Chipping News, Views, and Gossip (1 Viewer)

@upNdown - What do you say
I’m the last guy to know anything, so it would be pure guesswork on my part. I haven’t felt a disturbance in the force though - the recent activity we’ve seen feels more related to those tigers than anything else.
But I’d definitely agree with the above statement - there will always be another new NAGB in the works.

Hmmm looks like someone is prolly right. But usually when the big players start living chips something is coming down the pipeline. Be ready folks I’m calling it.
Maybe you guys haven’t heard. :unsure:
EA909C2B-F42F-4B4F-9954-8D3D1948BB03.jpeg
7564B016-CC88-4A0F-8C42-8DDA2B97C70D.jpeg
1B264411-476E-4E41-AA96-6D9A7E68A059.jpeg
1DBAA7AB-6674-4B14-838D-DBE8E988449E.jpeg

Oh I’ve heard I know there’s a banking clusterfuck going on right now. Still though in the past when peoples “grail” sets came up their aunts cousins boyfriends dog needs surgery so they have to sell. Then those same people will get the NAGB chips. Just my observations though.
There’s a huge inflation and “Real Jobs”( ie the kind people can live a decent lifestyle on ) problem going on now as well.
Sometimes saying “my dog got hit by a car and needs surgery” is easier to say than “I’m Broke” and I need some cash.

Maybe some are selling their “grail” sets for NAGBs but what I can tell you is this,
There will always be another NAGB coming, if one is foolish enough to let go of something that there is NO MORE of, that’s their decision.

If you haven’t noticed and many don’t or are just incapable of seeing things, NAGBs, (to me anyways) seem to be becoming a “Grift” of sorts and there’s a sucker born every minute. ;)

“Leaded Grail Goodness” will still be around when every “new shiny object” starts to loose its luster.

There’s a huge inflation and “Real Jobs”( ie the kind people can live a decent lifestyle on ) problem going on now as well.
Sometimes saying “my dog got hit by a car and needs surgery” is easier to say than “I’m Broke” and I need some cash.

Maybe some are selling their “grail” sets for NAGBs but what I can tell you is this,
There will always be another NAGB coming, if one is foolish enough to let go of something that there is NO MORE of, that’s their decision.

If you haven’t noticed and many don’t or are just incapable of seeing things, NAGBs, (to me anyways) seem to be becoming a “Grift” of sorts and there’s a sucker born every minute. ;)

“Leaded Grail Goodness” will still be around when every “new shiny object” starts to loose its luster.
Yeah I know that the job market and economy are shit right now. I graduate in May with a degree in Finance so I’m pretty in tune with the market and economy.

I do agree with you that NAGB’s have become quite a profitable grift. I like them though because I don’t buy any of the chips.l except maybe for a custom set or something, but even then it’s just to expensive and they don’t do it for me to be honest. But when they do happen people start selling and selling and the market shifts for a short period to favor buyers and some find good chips for good prices.

Like you said though the leaded historic sets are not ever going to be made again. For $450 I can get a Tiger sample set or I could get Dunes Bacc sample with the $25k and have $50. For me I’m getting the dunes every time.

Yeah I know that the job market and economy are shit right now. I graduate in May with a degree in Finance so I’m pretty in tune with the market and economy.

I do agree with you that NAGB’s have become quite a profitable grift. I like them though because I don’t buy any of the chips.l except maybe for a custom set or something, but even then it’s just to expensive and they don’t do it for me to be honest. But when they do happen people start selling and selling and the market shifts for a short period to favor buyers and some find good chips for good prices.

Like you said though the leaded historic sets are not ever going to be made again. For $450 I can get a Tiger sample set or I could get Dunes Bacc sample with the $25k and have $50. For me I’m getting the dunes every time.
There’s a method to the madness, your just not supposed to talk about it. ;) Collect what speaks to your soul and you’ll not be blinded by shiny objects.

Instant gratification is temporary, an adventurous journey can be forever.

I did not buy one Tiger, rather some other great stuff that breaks free because of money neede for tigers. Plus Jim at TheChiproom has sales people are saving $$ for too. Just a lot of good chips available right now.
Just for the record, I’m not bashing “Tigers.”
Lots of hard work and dedication put into them. All I’m saying is that next it could be Lyon’s, Bears or Mint Chocolate Chip for that matter. :unsure:
It will be something for sure. ;)

Just for the record, I’m not bashing “Tigers.”
Lots of hard work and dedication put into them. All I’m saying is that next it could be Lyon’s, Bears or Mint Chocolate Chip for that matter. :unsure:
It will be something for sure. ;)
No no, no need to fondle tiger balls. They’ve gotten their due and then some.
And for the record, I’m having a hard time recalling a NAGB that hasn’t been widely praised as the best ever.
They’re fine.

With respect to the SOLD Hyatt Lake Tahoe Day Blue rack, MY BAD! They are in fact LCV (I blame my glasses). The buyer is still taking them. I apologize for the confusion.

@Marius L
@Okku
@davislane (thanks for the tag)
FWIW the discussion of scv/lcv on those chips wouldnt have affected pricing or the purchaser from buying them. it was just a case of us nerds being nerds.

FWIW the discussion of scv/lcv on those chips wouldnt have affected pricing or the purchaser from buying them. it was just a case of us nerds being nerds.
I figured as such, but truth in advertising is important to me and I wanted to be sure it was OK. So I asked. Thanks

Just noticed these two racks sold a week ago on eBay. Who's building a set with the blue sands $1? Would love some pron!
Screenshot_20230911_072251_eBay.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom