Car Loans (2 Viewers)

I have to admit - while I think it's stupid that they practically close the entire state anytime a snowflake appears on the radar, I've gotten used to the mindset now.

Snow? F*ck it, I'll go out tomorrow.

uploadfromtaptalk1464523173371.jpg

Just bought a new car, yet again Ford Focus Ecoboost, this time metallic Candy Red. Will get it in August. I change my car to a new one in three year intervals. Never pay off the car loan fully. Never have to buy new tires and never have to take it to inspection or repair. And guarantee runs all the time. I also have a very good car salesman, who always does all the paperwork for me. EZ.

Just bought a new car, yet again Ford Focus Ecoboost, this time metallic Candy Red. Will get it in August..

Good choice! Our old BMW had to go, and we couldn't get a new BMW that met our needs (manual, 6 cyl., no turbo), so we recently bought the Escape Ecoboost Titanium in that same color.

I never thought I'd own another American car -- it's been 28 years -- but the Ford had better options and electronics than the Mazda CX-5, Toyota RAV4, Jeep Cherokee, and others. Price was lower, fuel consumption comparable. It could use better seat base cushions and lateral support, but the lumbar support is excellent.

had a car payment when i was 16 yrs old, hated every month of it ...always paid cash since

business wise i may start leasing as it may make more sense, but i just hate friggin monthly payments on vehicles....

I lease as well. When you determine the amount of the lease payment, multiply that amount by 36 to determine how much you will pay over the course of the lease. Then offer them 90% of that as a down payment, and $0 a month.

I have yet to have them tell me no, but it will baffle the shit out of them because it's not in their playbook.

I've got a deposit on a Tesla Model 3. Might get it by 2018.

Meanwhile, I'm going to try to keep my 2000 Honda Insight buzzing along. Closing in on 150k miles. (It was mostly garaged for a span of years where I lived in Manhattan and was mostly carless.)

I lease as well. When you determine the amount of the lease payment, multiply that amount by 36 to determine how much you will pay over the course of the lease. Then offer them 90% of that as a down payment, and $0 a month.

I have yet to have them tell me no, but it will baffle the shit out of them because it's not in their playbook.

I was advised against paying the lease faster than monthly. I no longer remember the reasoning, but since I didn't know about this 90% play, and I got 0.5% financing on the lease, I wasn't concerned. But to save 10% off the top, that seems like a nice play.

I've got a deposit on a Tesla Model 3. Might get it by 2018.

Meanwhile, I'm going to try to keep my 2000 Honda Insight buzzing along. Closing in on 150k miles. (It was mostly garaged for a span of years where I lived in Manhattan and was mostly carless.)

I got my 3 year lease in March 2015. I'm hoping for my tesla in March 2018.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom