Daniel Negreanu vs Doug Polk (4 Viewers)

Who will win the heads up match?

• Total voters
It’s anybody’s game as far as I’m concerned. With solvers, DNegs should be able to get pretty close to what was elite play circa 2017. Neither one should have that much of an edge.

It’s anybody’s game as far as I’m concerned. With solvers, DNegs should be able to get pretty close to what was elite play circa 2017. Neither one should have that much of an edge.
That’s certainly possible. It seems like Daniel has made an effort to “catch up” on that business over the past 3-4 years. Maybe that’s what he’s counting on.

I know guys like that... :unsure:

You gotta realize those guys (I know who you're talking about :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:) only seem lucky because of the amount of bad calls they constantly make. You're not very likely to hit your one-outer if you never make the one-outer call.:p

I'm thinking of two players, both of them play in your game.

Let's see if we're thinking of the same people. I'll name one, you name the other.

JMc

If you say 'EW', I'm out.

1597418325489.png

I have to go with Daniel. Doug is a really good player and can outthink almost anyone but Daniel has an unreal ability to read others and to get information from people.

I have to go with Daniel. Doug is a really good player and can outthink almost anyone but Daniel has an unreal ability to read others and to get information from people.

my thoughts on daniel is that he is no better at reading people than most other pros...he's just very vocal about it so he speaks out his thought process which allows people who watch him to be amazed...but i would think most successful pros can reason through most of themselves...

i'm not a good player and even i can usually narrow the range more and more each turn..usually to 1 or 2 possible hands...and i know im not even good.....

daniel's also not an online player which most poker players know there is a huge different in playing in person or online. since its online, i think polk has a huge advantage as well as the analytics for 20K-30K hands

both are douchy...so its hard to pick.

You can have chlamydia, or gonorrhea, but not both. Choose wisely!

you can’t? Didn’t know that

Of course you can. In fact, most times if you show up to your local hospital or free clinic needing treatment for gonorrhea, they also give you treatment for chlamydia just in case.

Doug Polk all the way. Not only do I think Daniel Negreanu hasn't really changed things up in a very long time and is actually getting easier to figure out because of it, but Doug Polk did a lot of work defending Veronica Brill and someone who did that deserves our support.

my thoughts on daniel is that he is no better at reading people than most other pros...he's just very vocal about it so he speaks out his thought process which allows people who watch him to be amazed...but i would think most successful pros can reason through most of themselves...

i'm not a good player and even i can usually narrow the range more and more each turn..usually to 1 or 2 possible hands...and i know im not even good.....

daniel's also not an online player which most poker players know there is a huge different in playing in person or online. since its online, i think polk has a huge advantage as well as the analytics for 20K-30K hands

both are douchy...so its hard to pick.
Huh, you think Daniel is douchy? I have never really felt that way about him, he is kind of silly and fun, what makes you think he is douchy?

Huh, you think Daniel is douchy? I have never really felt that way about him, he is kind of silly and fun, what makes you think he is douchy?
It depends on how you define douchey. I’ve been a big fan of Daniel. And I still am. But the more I see of him ~ his YouTube video blogs and streams, listening to his podcast - the less inclined I am to argue with that.

Back when poker was poker, he was great. But now that he is doing vlogs and monetizing himself instead of his poker doing that for him, combined with the usual changing that happens as people age, he is kinda douchy now.

Of course you can. In fact, most times if you show up to your local hospital or free clinic needing treatment for gonorrhea, they also give you treatment for chlamydia just i I don’t have any experience wi

I dunno there’s just something about him. I can be pretty douchy too so maybe it’s douche radar

It depends on how you define douchey. I’ve been a big fan of Daniel. And I still am. But the more I see of him ~ his YouTube video blogs and streams, listening to his podcast - the less inclined I am to argue with that.
Back when poker was poker, he was great. But now that he is doing vlogs and monetizing himself instead of his poker doing that for him, combined with the usual changing that happens as people age, he is kinda douchy now.

I agree with both of these observations. I watched his WSOP vlog last summer and the guy is just so full of himself. My first exposure to Daniel was in the Poker After Dark days, so even then his glory days were maybe behind him. I think part of it may be the format of being a vlogger, that you constantly have to be creating "content" and that can drive people to presenting themselves as more important than they actually are so that people feel they are actually watching something.

I had to stop watching his vlog mid-way through the WSOP and this year I didn't watch it at all. There is only so much time I can devote to watching a man in his 40s whine about how people insult his wife.

Daniel is a snooker player though, so he gets some appreciation from me for that.

Doug is a huge favorite assuming they're playing online NL only. Daniel has stated that he knows he's a dog.

It's been speculated that Daniel is agreeing to NL only and not putting up a stink for Doug to play a Stud game is, Daniel is basically free-rolling (money aside). He's the underdog so if he loses, oh well, no shocker but if Dan wins, then it's an incredible story. If he played both games and lost, he'd look like a chump.

My guess is a live stream with commentators on GG Poker with hole cards on PokerGo's YouTube channel.

It started as a dick wagging contest but it'll be made into an event for someone to cash in on.

Doug is the least likable person in poker and Daniel is getting close to 2nd as of late. During Dan's live streams he's shown a lack of control when it comes to engaging with the chat. He's totally the TheRealDadPoker lately. I'm not very interested in the outcome but as the hype builds I'm sure I'll tune in.

It's been speculated that Daniel is agreeing to NL only and not putting up a stink for Doug to play a Stud game is, Daniel is basically free-rolling (money aside).
Maybe. There might be some sense to it though. He addressed this in his last podcast. His stud strength is live, high stakes, full ring. He said that for heads-up stud, he’d have as much to learn as Doug.

I know how you feel, but I also think that's the case for 99% of (semi)famous people. The more you see, the less you want to see.

I think George Clooney and Emma Watson seem like nice people, but I'm 100% sure that if I watch them at work 2-3/week + follow everything they tweet + watch a vlog they do about themselves every couple days, etc. they both will lose their appeal real fast.

Less is more. I like watching Daniel because he creates some atmosphere at the table and he plays very well.
I don't follow his vlogs, articles, etc. anymore, because that stuff's not what I want to see from him.

Polk... well, it's hard for me to be objective about Doug Polk, as he just seems like an anti-someone personality. Polk needs to be "against" someone or something else in order to create content. I might be wrong there, sure, but I don't like watching him, so I don't. Easy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom