CPC General discussion thread (16 Viewers)

...but I’m not going to be the one to ask.

4g70hg.jpg

Just received second notice that two more packages are coming, must be getting my second set at the same time!!
No such luck:( must be a glitch, David said just the two boxes for now.

I think they have a cut off date before a mold run starts to get your orders in, as the run of that mold gets delayed the cut off date gets extended? Just guessing.
Because of Covid all the molds were delayed. When the mold gets pushed back David and CPC have the ability to let you Add on to the run ot join the run. It allowed me to add 300 more chips to my HHR order. I placed an order at the end of DEC 2019 for my chips to be produced in April/Early May. When I asked David again in June for another update after I found out of the delays in April I also asked him about the next HHR run after this one because I wanted to add 300 more chips in 2021. David told me I should add on now and I could because of the delays.

I re checked David's email from the 24th Aug and he said DSQ was running around 2 months behind (and due to go into production around late Aug) he also stated that international freight was taking around 4-6 weeks. Based on this I think I'll be lucky to recieve the order this year.

Is it possible to customize the hot stamped chips so that edge spots could be added?
I might be missing the question, but hot stamps are added after the chips are made.

You select the mold, color, spots, and hot stamp design before production (recognizing not all molds can take a hot stamp).

There’s a lot more to it, but point is, the edge spots are clay and part of the chip.

I might be missing the question, but hot stamps are added after the chips are made.

You select the mold, color, spots, and hot stamp design before production (recognizing not all molds can take a hot stamp).

There’s a lot more to it, but point is, the edge spots are clay and part of the chip.

Oh Thanks. I am refering to the Atlantic Club Tournament Hot Stamps, with edge spots they are 10/10!

Oh Thanks. I am refering to the Atlantic Club Tournament Hot Stamps, with edge spots they are 10/10!
Hit up David Spragg and let him know what you’re thinking. Hot stamp is done- just a matter of making the chips you want to apply it to.

I ordered a sample set of the Atlantic Club Hot Stamps a few months ago and on several of the chips, the gold writing has faded considerably. Has anyone else noticed this? I am a bit hesitant to buy a larger set, fearful of their durability.

I ordered a sample set of the Atlantic Club Hot Stamps a few months ago and on several of the chips, the gold writing has faded considerably. Has anyone else noticed this? I am a bit hesitant to buy a larger set, fearful of their durability.
I've had my set since the initial release, played with them maybe 10 times, and I haven't noticed any noticeable fading

I have no reason to question the durability of these chips. I've had a custom set since early 2018 that have played through 20 or so games (though only one in 2020 :( ) and they have yet to show any defects.

Am I correct to assume that the Circle Square mold is still significantly more worn down than the A-Crest (as per https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/high-magnification-cpc-mold-samples.19306/)?
Or has it been ~recently replaced (here it seems better: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/the-rainier-room-cpc.64177/)?

that Rainer Room closeup is consistent with the mold wear - from inspecting my own customs from this year, it varies a bit from chip to chip.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure A-Mold runs all the time; whereas Circle Square is rotated like all the others. Thus, I'd guess A-Mold would succumb to the effects of wear sooner? That assumption doesn't speak to the run history of each mold however.

I initially didn't like Circle Square but it's grown on me a bit. Tourney Rounders with Circle Square is a future project I'm considering. I toy around with it sometimes with the designer though using my own base/spot color choices for the $1000 thru $25,000:

Rounders.png

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure A-Mold runs all the time; whereas Circle Square is rotated like all the others. Thus, I'd guess A-Mold would succumb to the effects of wear sooner?
Yeah, the 39mm A-mold is the only mold always in use.

It’s a safe bet that A-mold is wearing faster than others, but I don’t think it’s a given that the molds are the same age (IIRC they are not)

Question for David, or those of you who may already know the answer:

Already mocking up the next CPC set and thinking that shaped inlays would be the way to go. Out of curiosity, is there a reason why the following inlay designs aren't on offer (or would it possible for them to be added)? I realize edge spots and molds are a costly endeavour, but unsure how the process of shaped inlays is in terms of creating new options.

hexagon design:
Screenshot 2020-12-06 at 12.01.19.png
Screenshot 2020-12-06 at 12.00.20.png

more rounded version of SCA:
Screenshot 2020-12-06 at 11.59.13.png
Screenshot 2020-12-06 at 11.59.01.png

four-moon:
Screenshot 2020-12-06 at 11.58.56.png
Screenshot 2020-12-06 at 11.59.07.png

Already mocking up the next CPC set and thinking that shaped inlays would be the way to go. Out of curiosity, is there a reason why the following inlay designs aren't on offer (or would it possible for them to be added)? I realize edge spots and molds are a costly endeavour, but unsure how the process of shaped inlays is in terms of creating new options.

hexagon design:
View attachment 587500View attachment 587501

View attachment 587502View attachment 587503

four-moon:
View attachment 587504View attachment 587505
From David: “Not possible, every different item has it's own completely different machinery which costs up to $100k a time.
Everything we can possibly make is already available - molds, colors, spot patterns, inlay shapes.”

(This is from a few months back, in reference to shaped inlays, when I asked pretty much the exact same thing)

From David: “Not possible, every different item has it's own completely different machinery which costs up to $100k a time.
Everything we can possibly make is already available - molds, colors, spot patterns, inlay shapes.”

(This is from a few months back, in reference to shaped inlays, when I asked pretty much the exact same thing)
Thanks, I didn't find that when looking. Too bad that adding new designs is such a cost intensive endeavour.

Thanks, I didn't find that when looking. Too bad that adding new designs is such a cost intensive endeavour.
It was from a looooooong PM convo between me and him. I’ve definitely annoyed him (sorry David) but I now know a lot of answers to these kinds of questions.

hexagon design:
View attachment 587500View attachment 587501

View attachment 587502View attachment 587503

four-moon:
View attachment 587504View attachment 587505
Hoping for hexagon and star shape for years now. It will probably never happen. :/

General questions about hot-stamping:

-Some molds are listed as recommended for hot-stamping and I'm aware that some molds can not be hot-stamped. If a mold doesn't say it is recommended is it still fine? If it isn't recommended what does that mean? create spinners? incomplete stamps, something else?

-If a die is custom made, does the entire die get made or can part of it be made and part of it utilize the denom dies? For example, if someone wanted to use what is essentially the Fractional Stock Die but have a different name and location in there, is that custom? Also, if you wanted a fractional stock die equivalent made but then a stamp for 5 cents and 25 cents is that two custom dies or is that 1 custom die + 2 stock centers?

-If a custom die is being made that is just text, what's the LoE for 'art work' that goes into that?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom