Interest Cards Mold Group Buy - INTEREST ONLY (5 Viewers)

Would you participate in another Cards Mold Group Buy

• Total voters
Here is a link to the charts that were originally posted by @Kid_Eastwood (this post: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...e-for-the-alibaba-seller-cards-mold-gb.61718/)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HbzLVH5aznUFJUihsR3wsCwZtMlxZ7k-/view?usp=sharing

Again what I said also goes from here. These charts are the colors the supposedely support but

So Caveat Emptor
Sorry, I think I didn’t frame my question properly.

I think for the chips, we can use a wide array of Pantone colours.

However, if we use only the edge spot template from the link in my previous post, can we use the same range of colours? Or are we limited to the ones at the bottom of this screenshot?

Attachments

• 80004670-9393-45D2-8B0D-0FAD09C87F76.jpeg
    80004670-9393-45D2-8B0D-0FAD09C87F76.jpeg
    135.4 KB · Views: 112
Sorry, I think I didn’t frame my question properly.

I think for the chips, we can use a wide array of Pantone colours.

However, if we use only the edge spot template from the link in my previous post, can we use the same range of colours? Or are we limited to the ones at the bottom of this screenshot?
You can use any Pantone color for the chip base and/or edge spots. However, some colors print better than others e.g. getting matches to fluorescent or metallic colors is incredibly difficult.

You can use any Pantone color for the chip base and/or edge spots. However, some colors print better than others e.g. getting matches to fluorescent or metallic colors is incredibly difficult.
Thanks.

Odd. I have someone helping me using the template and he can’t get neon colours onto the template (neon pink, orange, green). I don’t have the program, but…it should be similar to selecting a colour in Microsoft paint? :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

edit: I seem to remember photoshop had a copy colour feature? So if I send him a pic of the exact colour I want, he can just copy it right?

Thanks.

Odd. I have someone helping me using the template and he can’t get neon colours onto the template (neon pink, orange, green). I don’t have the program, but…it should be similar to selecting a colour in Microsoft paint? :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

edit: I seem to remember photoshop had a copy colour feature? So if I send him a pic of the exact colour I want, he can just copy it right?
You need colours from the standard Pantone palette/book as they can't print fluorescent or neon colours (I think that's a different Pantone book?). Therefore, you need to pick a bright colour that looks similar/mimics what you're after. @Eloe2000 has some eye-popping colours on his Casa Mangos so bright colours are still certainly possible but they won't glow in the dark/under UV light :cry:

You need colours from the standard Pantone palette/book as they can't print fluorescent or neon colours (I think that's a different Pantone book?). Therefore, you need to pick a bright colour that looks similar/mimics what you're after. @Eloe2000 has some eye-popping colours on his Casa Mangos so bright colours are still certainly possible but they won't glow in the dark/under UV light :cry:

I see!!!

Thanks for walking me through it, really appreciated.

Casa Mango is definitely a GOAT set. It’s one of the ones that made me want customs.

Thanks.

Here is a spreadsheet with some Paulson Colors for reference. This is what I'm using in my design, and might be a good starting point for you.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...k-and-rgb-some-pantone-matches-as-well.76046/

F’ing hell! Nearly a year to get them?!

And others went directly to the source, and got them sooner for a smaller order for how much? $.10 more a chip? $.20?

IDK if I can wait a year. That’s crazy.
Saucy! Point taken.

Typically then, what are the lead-times?
Let's look at several different orders. Pre-pandemic the BIG order was placed in August, and batch #1 was received by Sean in November. Less than 3 months. But then the pandemic, and batch #4 took 10 months. Also, a later order that I was part of, New China Club, was placed in early December 2020, and is sitting in customs right now. So 7 months. Times are coming down, and I think Sean's batch #5 order placed at the end of April will be telling. Personally, if I were ordering now I would assume 6 months, and hope to be pleasantly surprised.

I see!!!

Thanks for walking me through it, really appreciated.

Casa Mango is definitely a GOAT set. It’s one of the ones that made me want customs.

FWIW for the Casa Mangos I used the Bosco Aces color wheels you posted and also shown below almost entirely if not completely (since I was one of the first to design a set for Sean’s GB and didn’t know any better).

Also, my Casa Mango add-on with a née run of sample sets should ship from Tina in a week or two (they are already printed). If you want on the list for those just PM me and I will put the PM in my sample set folder.

57E4CBF4-CB31-4240-9F9A-87DA74B263D7.jpeg
F17FA24A-0F00-4D36-8C42-BB350E0C9977.jpeg
20A48A2D-C97F-416A-88B8-F0949C0CD77F.jpeg

FWIW for the Casa Mangos I used the Bosco Aces color wheels you posted and also shown below almost entirely if not completely (since I was one of the first to design a set for Sean’s GB and didn’t know any better).

Also, my Casa Mango add-on with a née run of sample sets should ship from Tina in a week or two (they are already printed). If you want on the list for those just PM me and I will put the PM in my sample set folder.

View attachment 726578View attachment 726579View attachment 726580

Everytime I see these chips.......

The color wheels I ordered that are out there are on the 43mm plain mold both textured and non textured.
Any thoughts on those (either textured or non), verses something like the custom ceramics?

Any thoughts on those (either textured or non), verses something like the custom ceramics?
What do you mean vs the “custom ceramics”?

As far as Tina’s 43mm go I like them a lot. I had a set ready to go for my own small GB but in the end no one else had 43mm coming so I canned that set for now.

Last edited:
Has anyone ordered the no mold 43mm chips? Any photos if so?
I ordered Bounty chips on the 43mm no mold. They are supposed to be delivered TODAY!!! I will update when they show.

Also, there are photos from the Scrub Donkey GB somewhere. That buy had quite a few 43mm chips.

Regarding texture, I prefer the textured chips, but the differences are minimal.

What do you mean vs the “custom ceramics”?

As far as Tina’s 43mm go I like them a lot. I had a set ready to go for my own small GB but in the end no one else had 43mm coming so I canned that set for now.
I mean compared to BR Pro ceramics or something

Here is another pic showing Tina's Bounty chip next to a BR Pro Poker DB. Same artwork from @timinater

I would say the resolution is clearly better on the BPP DB, but it's 60mm compared to 43mm, so that makes a difference too. The details are definitely clearer on the hops and barley. I like Tina's blue border color, green hops color and the beer in the glass color better! I like the color of the stalks of barley better on the BPP button. Both hit the blue in the Texas Waves logo equally well. Honestly, the comparison is pretty close.

Also, I would have liked to have put the red and white rays on the DB, but BPP doesn't do edge aligned art on 60mm DBs.

20210625_145255.jpg

From now until you have the chips in hand, it will be at least 6 months, but under a year.

Here's a comparison of the two vendors: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/cards-mold-ceramic-chip-comparisons.72320/

Yes, aligned edges are an option, but they aren't always perfectly aligned. I believe Anita aligns them better than Tina does.

EDIT: Sorry, wrong link, I've fixed it

(In January) Anita's turn around from design submission to samples was approx 24 to 72hrs.
Full production of nearly 30k chips was approx 1 week after payment (5-6days).
Shipping etc took approx 6weeks to the first recipient.

Given my exp I would order from Anitas....scheduling could have obviously changed since January/February.

Doesn't look like anyone's run a Cards Mold group buy in a while. Anyone up for another one?

Details
For anyone new to PCF, this is a great opportunity to get reasonably priced custom (or stock) ceramics. Each person in the group buy would source the artwork themselves, and many site vendor artists offer stock designs that are ready to go if you just want cheap ceramics without of your own custom art (link below). Together, we hit the MOQ to get the preferred rate form the manufacturer, and share in the freight costs from China.

If anyone wants samples, I have a few I can lend out, and there are some color samples drifting around that members lend/sell.

Aside from the 39mm "cards mold", there's also a 39mm "diamonds" mold, and a plain mold in a bunch of different sizes. There's more info in @Eloe2000 's General Info thread linked below.

Some posts with more info:
Manufacturer's Price
Tina's Manufacturer:
  • 8000+ units: 32c USD/per
  • 10,000+ units: 30c USD/per
Anita's Manufacturer (unconfirmed):
  • 10,000+ units: 23c USD/per
  • 20,000+ units: 22c USD/per

Shipping
I'm happy to handle reshipping, but I do live in Canada, so it might be pricier than if someone from the US reships if most of the participants are American. If someone in the US wants to step up and handle reshipping, that's fine by me, and I'm happy to handle just the ordering and dealing with the manufacturer.

Tina also confirmed that even just in terms of freight costs it's much cheaper to ship to the CONUS than to Canada

Time Frame
Once we have enough interest, the general time frame would involve waiting a couple months for everyone to get ahold of their artwork and to get photos of the manufacturers samples. Then a few months to for the chips to take slow boat from Asia, plus whatever time it takes the reshipper to sort and ship the individual chips to everyone.

Next Steps
If you're interested, post in the thread roughly how many chips you'd be interested in, and if we hit 10,000 plus a reasonable margin of error then we can place an order. I'll also do my best to answer any questions anyone has.

UPDATES
  • 2021-06-17: With overwhelming interest so far, it looks like there's very good chance of this happening. First order of business will be to pick a manufacturer (either Tina's company or Anita's company). @Eloe2000 has a great review/comparison here that points out the differences. The other priority is to determine whether the chips will be shipped to me in Canada, or different member in the CONUS. So far, I've had an offer from a member who is potentially willing to reship from the US, and he will confirm with me tomorrow whether he is in or out. I've updated the poll, please vote so we can see general preferences, as well as posting your comments in the thread so we can discuss.
Interest
Interested. need about 700-800

200-25c 200-1 300-5 100-25 20-100s

This is going to be another massive GB, isn't it?

@mnebesny Thanks for putting this together. I'm definitely interested.

Tagging @Beakertwang & @Eloe2000 for their apparent experience with these chips. I've looked around on PCF to learn about these but I still have a few questions if you don't mind.

1) My understanding is that there are 3 different styles: card mold, diamond and no mold. The non molded chips seem to have a cross-hatch texture, the rest are smooth. Do I have this right?

If so, how slippery/stackable are the CMs vs the non molded chips?

2) Every chip I've seen that's been a part of these GBs utilize a design that mimics that of a clay chip (edge spots, space for an inlay, etc.). Is this type of design a requirement? Or could I create a design that doesn't follow this pattern (like the Valentino chips)?

3) Could words be printed on the edges?

4) Has a deadline to commit been established? If so when it is?

5) When is the artwork due?

6) Are there any quantity limitations? I understand that they need to be ordered in increments of 25 - but other than that is there anything I should be aware of... i.e. is there a limit on the number of unique designs?

Thanks in advance.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom