Chipping News, Views, and Gossip (1 Viewer)

Someone who wanted a solid deal. The pics were kind of weird though with like an outline on the inserts, especially on the Indian Blue 418s.

Last edited:
I got one of them. I figured $50 bucks for a rack was worth a gamble. Seems like it could be a good relabel candidate.
Will only be able to overlabel. I picked up some, will see if they're slippery AF. Way better colors than the primaries though.

1670631167887.jpeg

Wow
Would love to have got some of the $1/$5 cancelled Crystal park

Will only be able to overlabel. I picked up some, will see if they're slippery AF. Way better colors than the primaries though.

View attachment 1037569
They are all starburst canceled
Best way is just clean off the cancellation stamp and use them
Overlabel IDK
With the starburst stamp sticking up on a RHC chip I don’t see that working well

I am just now getting some time to go through these. A couple of weeks ago I was packing up some chips for a trade and happened to look at my phone at the exact time these were listed. I saw a rack of blue’s and did the buy it now option. The seller proceeded to send me a congratulatory message and stated that he had more listings coming on in about 2 minutes. This went on for about 30 minutes with hundreds of page refreshes in-between. I thought these would be a good relabel project, but looks like removing the cancellation market is the only option. I peeled one of the full face inlays off just to see and the hat/cane is not very pronounced.

CP's full.jpg

My one rack finally got here...

I think I got one of the first racks but wasn't fast enough on the others. Bought to relabel but then realized I couldn't so was a little bummed out, but they're nicer than I was expecting. Nice score

I think this seller may have oversold his inventory. I am still missing two racks, but also not complaining!

HUGE sets being sold left and right for large amounts of money somethings up....

There is a bit more movement in the classifieds - which is nice. I think the overhang that the TP created is slowly clearing. From what I can see there are very few old school sets selling publicly though.

And if there is another NAGB in the works great!

There is a bit more movement in the classifieds - which is nice. I think the overhang that the TP created is slowly clearing. From what I can see there are very few old school sets selling publicly though.

I wish I had the money for those old sets though.... I WISH!

There is always a NAGB in the works. Whether or not it is successful is dependent on who is running it and what their connections are.

But I think it's Tiger hangover too. Lots of people that usually wouldn't drop that amount of money on a set all at once (myself included) are trying to recoup costs and/or are being sensible and can't justify keeping what they're selling.

HUGE sets being sold left and right for large amounts of money somethings up....
Fake news! Just have to read the classifieds listings, the sets are selling because it's the fair thing to do.

"I've had this set for 13 years and they've only been felted once. Just doesn't feel right for chips not to see felt time, so I'm doing the righteous thing and selling. $20,000 no splits.

Please ignore the other 20 sets I have that haven't been felted, same logic doesn't apply to those
."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom