CPC costs? (1 Viewer)

Rob1466

High Hand
Reaction score
On average, how much do you pay for your CPC customs, I guess it depends on the amount ordered?
It would be a lot more for me living in the UK with shipping & damn import duty.
So if you don't mind can you tell me what some of you have paid? That's everything with shipping etc?
Many thanks;

well, honestly, it depends. On average, with everything included, you are running over $2 per chip.
it depends on:
mold
spot patterns
shaped inlays
DG base colors
Bright White

And this is before you add in shipping. I believe all prices are stated on the website (which I cannot get to at the office.)

--edit --
Looked at my invoice. total including domestic shipping, PP fees and all averaged $2.50 per chip.
Mark

upload_2018-2-12_10-10-46.png

Last edited:
I hear that shipping outside of the US is vastly different, but my last order of 600 chips came out to $1.98/chip US. That includes shipping, taxes, etc.

600pc solid hot-stamped set: $1.26/chip
2150pc spotted inlaid set: $1.96/chip (minus the NCV samples, it goes to $1.86/chip for 2020 pcs.)
960pc q-pie set (820pc plus samples and extras): $2.32/chip
1388pc cash set (1220pc plus samples and extras): $2.25/chip

I think I need a better job, ha ha!!
Nice custom sets can be had for relatively low scratch. A 600pc $.25/$.50 single-table set using nothing but 214/314/414 spots on the A or HHR mold scan be had for relatively little money and can still look quite good, but your point is well taken - custom chippin' ain't for the light of wallet.

On average, how much do you pay for your CPC customs, I guess it depends on the amount ordered?

Many thanks;

The mold, the spots, and whether you want them to have inlays or hotstamps are the determining factors.

I'm ordering a lot of 600-650 from CPC next month on their A-Mold and am paying an average of 2.31 a chip given they have inlays and are a mix of L2, L3, and L7 chips.

Their pricing (including the 3¢ hike for Feb) for A-Mold at several levels:
---------------
L1 - $1.60
L2 - $1.79
L3 - $1.99
L4 - $2.21
L5 - $2.49
L6 - $2.74
L7 - $2.99
L9 - $3.49
L11 - $3.99

My 1000 chip tournament set with mostly level 1 & 2 spots, no day glow base colors came in at just under $1.80 per chip on average (with shipping). I paid by check so I didn’t have PayPal fees either.

Here is the actual invoice. There was a price increase this month so it will be more now.

097818CA-A318-46A0-89E0-51CA239645E7.jpeg

I am very pleased with the set. If you like the lower level spots they are a great value compared to the cost of the higher level spots.

52CDAF6B-B2CC-4465-8C4A-77C7C6312EAB.jpeg

The mold, the spots, and whether you want them to have inlays or hotstamps are the determining factors.

I'm ordering a lot of 600-650 from CPC next month on their A-Mold and am paying an average of 2.31 a chip given they have inlays and are a mix of L2, L3, and L7 chips.

Their pricing (including the 3¢ hike for Feb) for A-Mold at several levels:
---------------
L1 - $1.60
L2 - $1.79
L3 - $1.99
L4 - $2.21
L5 - $2.49
L6 - $2.74
L7 - $2.99
L9 - $3.49
L11 - $3.99

So what's your total bill for everything?

My 1000 chip tournament set with mostly level 1 & 2 spots, no day glow base colors came in at just under $1.80 per chip on average (with shipping). I paid by check so I didn’t have PayPal fees either.

Here is the actual invoice. There was a price increase this month so it will be more now.

View attachment 153829

I am very pleased with the set. If you like the lower level spots they are a great value compared to the cost of the higher level spots.

View attachment 153831

That's £1.280.50 without the import duty of prolly 25%
But I haven't gone off the idea yet!! :)

So what's your total bill for everything?

All I have is what I've worked up on my spreadsheet. If I end up getting 625 in the lot the cost will be $1360.75 US.

I can't speak as to shipping and any other unknown fees as of yet given this is my first CPC order. Someone whose gone all the way through the process can tell you if there are other/additional costs.

View attachment 153829

View attachment 153831

I forgot to say, yes those are nice looking chips ;)

That's absolutely stellar advice. Your invoice shows 2.5% for this so... $25 per $1000 of chips savings right there. I think I'll also pay by check. Thanks! :D

Last edited:
That's £1.280.50 without the import duty of prolly 25%
But I haven't gone off the idea yet!! :)

David Spragg is one of the owners of CPC. He's based in the UK. I THINK this could help you to save import duty. Talk to him.

That's absolutely stellar advice. Your invoice shows 2.5% for this so... $25 per $1000 of chips savings right there. I think I'll also pay by check. Thanks! :D

That line is $0. The cost on my invoice is what I paid, I didn’t get a 2.5% discount. If you want to pay by credit card/PayPal there is a 2.5% fee above the cost of everything else.

They must love you guys @ CPC
Yes and no. Keep in mind that these are made with quite a bit of manual labor. The cost of the chips is high not for high profit margin, but because the cost of manufacturing is high. Now David isn’t running a charity, but my guess is he’s not clearing a huge amount after expenses are taken out.

A fine git! Just gotta set priorities. If you’re looking to hold value then customs aren’t the way to go - better to get a nice set of Paulsons in that case as those seem to hold their value pretty well.

Yeah I've had that tele less than a year, super Fender sound as you would prolly know?
I've got 500 NPS & I think Apache wants a staggering $1400 for 500 of them but my set has better denoms.
In MHO anyways.

As people have already pointed out, per-chip cost is a highly variable number, depending on what design options you pick.
This being said, have another bunch of sample numbers (all US$) for my own set:

chips.png

I should add I didn't exactly go for the cheapest possible options: Some fancy expensive spot patterns on the higher denominations, also shaped inlays (crazy premium!).

Shipping came down to ~$150 per 800ish chips for me; first shipped from the US to the UK where the import is done (cheaper, about 2.5%) and then reshipped from the UK to me. Depending on your location in the UK, you might even be able to save the reshipping cost if you can drive over to David? I'm not sure if he does that though.

For the period where I was still working on my chip design, I wrote a small Ruby script that would automatically calculate per-chip costs and total cost for my envisioned order given the design configuration and amounts of the chips, so I could quickly see the impact various choices would have on the total cost. I believe in the resources section here, someone uploaded an Excel chart that will do something similar, but I'm not sure.

As people have already pointed out, per-chip cost is a highly variable number, depending on what design options you pick.
This being said, have another bunch of sample numbers (all US$) for my own set:

View attachment 153865

I should add I didn't exactly go for the cheapest possible options: Some fancy expensive spot patterns on the higher denominations, also shaped inlays (crazy premium!).

Shipping came down to ~$150 per 800ish chips for me; first shipped from the US to the UK where the import is done (cheaper, about 2.5%) and then reshipped from the UK to me. Depending on your location in the UK, you might even be able to save the reshipping cost if you can drive over to David? I'm not sure if he does that though.

For the period where I was still working on my chip design, I wrote a small Ruby script that would automatically calculate per-chip costs and total cost for my envisioned order given the design configuration and amounts of the chips, so I could quickly see the impact various choices would have on the total cost. I believe in the resources section here, someone uploaded an Excel chart that will do something similar, but I'm not sure.

Thank you for your time & advice I really appreciate it, & like I said I haven't given up on the idea of customs yet
it's finding the money.
However I haven't finished my inlay design yet anyways & if I was paying that kind of scratch they would have
to be perfect, almost as perfect as a tattoo ;)

I've spent more than half of a year on refining my initial design, so did pretty much everyone else here, so no worries.
The money will accumulate over time if you really want those chips :D

I've spent more than half of a year on refining my initial design, so did pretty much everyone else here, so no worries.
The money will accumulate over time if you really want those chips :D

When you put it that way, it's don't sound so expensive.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom