CPC General discussion thread (10 Viewers)

Last I heard from David in mid-June was that CSQ is going to be a 2-3 month run, and that I have a dozen custom orders in front of mine (placed in January). Not to mention the fact that they are probably making a ton of stock Rounders chips, looks like they must have done those first.

It is a good problem to have, for them!

Last I heard from David in mid-June was that CSQ is going to be a 2-3 month run, and that I have a dozen custom orders in front of mine (placed in January). Not to mention the fact that they are probably making a ton of stock Rounders chips, looks like they must have done those first.

It is a good problem to have, for them!
It's a great problem for them to have as being so busy and being backed up. But probably not such a great problem regarding the large portion of staff that they most likely had to Furlough or layoff. I remember David telling me they ramped up with additional staff right before the Pandemic and then it hit.

It's a great problem for them to have as being so busy and being backed up. But probably not such a great problem regarding the large portion of staff that they most likely had to Furlough or layoff. I remember David telling me they ramped up with additional staff right before the Pandemic and then it hit.

Fair point. I wonder how many manufacturing employees they actually had/have?

@David Spragg or anyone else have an overview of the upcoming mold schedule (and when one would have to get final proofs submitted by in advance of a mold run?)?

Thanks!

Who recently got their orders from CPC? How many weeks/months were your chips delayed? I emailed with David today. The state is only allowing 4 people to work in their factory at a time at this moment so they are understandably delayed. Nothing anyone can do. The Virus situation is not getting better. I made an order purchase in December and was supposed to get the HHR Molds arround April. But due to Covid I knew there would be delays. So now it could be August at the earliest or September. I'd be happy with October. @Perthmike which mold did you order?

Dave just confirmed with me today that the HHR molds just started it's run. He's not able to provide an estimated completion date for my HHR order (placed Dec 2019), but he said for sure before 2021.

Reached out to Dave early this month ref my DIAMSQ order from Dec. They are still working at 50% capacity due to COVID restrictions and the order is a couple of months out

Dave just confirmed with me today that the HHR molds just started it's run. He's not able to provide an estimated completion date for my HHR order (placed Dec 2019), but he said for sure before 2021.
Damn... I still haven't got shipping notice on my CSQ set yet...

Same here, but they should be coming soon! Mine are probably last in the queue as I didn't place my order until early June. But since we already had one person receive their CSQ customs from the current run (Club D), hoping for them to get here by labor day or so.

Same here, but they should be coming soon! Mine are probably last in the queue as I didn't place my order until early June. But since we already had one person receive their CSQ customs from the current run (Club D), hoping for them to get here by labor day or so.
My order was from April. I'm not in a hurry.

same. I actually emailed him for an update yesterday, and he responded that they are "half finished" but he cannot guess a shipping date. my order was placed and paid on Jan 27. soon...

same. I actually emailed him for an update yesterday, and he responded that they are "half finished" but he cannot guess a shipping date. my order was placed and paid on Jan 27. soon...
Your order is half finished or the CSQ custom orders are half finished?

with HHR just starting, and DIASQ next?
4791F139-1B8E-49A2-891A-A4EE584CC379.gif

There’s still some hope for 2020 after all!

So it sound like CSQ is wrapping up, with HHR just starting, and DIASQ next?

i think it's also possible that HHR actually replaced the plain mold, not CSQ, and that CSQ is still running. because it does appear the c'fields and rounders were being manufactured at the same time. but i am just speculating.

Note for anyone w/ 44mm orders, the run that was predicted (back in late April) to go in rotation in late August is “going to be a while yet I'm afraid” per email from David, citing severe lockdown restrictions.
That's a bummer, but not unexpected. At least I have something to look forward to, and the delay allowed me to get the funds together to pay for an add on to the set!

i think it's also possible that HHR actually replaced the plain mold, not CSQ, and that CSQ is still running. because it does appear the c'fields and rounders were being manufactured at the same time. but i am just speculating.
Not possible. Only two molds running at any given time, and A-mold is always mounted.

Anyone else waiting for scrown to run again?

Long time cpc tool user first time caller here. How many orders does it usually take for a mold to run? Love jockey but if it’s seldom used :dead:

Long time cpc tool user first time caller here. How many orders does it usually take for a mold to run? Love jockey but if it’s seldom used :dead:
I'll let David chime in here, but the correct answer I've found to be true is enough to make it profitable for CPC to run. To perhaps put a number on it though, at least three decent sized orders. David mentioned to me that if I cancelled my 44mm order and decided to go in another direction, that the entire running of the mold would be in jeopardy, as there were only three orders for 44mm sets at the time earlier this year.

I'll let David chime in here, but the correct answer I've found to be true is enough to make it profitable for CPC to run. To perhaps put a number on it though, at least three decent sized orders. David mentioned to me that if I cancelled my 44mm order and decided to go in another direction, that the entire running of the mold would be in jeopardy, as there were only three orders for 44mm sets at the time earlier this year.
Thanks! Seeing some of the madmen here I’m assuming 1100 chips isn’t decent sized lol

Thanks! Seeing some of the madmen here I’m assuming 1100 chips isn’t decent sized lol
Nah, those are pretty large orders. I've seen plenty of folks order 600-800 chips for a set. My initial order was 600 and just added on another 200 to make it an even 800.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom