CPC costs? (1 Viewer)

Up to the individual. I had mine be paid in advance. Some others will just order a bunch of extra samples and then sell to the first X people.
The samples are generally sold without profit though, only enough to cover all attached costs.

Wow. I bought 1000 ASMs with inlays when they only offered three edge spots of one color. Paid a $1 a chip and some people thought I was nuts. With inflation (from 2002) that only makes that $1336 in today’s money. And if I remember correctly ceramic chips cost more.

Wow. I bought 1000 ASMs with inlays when they only offered three edge spots of one color. Paid a $1 a chip and some people thought I was nuts. With inflation (from 2002) that only makes that $1336 in today’s money.
It's not that far off, one color 312's run $1.60 nowadays.

Wow. I bought 1000 ASMs with inlays when they only offered three edge spots of one color. Paid a $1 a chip and some people thought I was nuts. With inflation (from 2002) that only makes that $1336 in today’s money. And if I remember correctly ceramic chips cost more.

I bought my first nice set in 02 or 03...can't remember which. It was a nice set of ceramics priced at $1 a chip. My friends all thought I was crazy too, and they turned out to be right. Some of the sets I passed on to get those ceramics makes me sick!

I bought my first nice set in 02 or 03...can't remember which. It was a nice set of ceramics priced at $1 a chip. My friends all thought I was crazy too, and they turned out to be right. Some of the sets I passed on to get those ceramics makes me sick!
If I remember correctly, Chipco was the only place to get ceramics... I think...which like now, with clay chips, may be part of the price point. That said, I was unaware of anyone making clay chips other than ASM back then. It’s only since I joined this forum that I realized I may have had other options.

The cost of CPC chips seemed to be double inflation.

Last edited:
More to it than just inflation. The company was sold, equipment relocated across the country, resold, assets moved back across the country, now color formulas created, and pricing adjusted to reflect actual labor costs. It all adds up.

My 1000 chip tournament set with mostly level 1 & 2 spots, no day glow base colors came in at just under $1.80 per chip on average (with shipping). I paid by check so I didn’t have PayPal fees either.

Here is the actual invoice. There was a price increase this month so it will be more now.

View attachment 153829

I am very pleased with the set. If you like the lower level spots they are a great value compared to the cost of the higher level spots.

View attachment 153831

Slightly off-topic question : How long did it take from paid invoice till you received the chips?

Slightly off-topic question : How long did it take from paid invoice till you received the chips?

A little over 3 months. If you want chips fast the A mold is the way to go. It is always in production.

All of the other molds get rotated around so the lead time could be much longer waiting for a particular molds turn.

A little over 3 months. If you want chips fast the A mold is the way to go. It is always in production.

All of the other molds get rotated around so the lead time could be much longer waiting for a particular molds turn.
Awesome. Thanks for the info. Yup, my custom design is on the A mold, so I guess I lucked out on that!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom