CPC General discussion thread (7 Viewers)

Sorry man. Mine were just semi custom rounders...so the majority of mine were just standard rounders chips just a different 1k, 5k and bounty.

LimpQualifiedBullmastiff-size_restricted.gif

i couldn't help myself and had to email david for another update. he confirmed CSQ rounders were indeed all completed first, the rest of the CSQ custom orders from 2020 are all being worked through at once, and are 2/3 complete in total...

i couldn't help myself and had to email david for another update. he confirmed CSQ rounders were indeed all completed first, the rest of the CSQ custom orders from 2020 are all being worked through at once, and are 2/3 complete in total...
2/3 complete in that they are finished and shipped? Or still pressing CSQ?

2/3 complete in that they are finished and shipped? Or still pressing CSQ?

this is all i know - you ask him this time if you want more details lol

Everyone from 2020 is all in progress (6 orders) all about 2/3 of the way through.
We don't necessarily work on one order at a time, it doesn't work like that. Equipment has to be reset for each color (different curing temperatures etc.) so we are typically working on about 15 orders (3 molds) at any given time.

I feel like someone should do a set of the Rounders chips on the Jockey mold. With shaped inlays. @Windwalker :D

View attachment 528475

I didn’t think about it until after I had placed my order, but I wish I would have used shaped inlays for the $25’s and $100’s. It would have only been an extra $120 or so. Worth it to make the big chips more unique.

Anyone else waiting on the DIAMSQR mold?
I was hoping to get an order in before the cutoff, but it’s not looking like that will happen. Haven’t heard anything from the designer in a while - though I know he’s pretty busy and was on vacation.

Anyone else waiting on the DIAMSQR mold?
I was hoping to get an order in before the cutoff, but it’s not looking like that will happen. Haven’t heard anything from the designer in a while - though I know he’s pretty busy and was on vacation.

@Hornet and I both have Diamond Square orders in. When I placed my order mid July I was told I had about a week at that time to get the order in.

I’m hoping to see them before Thanksgiving. But I won’t be surprised if it closer to the end of the year.

@Hornet and I both have Diamond Square orders in. When I placed my order mid July I was told I had about a week at that time to get the order in.

I’m hoping to see them before Thanksgiving. But I won’t be surprised if it closer to the end of the year.
I was told I’d need to have order finalized by latest end of Sept/beginning of Oct - that was about 5 weeks ago. Was really hoping to get in on this run.

Does anyone know how long it’s been since the last DIASQ run? Or are the intervals really more dependent on how many orders get made?

I was told to have it in by mid-April to be able to make it... :/

I was told I’d need to have order finalized by latest end of Sept/beginning of Oct - that was about 5 weeks ago. Was really hoping to get in on this run.

Does anyone know how long it’s been since the last DIASQ run? Or are the intervals really more dependent on how many orders get made?
I was told to have it in by mid-April to be able to make it... :/

guessing David wants to help everyone of us out and keeps adding more orders as the list of orders gets longer there is more time for the mold to be in the presses and is able to take additional orders?

Either that or he wants to make sure the order get placed, because if they don’t the cut off date would end up being shorter and some of us would have missed it if we waited any longer.

guessing David wants to help everyone of us out and keeps adding more orders as the list of orders gets longer there is more time for the mold to be in the presses and is able to take additional orders?

Either that or he wants to make sure the order get placed, because if they don’t the cut off date would end up being shorter and some of us would have missed it if we waited any longer.
I think they have a cut off date before a mold run starts to get your orders in, as the run of that mold gets delayed the cut off date gets extended? Just guessing.

I think they have a cut off date before a mold run starts to get your orders in, as the run of that mold gets delayed the cut off date gets extended? Just guessing.

makes sense to me. Have to be fluid in business and don’t want to turn away orders either.

Doesn't really help others who have been waiting a lot already, and new orders get added to the delayed previous mold(s), thus additionally delaying the one you're on...

Doesn't really help others who have been waiting a lot already, and new orders get added to the delayed previous mold(s), thus additionally delaying the one you're on...
Like I said I'm just guessing, I have no info that backs up my theory.

Last I heard from David in mid-June was that CSQ is going to be a 2-3 month run, and that I have a dozen custom orders in front of mine (placed in January). Not to mention the fact that they are probably making a ton of stock Rounders chips, looks like they must have done those first.

It is a good problem to have, for them!
Haha.. I was considering emailing David 'again' regarding my diamond sq run. Originally quoted August but had been put back because of COVID. Hoping for some update soon

With the current constraints on production & the negative impact that must be having on the company’s balance sheet, I don’t fault David at all for doing what it takes to keep a mold on for as long as possible, the downtime switching molds is just wages out the door with no revenue.

Separately, putting aside date/month estimates, I’d be very curious to know the order of the next few upcoming molds...but I’m not going to be the one to ask.

Rotationwise it's impossible to plan dates while we are still under Covid restrictions.
The molds currently in are CSQ and HHR so obviously it's way too late on those.
DSQ and FDL should be next but would need an almost immediate order. Probably Elephant Crown and Small Crown after that. That will probably take us up to February anyway.

No mention of 44mm chips in there :(
Yeah...February (and apparently no guarantees they’d even be next up at that point) would be a real kick to the jimmies when they were originally scheduled for late last month.

I’m locked in to my order because I already have custom racks & birdcage in hand, but damn, it’s gonna be a loooong winter.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom