CPC General discussion thread (8 Viewers)

I am just dipping my toes in the water and just wanted a general sense. I am sure I will have questions later so I don’t want to use up my allotment now. I already ordered sample color and mold sets in the last few minutes so I will see what I like and if S Crown is for me anyway soon.

Some basic rules for people new to chipping:
  • Don't wait. CPC (previously ASM in Maine) shut down once before because the previous chipmaker retired. The company was bought and moved to Vegas, where it utterly failed, because chipmaking is very, very hard to get right. David rescued the company, swayed the chipmaker out of retirement, and here we are. Another retirement, a tornado, a fire... any of these things could end your dream. CPC is the last clay chipmaker. When they are gone, it's all over.
  • Buy more than you think you need. Your game may expand. You might want to play different stakes or different tournaments. Chips are made by hand, and an add-on next year, or in 3 years may not (and is unlikely to) match exactly right.
  • Molds are put in play according to order volume. If you want the S-mold, place the order. There is a lot of down time changing molds. Time where CPC makes no money, but rent, utilities, and people still need to get paid. Once he gets enough demand, the company will shut down to get ready for the mold. That is the only way to know when the mold will go in play.
You are getting samples, that is smart, but dont pretend there is some "cycle" of mold orders. From what I've seen, the Scroll-mold is not a high demand item. Get your order in and get that ball moving, because if it goes without you, it may be another year before you get the chance again.

Last edited:
  • Don't wait. CPC (previously ASM in Maine) shut down once before because the previous chipmaker retired. The company was bought and moved to Vegas, where it utterly failed, because chipmaking is very, very hard to get right. David rescued the company, swayed the chipmaker out of retirement, and here we are. Another retirement, a tornado, a fire... any of these things could end your dream. CPC is the last clay chipmaker. When they are gone, it's all over.
  • Buy more than you think you need. Your game may expand. You might want to play different stakes or different tournaments. Chips are made by hand, and an add-on next year, or in 3 years may not (and is unlikely to) match exactly right.
  • Molds are put in play according to order volume. If you want the S-mold, place the order. There is a lot of down time changing molds. Time where CPC makes no money, but rent, utilities, and people still need to get paid. Once he gets enough demand, the company will shut down to get ready for the mold. That is the only way to know when the mold will go in play.
You are getting samples, that is smart, but dont pretend there is some "cycle" of mold orders. From what I've seen, the S-mold is not a high demand item. Get your order in and get that ball moving, because if it goes without you, it may be another year before you get the chance again.
Heed this advice. Though it may be several months to a couple of years until the mold is run again, at least get the order into the queue. You never know who else will put an order in for the same mold and it may get run sooner than you think.

You are getting samples, that is smart, but dont pretend there is some "cycle" of mold orders. From what I've seen, the S-mold is not a high demand item. Get your order in and get that ball moving, because if it goes without you, it may be another year before you get the chance again.
Can we pin this somewhere? This is the answer.

They did a Dec run, a Feb-March run, so then I'd assume a later summer run.

Well, sorta. They did a Dec 2018 run, then a Jan/Feb 2020 run. It was a little more than a year apart. I had chips in both runs. Perhaps they've done others I wasn't aware of though?

Well, sorta. They did a Dec 2018 run, then a Jan/Feb 2020 run. It was a little more than a year apart. I had chips in both runs. Perhaps they've done others I wasn't aware of though?
I was told by David they had a Nov-Dec 2019 run that I just missed. And my Scarlets were apart of the large Mar-April 2020 run.

I have a email I can double check if I'm plain misremembering.

Last edited:
I was told by David they had a Nov-Dec 2019 run that I just missed. And my Scarlets were apart of the large Mar-April 2020 run.

No, there must be some miscommunication there somewhere. I placed my scrown order on September 22, 2019 and was waiting for production on them to begin over the winter. They started prepping the clay in Nov & Dec but deliveries didn't come until Q1 2020. I believe I was the first order filled from this scrown run when I received them on Jan 15, 2020. Other orders starting being delivered after mine through Feb and March I believe.

No, there must be some miscommunication there somewhere. I placed my scrown order on September 22, 2019 and was waiting for production on them to begin over the winter. They started prepping the clay in Nov & Dec but deliveries didn't come until Q1 2020. I believe I was the first order filled from this scrown run when I received them on Jan 15, 2020. Other orders starting being delivered after mine through Feb and March I believe.
And that could be it. I ordered in Sept and thought he said I had just missed the last run, but I could get into March. But let's be serious, I drink alot and this was 9 months ago. HahHa

Just to add, I emailed David to update my shipping address to my Canadian residence from my US receiving address (border closed, thanks ‘rona) and he indicated they are behind on orders. They had to slow production in order to remain open/comply with safety regs/distancing etc.

As for molds in production I assume you could place an order for x mold and if it’s just not coming up you could probably move it to y mold that is due up for production assuming enough lead time?

I assume you could place an order for x mold and if it’s just not coming up you could probably move it to y mold that is due up for production assuming enough lead time?
Generally not that simple, depending on what prep they have done beforehand (inlay size, etc.) that may have been specific mold-dependent. I also don't know if all slugs are prepared identically or if they vary by intended mold. I doubt that they are, and suspect they won't tell you, either. :)

I have a semi custom CSQ mold set of Rounders being made and David told me it was supposed to start "sometime in April" and that it would probably be 2-3 months for me to receive my order. So it's possible the CSQ mold is still being ran but probably too late to get orders in on this run.

I inquired about when the next CSQ run would be and was told likely December of this year.

I have an order of 1,500 stock CSQ Rounders in. I emailed the other day and it sounded like production just started or is about to start. He said about 2 more months before I might receive them.

Anyone heard if the Chesterfields and other plain mold sets are in production (or hopefully finished lol)
I ordered two sample sets from CPC, the Atlantic's showed up but not the Chesterfields. I emailed about it and they said 4-6 weeks before the first ones would be ready.

I have a semi custom CSQ mold set of Rounders being made and David told me it was supposed to start "sometime in April" and that it would probably be 2-3 months for me to receive my order. So it's possible the CSQ mold is still being ran but probably too late to get orders in on this run.

I inquired about when the next CSQ run would be and was told likely December of this year.

Last I checked, they were quite a bit behind on CSQ. On April 9, David emailed me: "Expecting to start pressing CSQ in 6-8 weeks. (There are a number ahead of you though) Can’t make any promises though. Too many factors outside our control."

Tomorrow will make 8 weeks, but I am too afraid to ask again lol.

Last I checked, they were quite a bit behind on CSQ. On April 9, David emailed me: "Expecting to start pressing CSQ in 6-8 weeks. (There are a number ahead of you though) Can’t make any promises though. Too many factors outside our control."

Tomorrow will make 8 weeks, but I am too afraid to ask again lol.
Yeah my last email with him was April 23 and that was when he told me 2-3 months. I'm in no rush though.

I only ordered 8 weeks ago, and I was told I just made the cutoff for the mold run and that they should be done in about 8 weeks.

David has been very accurate with the timing estimate on my previous orders and i've been very lucky that I've never waited more than 12 weeks total. Fingers crossed It happens again

Who recently got their orders from CPC? How many weeks/months were your chips delayed? I emailed with David today. The state is only allowing 4 people to work in their factory at a time at this moment so they are understandably delayed. Nothing anyone can do. The Virus situation is not getting better. I made an order purchase in December and was supposed to get the HHR Molds arround April. But due to Covid I knew there would be delays. So now it could be August at the earliest or September. I'd be happy with October. @Perthmike which mold did you order?

Last edited:
Who recently got their orders from CPC? How many weeks/months were your chips delayed? I emailed with David today. They state is only allowing 4 people to work in their factory at a time at this moment so they are understandably delayed. Nothing anyone can do. The Virus situation is not getting better. I made an order purchase in December was supposed to get the HHR Molds arround April. But due to Covid I knew there would be delays. So now it could be August at the earliest or September. I'd be happy with October. @Perthmike which mold did you order?
I ordered a semi custom rounders set on the CSQ mold in April, was told 2-3 months. It appears some CSQ orders are being shipped so I'm hopeful for the end of the month.

I ordered a semi custom rounders set on the CSQ mold in April, was told 2-3 months. It appears some CSQ orders are being shipped so I'm hopeful for the end of the month.
@Marhault hopefully you'll get yours soon. The CSQ Semi Custom Rounders probably don't require as much lead time.

Who recently got their orders from CPC? How many weeks/months were your chips delayed? I emailed with David today. They state is only allowing 4 people to work in their factory at a time at this moment so they are understandably delayed. Nothing anyone can do. The Virus situation is not getting better. I made an order purchase in December and was supposed to get the HHR Molds arround April. But due to Covid I knew there would be delays. So now it could be August at the earliest or September. I'd be happy with October. @Perthmike which mold did you order?
Plain mold

Inquired about an A mold set. Was quoted 4-6 months at least, and maybe longer. They're super busy right now. And stressed from covid.

I ordered a stock Rounders set mid April and just got it delivered this week. I asked about a custom order on A Mold and he said 6 months plus if I ordered right now.

Definitely seems like they're slammed. The poker chip sale and resale industry is one of the few things that did not see a dip in sales as a result of the pandemic. Huge missed opportunity for a certain rival company of CPC's, but their stubbornness is CPC's gain!

I was quoted this summer as the time that the 44mm molded chips were going to go to press. I'd be happy to have them by the end of the year at this rate. I understand the anxiety from some here, but hey, I'm not going anywhere. Getting a new set later in the year will be nice. I'm hoping to wrap up my next new set in the coming weeks after which I'm just getting a rack here and there to finish a couple of other sets for good, then I'm done for a while.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom