Interest Cards Mold Group Buy - INTEREST ONLY (10 Viewers)

Would you participate in another Cards Mold Group Buy

• Total voters
I’m kicking this idea around too (Rounders).
I did a Star Wars theme rounders set. They have been produced and are in transit, once I get them I’ll see how good the color matching turned out. Will be glad to share the artwork, just need to swap out the inlay art
EF52348C-E627-4626-B2E0-137A351590A8.png
D2C65B16-A45F-4CE2-97A0-20D6EF8D24D5.png

I’m in for some Mapes chips and hopefully there’s a direct shipment to Canada for reship. Or a separate Canadian gb? I think we could easily get to 10,000 chips.
If you will go back through this thread, there is a lot of discussion on direct ship to Canada vs reshipping from US. I believe the general consensus was that it is overall cheaper to reship from the US.

I’m in for some Mapes chips and hopefully there’s a direct shipment to Canada for reship. Or a separate Canadian gb? I think we could easily get to 10,000 chips.

If you will go back through this thread, there is a lot of discussion on direct ship to Canada vs reshipping from US. I believe the general consensus was that it is overall cheaper to reship from the US.

@T_Chan offered to receive and reship within Canada in post #57. If at all possible, I intend to use that method myself.

Can someone explain to me the benefit of ordering as a group buy and having it shipped to the USA...compared to Canadians having a domestic group buy from shipping the chips to a Canada then reshipping them to participants or allowing local pick up for those in a big hub?

I am in the Toronto area and could potential run a domestic option that allows pick up with a reasonable storage option allowed till you can come get them or ship them out domestically. My condition would be that a certain # of participants would have to help me get some design concepts from MS paint to a usable version for some more sloth chip expansion.

I did a Star Wars theme rounders set. They have been produced and are in transit, once I get them I’ll see how good the color matching turned out. Will be glad to share the artwork, just need to swap out the inlay artView attachment 729542View attachment 729543

Those area great and would be perfect with the dealer and bounty chips i just got....great set. I kind of want some...

Can someone explain to me the benefit of ordering as a group buy and having it shipped to the USA...compared to Canadians having a domestic group buy from shipping the chips to a Canada then reshipping them to participants or allowing local pick up for those in a big hub?

I am in the Toronto area and could potential run a domestic option that allows pick up with a reasonable storage option allowed till you can come get them or ship them out domestically. My condition would be that a certain # of participants would have to help me get some design concepts from MS paint to a usable version for some more sloth chip expansion.
It’s cheaper to ship China-US. Also, if you can avoid HST on import then you’re probably going to be ahead.

It’s cheaper to ship China-US. Also, if you can avoid HST on import then you’re probably going to be ahead.
I have always payed the importation fees when my chips etc are shipped from the US to me here in Canada. My thinking would be that the importation cost would be divided proportionate to the % of the order/$ at time of reshipping/pick up of the chips......paying the Tyranny in Ottawa one way or the other. Is it that much cheaper the other way? if so I believe you all because that seems to be the consensus, I would just like to know a bit more specifics about it as I am not sure if the costs don't really just come out with the wash in the end.

I did a Star Wars theme rounders set. They have been produced and are in transit, once I get them I’ll see how good the color matching turned out. Will be glad to share the artwork, just need to swap out the inlay art

I would love to get someone else’s artwork, as I’m not sure how to do artwork for custom ceramic chips. I’ve only done inlays for my Chinese clay Grateful Dead Royal set, and I don’t understand how the rolling edge works with lining it up with the face of the chip.

How do I sign up? Very interested! 600+ depending on how much it will come out to. Very new, so quite a bit of questions. Who could give me the rundown on how this process goes? When we need to have our design and color scheme chosen, when we need to pay up, etc. I went through the prOn thread of these and they all look amazing I may just copy some color schemes haha. Thanks @TX_Golf_N_Poker for directing me here! These chips look amazing and almost too good to be true haha

How do I sign up? Very interested! 600+ depending on how much it will come out to. Very new, so quite a bit of questions. Who could give me the rundown on how this process goes? When we need to have our design and color scheme chosen, when we need to pay up, etc. I went through the prOn thread of these and they all look amazing I may just copy some color schemes haha. Thanks @TX_Golf_N_Poker for directing me here! These chips look amazing and almost too good to be true haha
Might wanna check out this thread man, some good info in there thanks to Eloe :D

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...ramics-master-consolidated-info-thread.65544/

The first post of this thread has nearly everything you need.

How do I sign up? Very interested! 600+ depending on how much it will come out to. Very new, so quite a bit of questions. Who could give me the rundown on how this process goes? When we need to have our design and color scheme chosen, when we need to pay up, etc. I went through the prOn thread of these and they all look amazing I may just copy some color schemes haha. Thanks @TX_Golf_N_Poker for directing me here! These chips look amazing and almost too good to be true ha
check out the link in @buffalojim post. PM me if you have any other questions.

For chip design, can anyone let me know what’s the best way for mapping out the edge spots so they line up with the chip face?

I have Adobe Illustrator

For chip design, can anyone let me know what’s the best way for mapping out the edge spots so they line up with the chip face?

I have Adobe Illustrator

I'm not a pro designer, so there might be a better way. But I found this thread helpful: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...alignment-on-ceramic-chips.35886/#post-660537

It took me a while to figure out arc length, and how to do the math, but eventually I got it.

If you're looking for standard edgespot designs you might be better off using the Bosco templates.

Thanks. I may try and do my design on the free trial then. Any basic sizing specs to speed up the learning curve on there.

I’m not sure if I did it exactly correct but I just opened the aces file and made my chip shapes overtop to get correct size and spacing. Is there an easier way to accomplish this?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom