Caution adviced when dealing with this member (3 Viewers)

feedback as it stands is flawed for reasons mentioned here - no one wants to leave negative feedback and there’s no middle ground.
Neutral feedback is available. And I personally think the "feedback retaliation" issue is overblown. I've seen some users with 1 negative feedback and I read it. Sometimes its obviously retaliatory and easily ignored. Sometimes the other party was a new member and sometimes it's legitimate. In any case it's easy to read the feedback of both users, see the deal thread, and get a feel for what's going on. Just my 2c, and I know you're just trying to help. Aside from my first sentence this isn't really directed at you.

I am not looking to dox the guy but curious what his real name is. It is a small world, especially when it comes to chips. I would like to know his personal name so I know who to avoid.

I have been scammed dealing with individuals outside of PCF.
I don't usually agree with it but this guy is a scumbag and deserves everything we fire at him.

Feel free to pm me his email/mobile so that I can send him a friendly messages. I'd really like to re-engage in a war of words with him. He previously told me I was unfair and disrespectful to call him a clown.

I was also told by others to take my comments to PMs and to keep things respectful. We need to be much more careful moving forward, sweeping problems under the rug helps nobody except for the people causing these sort of problems.

I propose that we have a shitlist thread, which gets updated with names and infractions. It's time we make these things public, so that people can be informed and protected.

Last edited:
Neutral feedback is available. And I personally think the "feedback retaliation" issue is overblown. I've seen some users with 1 negative feedback and I read it. Sometimes its obviously retaliatory and easily ignored. Sometimes the other party was a new member and sometimes it's legitimate. In any case it's easy to read the feedback of both users, see the deal thread, and get a feel for what's going on. Just my 2c, and I know you're just trying to help. Aside from my first sentence this isn't really directed at you.

Yea, i shouldn't have said "no middle ground" - there is. yet I feel very uneasy about leaving even neutral feedback for something like a person shipping a week late or the packaging being not so great. nothing will be perfect but as it works now, anything other than a positive rating is pretty harsh, especially if the person is polite. giving a 4 or 3 star review for shipping or packaging gives a couple of middle ground options so you don't feel like you're overpenalizing someone for something minor. This is exacerbated by the fact that forums like this are more personal than most digital marketplaces and we all feel the need to inflate scores out of general politeness - on eBay I’d be much more inclined to give a neutral rating all else equal.

wrt disputes, i too look at the feedback disputes when they show up but it's not always so clear cut who if any was in the wrong and having a mediation process would be really easy - just create a sub forum accessible only by mods and the two participating parties. you could even require some kind of a mediation fee to make sure people aren't causing a stink just because. the person whose deemed to be in the wrong owes the fee.

i'm not ragging on the forum because it's pretty well designed but like anything there're potential improvements.

Last edited:
Generally speaking, I think people with such behavior appreciate the process just as much as the $. They will get excitement and control at the same time.

I propose that we have a shitlist thread, which gets updated with names and infractions.
1625807416950.jpeg

I think we should have anonymous ratings for each person, like a social score. Then watch season 5 of PCF really pop off.
Nahhhhh, it’s way more efficient for multiple people to get quietly ripped off by faceless overseas people and then whine about it without naming them in multiple threads until we reach a critical tipping point where someone dings PCF members for $25K+ and then some people run auctions to try and raise money for the people that got concurrently and anonymously ripped off.

“CO-MUNE-AH-TEE.....”. Say it with me you pancake eating motherf*ckers.

Nahhhhh, it’s way more efficient for multiple people to get quietly ripped off by faceless overseas people and then whine about it without naming them in multiple threads until we reach a critical tipping point where someone dings PCF members for $25K+ and then some people run auctions to try and raise money for the people that got concurrently and anonymously ripped off.

giphy (11).gif

If it makes you feel any better, here's the list of those affected and their respective losses to Poppin. No effort was made to keep them anonymous, in case anybody thought that was the case,

Member 1 - $612.44
Member 2 - $395.00
Member 3 - $1,239.51
Member 4 - $1,440.00
Member 5
- $2,190.00
Member 6 - $4,905.00
Member 7 - $1,428.00
Member 8 - $830.00
Member 9 - $65.00
Member 10 - $365.00
Member 11 - $535.00
Member 12 - $400.00
Member 13 - $280.00
Member 14 - $100.00
Member 15 - $70.00
Member 16 - $1,078.00
Member 17 - $2,291.00
Member 18 - $1,152.50
Member 19 - $525.00
Member 20 - $225.00
Member 21 - $1,188.00
Member 22 - $50.00

Hope that helps provide some clarity.

MOD EDIT: Removed member names due to privacy concerns

Last edited by a moderator:
If it makes you feel any better, here's the list of those affected and their respective losses to Poppin. No effort was made to keep them anonymous, in case anybody thought that was the case,

Member 1 - $612.44
Member 2 - $395.00
Member 3 - $1,239.51
Member 4 - $1,440.00
Member 5
- $2,190.00
Member 6 - $4,905.00
Member 7 - $1,428.00
Member 8 - $830.00
Member 9 - $65.00
Member 10 - $365.00
Member 11 - $535.00
Member 12 - $400.00
Member 13 - $280.00
Member 14 - $100.00
Member 15 - $70.00
Member 16 - $1,078.00
Member 17 - $2,291.00
Member 18 - $1,152.50
Member 19 - $525.00
Member 20 - $225.00
Member 21 - $1,188.00
Member 22 - $50.00

Hope that helps provide some clarity.
So @LeGold is the "winner"? :(

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom