Cheating allegations at Stones (9 Viewers)

Every woman I've ever dated has given me a crotch trophy.
Screenshot_20191018-175918.jpg

every couple of months I get my jolly’s by calling my corporate help desk and asking in a worried voice if they audit our google search suggestions. It really weirds them out.
I'm guessing the first time wasn't in jest? :sneaky:

Not seen anything from Negreanu on this subject until the tweet below. And I could be wrong maybe he did chime in at some point but I have not seen it.
Screenshot_2019-10-20-14-53-27.png

Only says something when it directly effects him. Kinda weird. You would think he would embrace tighter security due to the latest circumstances. Seems smug to me.

Waiting for Polk to respond with less security in steam games is good for poker.

Not seen anything from Negreanu on this subject until the tweet below. And I could be wrong maybe he did chime in at some point but I have not seen it.
View attachment 355512

Only says something when it directly effects him. Kinda weird. You would think he would embrace tighter security due to the latest circumstances. Seems smug to me.

Waiting for Polk to respond with less security in steam games is good for poker.

He did talk about this on his podcast. They had Veronica there as well, so he definitely has commented on this before. Check out the podcast, datpokerpod or something I think it's called.

He did talk about this on his podcast. They had Veronica there as well, so he definitely has commented on this before. Check out the podcast, datpokerpod or something I think it's called.
Cool. What are the cliff notes of his point of view? I did not see it but will check it out.

Well.. he's pretty pissed off like everyone else in the community about Postle cheating, lol. Did you mean his views on game security specifically or the Mike Postle case in general? The podcast I heard was more on the case in general with them just discussing everthing around it. Not sure how he stands on game security specifically, with electronics band and such.

Well.. he's pretty pissed off like everyone else in the community about Postle cheating, lol. Did you mean his views on game security specifically or the Mike Postle case in general? The podcast I heard was more on the case in general with them just discussing everthing around it. Not sure how he stands on game security specifically, with electronics band and such.
Yeah his tweet left me the impression that he is sour that he cant have his phone etc at the table. Seems silly to me that he is pissed about that when they are trying to make the game more secure for his benefit and the benefit for all players on the stream going forward.

Yeah his tweet left me the impression that he is sour that he cant have his phone etc at the table. Seems silly to me that he is pissed about that when they are trying to make the game more secure for his benefit and the benefit for all players on the stream going forward.
Probably because of his needing a phone for his vlogs.

Last edited:
View attachment 355512

Saw this coming...
If it is determined he somehow was getting access to the live RFID signal I would expect this to potentially have major consequences for live televised poker with cards. Who will want to play at a table with a card reader if there is any chance someone could be getting this info?

Honestly most people seem to use their phone while at the table and I see why people think it's annoying that it is no longer allowed. No phone use while in hands make sense to me, but I see the frustration of no electronics at all at the table. How can we get our beloved chip pron then???

Of course !

Negreanu was one of my favorite players, I love to see him play and when he started to blog and made all those videos about his life, fitness, vegan and stuff I realized that it's a selfish and I lost all interest on the guy

Isn't that literally the definition of a vlog? It's about what their life looks like. I understand losing interest with the content not aligning with your taste, but it doesn't make the vlog a selfish endeavor. People vlog for a few reasons but I think Daniel likely does it because it's fun to him and partially to stay relevant. I think most people's actions are driven by some amount of selfishness, otherwise, why would we play poker?

I hear what you're saying though. The vlog isn't for everyone.

Isn't that literally the definition of a vlog? It's about what their life looks like.
Nope, is not the definition of a vlog but it's a type of vlog called "Personal Vlogs" very popular since of the raise of reality tv shows.
Fortunately not all the vlogs are personal vlogs..

But I get it, you must defend a fellow Canadian :)

My money is on "Always Gets There" Garrett Adelstein.

I would not be at all surprised if that dude is connected to the production booth.

I hope so much that this isn't true, I think Garrett is one of the true "final bosses" when it comes to cash games. He's also personable and not robotic, which is a rare thing these days for crushers.

I hope so much that this isn't true, I think Garrett is one of the true "final bosses" when it comes to cash games. He's also personable and not robotic, which is a rare thing these days for crushers.

I hope he's not cheating either, but the chatter is definitely gaining steam. Along with one big question... if he's so boss, why isn't he playing other/bigger games?

He can only own opponents on LATB? That's a little, uhm, weird.

https://www.cardplayer.com/poker-ne...in-makes-insane-fold-in-high-stakes-cash-game

Yeah, I saw that fold which is stupid bonkers. But he's played on Poker After Dark streams too with some big time pros as well, so he's not cherry picking just LATB like Postle has.

Yeah, I saw that fold which is stupid bonkers. But he's played on Poker After Dark streams too with some big time pros as well, so he's not cherry picking just LATB like Postle has.

Fair point.

Time will tell... it sounds like the Twitter sleuths are hitting the LATB streams hard.

Fair point.

Time will tell... it sounds like the Twitter sleuths are hitting the LATB streams hard.
I watch Garrett weekly, to be honest I'd be really surprised. I've seen him lose massive pots. But who knows really, anymore... He definitely don't use crotch theory optimal. I can attest to that.

I watch Garrett weekly, to be honest I'd be really surprised. I've seen him lose massive pots. But who knows really, anymore... He definitely don't use crotch theory optimal. I can attest to that.
If he is, he's doing a great job of hiding it. Garrett loses a fair bit too. And gets it in bad.

My money is on "Always Gets There" Garrett Adelstein.

I would not be at all surprised if that dude is connected to the production booth.

My first thought as well. I don't watch him play, so take this with a grain of salt, but I am familiar with people saying he's one of the best cash players in the world. However, I'm a HUGE Survivor fan (it's probably the only strategy game I love more than poker), and when I watched Garrett on Survivor, I was absolutely blown away at his inability to read the other players and his complete lack of self-awareness. He is one of the worst players to have ever played on Survivor, without question. That doesn't mean he's necessarily bad at poker, but it certainly makes me suspicious. Survival skills obviously have nothing to do with poker, but the game of Survivor isn't really about that either, it's all about social skills, self-awareness, and the ability to read other people. Adelstein exhibited an absolute void of those skills. Skills which are also important on the felt.

My first thought as well. I don't watch him play, so take this with a grain of salt, but I am familiar with people saying he's one of the best cash players in the world. However, I'm a HUGE Survivor fan (it's probably the only strategy game I love more than poker), and when I watched Garrett on Survivor, I was absolutely blown away at his inability to read the other players and his complete lack of self-awareness. He is one of the worst players to have ever played on Survivor, without question. That doesn't mean he's necessarily bad at poker, but it certainly makes me suspicious. Survival skills obviously have nothing to do with poker, but the game of Survivor isn't really about that either, it's all about social skills, self-awareness, and the ability to read other people. Adelstein exhibited an absolute void of those skills. Skills which are also important on the felt.

I didn't watch the Survivor season with Adelstein, so I can't comment on that. But your statements about skills required for Survivor are spot on.

My favorite bonehead move of Survivior is this thinking of a player..."I'm an expert at X, so I am going to let everyone know and boss everyone around. They will appreciate my leadership". Uh, no they won't.

Its funny you mention this, I just watched Marles and Jamie Kerstetter on the rake 005 talk about all 4 poker players that appeared on survivor and everyone of them sucked and didn't even get past 15 players. I do watch Garrett and the guy is good. He also is not a god and loses.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom