Caution adviced when dealing with this member (14 Viewers)

Don’t read this wrong, not ranting just thinking out loud a little.

So after adding more rules and regulations, third party intermediaries, standardized forms, nuclear penalties for infractions, and grief counseling, and then someone still sends money to Nigeria because “it’s a good deal”, what are you going to do next?

Why don’t you just use eBay? It has all the functionality and liability protection built in and you can pay all the fees you want there.

I don’t think it’s that bad in the classifieds. A few bad apples that teach us to be on our toes in business deals shouldn’t require a total revamp of everything with layer after layer of whatever crazy rules or committees that are spawned.

This is my belief. You will never be able to completely ensure against people behaving badly. All things considered I think things function rather effectively here. I have had much worse experiences on eBay or Craigslist. Don’t change anything systemically and just keep the conversation going when people do behave badly or suspiciously. Maybe just lean into the feedback system a bit more.

This is my belief. You will never be able to completely ensure against people behaving badly. All things considered I think things function rather effectively here. I have had much worse experiences on eBay or Craigslist. Don’t change anything systemically and just keep the conversation going when people do behave badly or suspiciously. Maybe just lean into the feedback system a bit more.

eBay sucks and so does their support. I used to sell overstock on eBay until one day where I canceled three consecutive transactions because there was a discrepancy with my inventory. Their internal algorithm ended up banning my selling privileges because they said it dropped my seller level to "Below Standard" just via those three canceled transactions. Example of my situation aside, if you ever have any issues on eBay that are account or transactional related, get ready to speak to robotic human beings that don't give a rats ass about what you have to say. They're going to read off a script and tell you to have a wonderful day at the end of that conversation. I loathe that place and always wish for some gigantic corporation either swallow them whole or create the competition that would cripple them.

eBay sucks and so does their support. I used to sell overstock on eBay until one day where I canceled three consecutive transactions because there was a discrepancy with my inventory. Their internal algorithm ended up banning my selling privileges because they said it dropped my seller level to "Below Standard" just via those three canceled transactions. Example of my situation aside, if you ever have any issues on eBay that are account or transactional related, get ready to speak to robotic human beings that don't give a rats ass about what you have to say. They're going to read off a script and tell you to have a wonderful day at the end of that conversation. I loathe that place and always wish for some gigantic corporation either swallow them whole or create the competition that would cripple them.
eBay will give me my money back when I’ve been ripped off. I’m not repping for eBay, I’m just saying that you want all the perks of that organization without any of the liability.

Setting up a third party to be an arbitrator of things like “he said Mint, but I think these were Used so I want my money back” just sounds like a shit ton more of these threads being generated.

I discussed the (free of charge) escrow possibility with @Tommy some time ago...as an idea to up security on PCF.
After that I also mentioned it to a non chipping friend who is a lawyer in contract law.
When I mentioned the amounts that go around here...he told me to not walk but run away from that idea.

But for friends & members I know...I will still offer this option in case of EU sales with unknown members (free of charge obv.)
I have a contact with PostNL planned for tomorrow morning...I hope i'm able to find out if the packages from Holland are shipped and stuck or not.

I think these scams and ripoffs are somewhat rare.

Seems like the scheming in this instance took place under the cover of PM. Perhaps part of the terms of usage should include verbiage about sales can only take place openly in classified - no PM sales. Similar to auctions. Everything has to be out in the open. Once a sales thread is closed the buyer(s) is listed.

I think this could have at least prevented the part of the alleged scheme of selling the same chips to multiple people.

I'm sure some people would hate this. But it may help deter some of this nonsense.

Setting up a third party to be an arbitrator of things like “he said Mint, but I think these were Used so I want my money back” just sounds like a shit ton more of these threads being generated.

Yup, I can see stuff like that happening as well.

I've been filming myself dropping off packages at the post office, mainly to protect myself. No one has asked for that level of proof, yet.
I do this sometimes too, take a pic of the package at the post office counter (I resell vintage stereos sometimes too) I’m a bit more critical on general eBay sales than I am here, because on eBay it’s really easy for a buyer to scam a seller.

Why isn’t there a single thread or forum where people can reflect on interactions with various members? I can just search there and determine if anyone is trustworthy or not.

People need to get over the “it’s time to be nice” thing. When they get ripped off, “it’s time to not be nice” and call people out for the better of the community.

Why isn’t there a single thread or forum where people can reflect on interactions with various members? I can just search there and determine if anyone is trustworthy or not.

People need to get over the “it’s time to be nice” thing. When they get ripped off, “it’s time to not be nice” and call people out for the better of the community.
The entire scam exists because people were too nice. The system really isn't as broken as everyone says it. The problem is no one heeded the very advice in this thread. Hell the title says "caution advised when dealing with this member". The forum was warned, but unfortunately took no action, which resulted in this happening. Some didn't see this thread until now, and for them I have sympathy.
On another side note, I had another experience with a site vendor who was selling dealer buttons in which I never received my goods. I went on hiatus from PCF at the same time and when I came back i realised he didn't shipped the rest of my order but 6 months has passed since. I was back in May this year and his last seen was in Feb. I just wrote that off in my books and never told anyone.
You can PM me that name. I don't want to get taken by that one.

This guys is the exact problem. Why is everyone so secretive when they're getting screwed? Why not warn the rest of us? It's frustrating.

I do this sometimes too, take a pic of the package at the post office counter (I resell vintage stereos sometimes too) I’m a bit more critical on general eBay sales than I am here, because on eBay it’s really easy for a buyer to scam a seller.
I usually pre-pay and label the flat rate boxes, then just put them in the secure bin at my PO.

But for high-value items, if you just take it to the PO counter, you get an actual receipt for the package.

So.. with horseshoez not taking new clients, anyone want to help me re-ship these… chips? Already boxed up.
2C8C30E4-AA9F-472A-9F56-D311914DB968.jpeg

So.. with horseshoez not taking new clients, anyone want to help me re-ship these… chips? Already boxed up.View attachment 719372

I was about to say “Is it just because I have lived in Miami too long and I am jaded that this looks like a moderate amount of cocaine? Or are these actually poker chips?”

Just curious..... how did poppin handle payment for shipping the package(s) that @horseshoez (re-)shipped to him? Was it the same nonsense experienced with him by many others regarding payment type/details, refunds, mid-stream changes, timeliness, and other assorted stories?

Someone mentioned this guy was active on another site. Which site? There were some responses but I have Rick-Roll PTSD so didn't check any of the links out. Just wondering if the alarm has been sounded vocally where appropriate. Club Poker, etc...

Thanks a lot @SixSpeedFury, I was just starting to feel safe again.

Someone mentioned this guy was active on another site. Which site? There were some responses but I have Rick-Roll PTSD so didn't check any of the links out. Just wondering if the alarm has been sounded vocally where appropriate. Club Poker, etc...

Anything to keep my fellow PCF members safe!

He's now banned from that site as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom