Interest Cards Mold Group Buy - INTEREST ONLY (7 Viewers)

Would you participate in another Cards Mold Group Buy

• Total voters
1) My understanding is that there are 3 different styles: card mold, diamond and no mold. The non molded chips seem to have a cross-hatch texture, the rest are smooth. Do I have this right?
If so, how slippery/stackable are the CMs vs the non molded chips?

Correct. The plain mold 39mm chips are non-textured only. 43mm are available in textured or non textured. I would personally prefer the textured but they are honestly very difficult to tell the difference by the naked eye or even by feel.

2) Every chip I've seen that's been a part of these GBs utilize a design that mimics that of a clay chip (edge spots, space for an inlay, etc.). Is this type of design a requirement? Or could I create a design that doesn't follow this pattern (like the Valentino chips)?

A lot of people are drawn to these chips who otherwise like Paulsons or other traditional clay chips. The draw to the cards mold is that they black chips themselves look like molded clay chips.

Also, this manufacturer is willing to align the edges to the faces which makes these clay style chips possible whereas other ceramics maker are unwilling to do this.

That being said you can absolutely design them anyway you want with any CMYK printable image

3) Could words be printed on the edges?

Yes, but they would be small but legible. Someone just posted some bounty chips with words on the side.

4) Has a deadline to commit been established? If so when it is?

I don’t know if another public group buy has officially launched. I don’t think one has formalized from this thread yet. A lot of smaller group buys have launched publicly and privately since the max benefit is achieved. They are a hell of a lot of work and people would just need to step up to make them happen.

EDIT: It looks like this group is formalizing but I don’t have a sense of deadlines. Someone else can speak to that.

5) When is the artwork due?

If you want to make a set I would suggest you get the artwork done and then find a GB.

6) Are there any quantity limitations? I understand that they need to be ordered in increments of 25 - but other than that is there anything I should be aware of... i.e. is there a limit on the number of unique designs?

Thanks in advance.

They do not need to be ordered in increments of 25, just minimum of 25 per denom. You can’t order 23, but you could order 27 of a specific denom.

Last edited:
Would like to order 1950 cards mold chips. Will have art very soon.
I guess I prefer Tina because those are the only cards mold chips I have handled.
USA address and reshipping preferred.

Aurora Star tribute set art is available if anyone wants to use it the next time around.
This is for 43mm. 39mm art exists, but I don't have it.
IMG_20210627_124906.jpg

Hey @chutracheese, can you post a comparison picture between a Paulson blaze orange chip and your 5000 chip? The same request goes for anyone else that has received chips from Tina that are somewhat close in color to Blaze Orange. Thanks.

Hey @chutracheese, can you post a comparison picture between a Paulson blaze orange chip and your 5000 chip? The same request goes for anyone else that has received chips from Tina that are somewhat close in color to Blaze Orange. Thanks.
Here is my orange chip. It's not blaze, but I like it. Are either of these other oranges blaze?

20210629_144254.jpg

Following... Might piggy back for 500 cash set if I like the available designs. Will there be a consolidated mockup choices like the DB group buy?

Thanks!

Just to clarify, you can do pretty much any design you want, but you need to source your own artwork. If you're looking for someone on the site, @timinater , @Quicksilver-75 , @p5woody , and @JeepologyOffroad all do art.
While appreciate the shout out, I’m not doing any design work at the moment. I’m in the middle of a huge life change and my design computer is currently packed while I move. ;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom