean, is he outclassed by today’s online NLHE waizards? Yeah, I guess. But it seems like he can hold his own.

Mike Matusow is a blowhard idiot who’s almost incapable of managing his own life. I’ve listened to enough of his podcast over the past year that I can say that with certainty and almost with affection. He’s almost a lovable idiot. But he’s still got better poker instincts than just about anybody, because despite playing exactly the same as he did 20 years ago, he still wins at high stakes.

His tourney success doesn't mean he isn't chum in the water when playing cash games

Screenshot_20201024-182534_Google.jpg

His tourney success doesn't mean he isn't chum in the water when playing cash games
Ugh, you cash players. Such a different world.
No, I don’t think Mike has been a very successful cash player. But neither was Stu Ungar.
I think cash players have to have discipline to survive. But the structure of a tournament has a way of forcing a sort of measured discipline onto good players who might otherwise lack discipline.
Ask me how I know.

Ugh, you cash players. Such a different world.
No, I don’t think Mike has been a very successful cash player. But neither was Stu Ungar.
I think cash players have to have discipline to survive. But the structure of a tournament has a way of forcing a sort of measured discipline onto good players who might otherwise lack discipline.
Ask me how I know.
I’ll bite. How do you know?

I’ll bite. How do you know?
Because I stink at cash?
Tournaments almost seem to play themselves. I look at people’s stacks and the blind level and the clock and the payouts and the decisions are easy.

Cash is a whole different beast. I haven’t developed the skill set to be a good cash player. But I’m pretty sure I could still be a non-losing cash player at $1/2 if I just TAGged it up. But whenever I’ve tried that, I’ve screwed it up, for lack of discipline.

I will take Polk not at 4 to 1 that seems alil high as good as dnegs is at hold em this is a diff beast for him IMO anyone want to bet Im down for a friendly lil bet PM me

Because I stink at cash?
Tournaments almost seem to play themselves. I look at people’s stacks and the blind level and the clock and the payouts and the decisions are easy.

Cash is a whole different beast. I haven’t developed the skill set to be a good cash player. But I’m pretty sure I could still be a non-losing cash player at $1/2 if I just TAGged it up. But whenever I’ve tried that, I’ve screwed it up, for lack of discipline.
Any advise for someone who is the exact opposite (My cash game is great since I have the patience to "wait out the deck" and not play garbage, but in tournaments the antes and blinds eat me alive)?

Any advise for someone who is the exact opposite (My cash game is great since I have the patience to "wait out the deck" and not play garbage, but in tournaments the antes and blinds eat me alive)?
There's a world of advice out there from people smarter than me.
I like Gus Hansen's book, "Every Hand Revealed" because he shows you exactly how he won a huge tournament by analyizing every hand he played. Of course, most of us can't play like Gus Hansen, but it shows you just what's possible.

I t
I will take Polk not at 4 to 1 that seems alil high as good as dnegs is at hold em this is a diff beast for him IMO anyone want to bet Im down for a friendly lil bet PM me
I think daniel is an amazing bet at 4 to one. And I think it gives us an idea of how disliked he's become. Because there's no way those are sensible odds. Doug friggen QUIT POKER couple of years ago! To suggest that he can just some back, be over what ever caused him to quit, and crush a guy who's always been a top pro, and who's sole reason for playing these days is his legacy - I think its a lot closer than 4 to 1.

I t

I think daniel is an amazing bet at 4 to one. And I think it gives us an idea of how disliked he's become. Because there's no way those are sensible odds. Doug friggen QUIT POKER couple of years ago! To suggest that he can just some back, be over what ever caused him to quit, and crush a guy who's always been a top pro, and who's sole reason for playing these days is his legacy - I think its a lot closer than 4 to 1.
Dnegs is one of the best to ever do it obvs a way better legacy then Doug Polk lol but Polk that is his bread and butter Heads Up esp online over 10k plus hands its gonna be hard for Dnegs to win this one

again I would take Polk but id never lay 4 to 1 no way I think its more like 2.5 to 1 ish range 4 to 1 is absurd to me

man dnegs I use to love that guy but yeah I think money and status has changed him Ivey him and I know im gonna get blasted for this one but Hellmuth were always my favorite go figure all have 3 way different styles I miss Poker from 2004-2010ish say what you want about Hellmuth but his reading ability is usually spot on he just sucks at Cash Game but Tourney its hard to say anyone is better the man does have 15 Bracelets all in Hold Em

man dnegs I use to love that guy but yeah I think money and status has changed him Ivey him and I know im gonna get blasted for this one but Hellmuth were always my favorite go figure all have 3 way different styles I miss Poker from 2004-2010ish say what you want about Hellmuth but his reading ability is usually spot on he just sucks at Cash Game but Tourney its hard to say anyone is better the man does have 15 Bracelets all in Hold Em
Not all in holdem - he's got at least two in Razz.
I'm with you, I love those guys and unapologetically so. Have you watched the heads up Duels that Helmuth and Antonio Esfandiari have had, on pokergo, over that last few months? Great poker! And Ivy might get involved in that show too.

Hellmuth has been discussed quite a bit recently, and here's a crazy statistic for you. He's got the record for WSOP cashes at 166 and the record for WSOP final tables at 62, but:
"Perhaps his most astonishing statistic from the WSOP is a bit hidden though. In those 62 final table appearances at the WSOP, Hellmuth had gotten heads up in 26 of them, winning 15 and taking second in 11. That's more than 40% of the time he finished in the top two, a remarkable number."
https://www.pokernews.com/news/2020/10/a-pokernews-debate-is-phil-hellmuth-excellent-38158.htm

Yeah I watched all 3 Hellmuth is my fav player of all time cause right as we got into poker the moneymaker boom of 2003 before we knew who Hellmuth was sad to say I use to act like that all the time so it was crazy when we seen him the first time my buddies were all like OMG it's you on TV lol

he is a great player the best hold em tourney player ever I think him and Stu Ungar

cash games not so much

I dont think PH wants any heads up Ivey smoke though lol

Over-under on how many direct insults Polk throws at Negreanu?

I think the website says it’s a live stream on YouTube and there’s another video streaming service listed as well. It does say free so I figured to just login to the channel at the start time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom