CPC General discussion thread (9 Viewers)

Does it make me sad or desperate that I check my email everyday for an update or a shipping notice?

Wonder how much longer the current CSQ run is...

Does anybody know what a typical / per day / week chip production turnout is? It can’t be too many per day, right?
I suspect it varies greatly by the spot level (which is why there is such a cost difference) and by the mold (also why there is a cost difference).

Solid a-molds can probably be spit out at an incredible rate, when compared to:
1598442434912.png

I suspect it varies greatly by the spot level (which is why there is such a cost difference) and by the mold (also why there is a cost difference).

View attachment 520423

Lovely design. In my conversations with David, the clay for my chips was prepped in advance of the mold run. I would expect mold throughout to be the same.

Not possible. Only two molds running at any given time, and A-mold is always mounted.
Is A mold still always mounted and running during this time where the pandemic has them partially shut down? I don’t recall what was said and don’t care to search for it but someone said something that I took as A mold being currently just part of the rotation with them running a skeleton crew.

I really don’t know either way, that’s just how I took someone’s comment.

Not true. Not all molds are the same, or in the same working condition. Reject rates vary, and some are worn to the point where not all of the original output is still available or used.
Agreed. My comment was suggesting that mold throughput was not dependent on spot pattern complexity as clay is made prior to the run. I also expect David preps knowing reject rates and prep enough in advance. All speculation, of course.

Agreed. My comment was suggesting that mold throughput was not dependent on spot pattern complexity as clay is made prior to the run. I also expect David preps knowing reject rates and prep enough in advance. All speculation, of course.
Clay is made prior to the run, but everything from cutouts to measuring clay for spots to putting the clay into the chip is done by hand. Then there are the rejects which are made then tossed out in quality control.

It's not about the time it takes to make the material, it's the assembly of the chip - all done by hand. Complex patterns result in more time and more errors. Also Bright White costs a premium, because the time taken to clean the mold between presses.

Basically the increasing costs are there, because when a chip takes longer to make it takes more money per chip to keep the lights on. It is also why there is no discount for big orders.

View attachment 520423
Is nobody gonna talk about the 1/8 pies and the 4hc edge spots and the dots on the chips?

And confusing. Those look to be real, so they haven’t been just painted on. I hope that’ll be a new stock option.

No doubt they are real. The 1/8 pies are lovely, some interesting potential there. Still deciding on the dots.

And confusing. Those look to be real, so they haven’t been just painted on. I hope that’ll be a new stock option.
They are real, and spectacular. Don't ask for them though, they aren't stock. I don't even want to ask how many buckets of money were ignited to get those short runs produced - but they were worth every... single... penny.

They are real, and spectacular. Don't ask for them though, they aren't stock. I don't even want to ask how many buckets of money were ignited to get those short runs produced - but they were worth every... single... penny.
Were the spots hand cut?

Spots date back to the (I believe the) bACEsement chips, back on CT (@BGinGA should be able to confirm). They are very fragile, and David's level of quality prevents him from making them for regular use. You dont want to spend $5+ (or whatever) per chip and just have them break in half when tossed into a pot.

Does it make me sad or desperate that I check my email everyday for an update or a shipping notice?

Wonder how much longer the current CSQ run is...

it makes us kindred spirits

CSQ may already be done, if @RoyalBluff's indication above that HHR is already running AND @BGinGA's assertion that A-mold is always running are both accurate. which would mean our chips are pressed but not lathed...

Last edited:
So still trying to learn the ropes here. Is disq coming up? Is there a cutoff time for ordering when it comes to making it in before a mold runs?

you said you placed your order in April? okay, this doesn't bode well for my January order.
Sorry man. Mine were just semi custom rounders...so the majority of mine were just standard rounders chips just a different 1k, 5k and bounty.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom