Life's too damn short, use the good chips!! (2 Viewers)

liftapint

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
UPDATE: Post 115

I once started a thread asking what's your best set that you won't felt. I have recently learned that this is just a really really dumb question. There is no guarantee of tomorrow, so use your best damn chips!!

Three weeks ago, I was in a TERRIBLE car accident. There were 4 of us in the car, and two people ended up with fractured spines among a whole host of other injuries. I (passenger) was the luckiest one of all of us, with just some vision loss, a bad concussion, a few cuts, some massive deep bruising (which still hurts in my clavicle/ribs/chest area), and a lifetime of PTSD and therapy in my future. The accident happened on a very rural road, at 1:30am, and if it wasn't for the on-star system calling 911, we probably wouldn't be alive today. We ended up so far off the road, that the first responders had trouble finding us, and we waited for aid to show up for about an hour, all in complete shock, freezing cold, with the car turned on it's side, we were unable to move and not sure if we would survive. It was EASILY the scariest moments of my life.

Watching the body cameras from the first responders, several of them commented, "I have no idea how ANY of them are alive....". It was bad, y'all. I am thankful to have spotty memory about the hour we waited and the hours that followed.

Anyways, one of my best friends was in the car, and she has suffered major injuries. She had spine surgery, and was extremely lucky to not be paralyzed. She's not out of the woods yet, as she may have to have another spine surgery, that would be much riskier than the first. She is currently recovering at home, but needs help with just about everything, including getting out of bed, etc. She is fairly new to the area so she doesn't have a lot of family or friend support here, so I'm really trying hard to help her as much as I can -- while I'm trying to recover myself.

I'm going to be selling a few things in the coming weeks, both to help her and to help pay for some of my own related expenses too. First up, will probably be an auction for some Tiger sec $1s.

If anyone has a few extra bucks laying around and wants to help out my friend Morgan, with a DoorDash meal, or a few bucks to help pay the dog walker (she probably won't be able to walk her own dog for next 6 months while her spine heals, and she lives in an apartment), or whatever, I'd be forever grateful. I'm doing what I can to help her, but could use a little extra support for her. Please feel free to PM me if you want to help, and I'll provide her info (just don't want to post it publicly here).

Here's the car that they pulled us out of. Except it was on it's side when we were in it. This is after they took 5 hours to remove it from where it was so they could tow it away. I'm so f*cking lucky to be alive. I'm never going to be the same. I feel ruined, but I'm going to live the rest of my life with purpose. There must be SOME reason I am still here.

tl/dr:
1) Don't save your best chips for "someday"...use them today, as there may not be a tomorrow.
2) If you love someone, tell them.
3) Life could be gone in the blink of an eye. Don't wait to do the things you want to do. Do them now.

d2054c1d-b7b6-434d-b800-a7951d8c8185.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow. Thanks for sharing and reminding us how valuable life is. Mercedes is one of, if not, the best built and safest vehicles. Glad everyone is alive.

Last edited:
Holy fuck..... Good luck on you and your friends road to recovery. If you want to chat, vent, or whatever, just reach out to me.

Bill

Holy shit! Thought going out to you and everyone involved. I happy that you are healing up and hope for the best.

Wow that was a serious accident Mel. I’m glad you’re ok and will be praying that everyone else is ok as well. Sending a pm

Oh god, I’m so so sorry Mel, but glad to hear you and your friends survived. I can’t imagine what you’re going through, but will be sending all the love and karma I can.

Please let me know how I can donate to help.

Take care and wishing for a full recovery for all.

Mel! Glad you all survived but it had to be Divine intervention of some kind. Take care of yourself and your friend,I will look and see what I might sell to help out. I am positive to have something. Peace and Love to everyone affected by this accident.

Oh Lord - I am shocked to hear this and I am happy that you get out this horrible incident alive Mel!!!! I will pm you ....

I always wanted a G-Wagon & now I REALLY want one. Glad to hear you guys are alive. Good luck on the hardest part: recovery.

Echoing what you said about "playing the good chips." Life's too short people...you never know.

Wow, it is a miracle you all survived! So sorry this happened Mel. Hope you can all recover quickly and fully.

Life is too short and glad you’re ok but prayers up for everyone involved. Sometimes it takes bad things to gain perspective on what really matters. This community always comes together for a good cause and did so for a family I helped a couple of years ago. I will find some good chips to auction as well.

E

Wow Mel. So happy that you, and all your friends, survived this horrific crash. That G-Wagon (if I'm seeing correctly) is an absolute tank or else the outcome would have been different.

Note to all of us - at our funerals, no one is going to talk about how good we were at our jobs or how minty our poker chip collection was. They will talk about the memories shared and how we made them feel. This is a wake up call to me for sure.

I always wanted a G-Wagon & now I REALLY want one. Glad to hear you guys are alive. Good luck on the hardest part: recovery.

Echoing what you said about "playing the good chips." Life's too short people...you never know.

The G-wagon is the ONLY reason we're still alive. Well, that, and the 1st responders.
Can't say enough good things about that tank. The passenger compartment held strong.

I was looking at one recently and almost pulled the trigger on a used one. It’s my grail car

Mel. Do they have a go fund me or can I just Venmo you?

Omg Mel I’m so sorry. That’s absolutely horrible. Thank you for the reminder that there’s more important things then having shiny sets on the shelf. I’m gonna hug my family a little tighter today. Much love to you and your family and the others in the accident

It's a miracle you escaped unscathed. I wish good luck and a speedy recovery to all those who were involved in this accident.

Horrible! Wouldn’t think anybody had survived, judging from the photo of that wreck. Glad to hear you’re ok, Mel

Glad everyone is alive, hard to believe looking at the wreck! You're absolutely right though, life is short. Wishing speedy recovery for everyone's injuries.

Glad everyone survived! That’s an insane crash. Many well wishes for the road ahead. Please let me know where I can send a few bucks for your friend.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom