Cheating allegations at Stones (6 Viewers)

Given how poker players have done on Survivor, I'm convinced what we think should be an overlap in traits isn't actually there.

The type of social interaction and reading done in poker just isn't the same as what is needed on Survivor. Also, they have consistently picked the most cocky poker players to be on the show. And cocky rarely works on survivor for anyone not named Rob Mariano (and it failed him before he finally won) or Tony Vlachos.

Its funny you mention this, I just watched Marles and Jamie Kerstetter on the rake 005 talk about all 4 poker players that appeared on survivor and everyone of them sucked and didn't even get past 15 players. I do watch Garrett and the guy is good. He also is not a god and loses.
JRB got 8th and made the jury in China.

Given how poker players have done on Survivor, I'm convinced what we think should be an overlap in traits isn't actually there.

The type of social interaction and reading done in poker just isn't the same as what is needed on Survivor. Also, they have consistently picked the most cocky poker players to be on the show. And cocky rarely works on survivor for anyone not named Rob Mariano (and it failed him before he finally won) or Tony Vlachos.
I'll never forget Tony spying in the bush! Epic episode for survivor IMO

JRB got 8th and made the jury in China.

JRB got 8th because everyone hated him so much that he just kept getting dragged along because he wasn't even worth voting out. As soon as he tried making moves, they got rid of him. He was pretty terrible.

JRB is also terrible at poker IMO. He's a classic example of a broke "pro" playing off of reputation and other people's money. I wouldn't even back him for a $20 SNG.

I'll never forget Tony spying in the bush! Epic episode for survivor IMO

Tony was fun to watch for sure. But he won his season because production fucked up by making a "super idol" that he ended up finding. Was almost impossible to vote him out because of it. They've never brought back the super idol since, and I don't think they ever will. He has the luckiest win ever IMO. By far the most overrated player. But great fun to watch.

Tony was fun to watch for sure. But he won his season because production fucked up by making a "super idol" that he ended up finding. Was almost impossible to vote him out because of it. They've never brought back the super idol since, and I don't think they ever will. He has the luckiest win ever IMO. By far the most overrated player. But great fun to watch.
Is that luckier than pick a number?

Is that luckier than pick a number?

I don't buy that one though. I've heard him interviewed on several podcasts and I think he was voting for Hatch regardless. But either way, Hatch earned his win. He played brilliantly, especially considering it was season 1.

Fun is ultimately the thing I care about most when watching Survivor.

JRB got 8th because everyone hated him so much that he just kept getting dragged along because he wasn't even worth voting out. As soon as he tried making moves, they got rid of him. He was pretty terrible.

JRB is also terrible at poker IMO. He's a classic example of a broke "pro" playing off of reputation and other people's money. I wouldn't even back him for a $20 SNG.
All of this is true. But he still made it farther than any other poker player.

This "strategy" was ultimately perfected by Special Agent Shepard though.

All of this is true. But he still made it farther than any other poker player.

This "strategy" was ultimately perfected by Special Agent Shepard though.

:ROFL: :ROFLMAO: true true. If it turns out that Adelstein is in fact cheating (which is purely speculation at this point) then I don't know if they've ever really had a solid poker player on the cast. Maybe Bardah is solid, I don't know. But it's so difficult to tell who is actually a strong player just by looking at tournament results. There's just way too much luck involved in tourneys to learn anything from someone having a few good cashes. So many players with $1M+ in cashes are actually below water after accounting for all their buy-ins. There are a few exceptions obviously, but in general, I assume someone isn't good at poker if they're only grinding tournaments and not beating cash games on a consistent basis.

Vanessa Rousseau played a good game of big brother, as did some Canadian poker pro, Kevin something or other, but I'm not really into that show. Survivor is far more entertaining to me. Jackie Glazier played on Australian Survivor, she did alright. Better than most poker players at least. But she's not really a good poker player either, so who knows.

Pouring oil onto fire ...

" Justin made every decision. He had sole control of Stones Live Poker. He had an IT director of Stones that he pushed out of the entire operation because the guy was asking questions, and wanted things done properly and wanted to oversee some of the IT portions of it."

"Justin had to modify how they were cheating based on complaints."

https://www.cardplayer.com/poker-ne...ens-up-about-mike-postle-cheating-allegations

My Halloween costume is almost done!! :p:ROFL: :ROFLMAO::):D:LOL: :laugh:

1572464755375.png

This about sums up the issues I have at my school with my students. Kid intentionally does something bad. Kid pretends to feel sorry because they are facing punishment. Parent freaks out that a person would ever do anything to upset their precious little baby. Kid's punishment is reversed. I hope the ban stands. Most likely one of the best lessons this kid will every learn. Not to mention, just go play another friggin' video game ffs.

I've seen my son watching some of that kid's Minecraft videos, and he's super annoying. Screw that kid.

Can you imagine if you were one of his high school buddies?

10 years later...

”Hey man, remember when you filmed yourself crying over a video game and posted it on the internet? Yeah, we remember too.” :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Poor kid will probably never hear the end of it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom