Life's too damn short, use the good chips!! (3 Viewers)

Thankful that you are still here with us Mel. You are so strong to be helping your friend right now. Hoping for smooth recoveries, and we're here to listen if you need to vent.

Ugh, just horrible to hear, sorry you all have to go through this. Hoping for as speedy of a recovery as possible! Best wishes

Oh no! I’m so sorry to hear about the accident and what you and your friends are now going through, but so glad you’re all still with us. The picture of that G-wagon is horrifying. Will PM you to see what I can do to help. Take care of yourself Mel!

Glad all of you made it out alive my prayers are with all of you and wish you all speedy recoveries by the looks of that vehicle you all def got very lucky wow wish you all the best going forward

Holy crap, that vehicle!!! You are all very lucky to be alive.
IMG_3616.jpeg

#MakeItCount

Sorry to hear, Mel. Sucks bad but glad all made it. I'll try and bid or buy something donated. Be well, and post your PayPal address for donations.
T

Sorry that you and your friends had to experience that along with the recovery that follows. Wishing you all a speedy recovery. Enjoy life and all of the ups and downs that come with it.

Very sorry to hear Mel. Glad you are ok, and wishing you and your friends a full recovery.

Perhaps you and your friends have started a GoFundMe… if so, would be good to share it here …

Regardless, I am going to list a special rack sometime tomorrow, with proceeds going to Mel/Mel’s friends … full Paulson color sample set, 2022 edition.

I know there will be difficult times ahead but i am happy it wasn't worse. Thanks for sharing and i couldn't agree more. I am living my life now...no need to wait. None of us regardless of age knows what tomorrow will bring. Best wishes.

Hard to imagine anyone survived looking at the leftover of the vehicle. Wishing you and everyone else a speedy recovery. I'm happy to help out any way I can.

Wishing you all the best on getting better. Relieved that you appear to have dodged the worst outcome. Life is indeed to be cherished, thanks for bravely sharing your experience.

Continuing to send prayers your way for a speedy recovery Mel. It's admirable what you're doing in helping the others, just remember to take care of yourself too!

Wow, that wreck looks terrible. So sorry this happened and hoping for a speedy recovery. G Wagon is a tank and held up better than other vehicles would have.

I once started a thread asking what's your best set that you won't felt. I have recently learned that this is just a really really dumb question. There is no guarantee of tomorrow, so use your best damn chips!!

Three weeks ago, I was in a TERRIBLE car accident. There were 4 of us in the car, and two people ended up with fractured spines among a whole host of other injuries. I (passenger) was the luckiest one of all of us, with just some vision loss, a bad concussion, a few cuts, some massive deep bruising (which still hurts in my clavicle/ribs/chest area), and a lifetime of PTSD and therapy in my future. The accident happened on a very rural road, at 1:30am, and if it wasn't for the on-star system calling 911, we probably wouldn't be alive today. We ended up so far off the road, that the first responders had trouble finding us, and we waited for aid to show up for about an hour, all in complete shock, freezing cold, with the car turned on it's side, we were unable to move and not sure if we would survive. It was EASILY the scariest moments of my life.

Watching the body cameras from the first responders, several of them commented, "I have no idea how ANY of them are alive....". It was bad, y'all. I am thankful to have spotty memory about the hour we waited and the hours that followed.

Anyways, one of my best friends was in the car, and she has suffered major injuries. She had spine surgery, and was extremely lucky to not be paralyzed. She's not out of the woods yet, as she may have to have another spine surgery, that would be much riskier than the first. She is currently recovering at home, but needs help with just about everything, including getting out of bed, etc. She is fairly new to the area so she doesn't have a lot of family or friend support here, so I'm really trying hard to help her as much as I can -- while I'm trying to recover myself.

I'm going to be selling a few things in the coming weeks, both to help her and to help pay for some of my own related expenses too. First up, will probably be an auction for some Tiger sec $1s.

If anyone has a few extra bucks laying around and wants to help out my friend Morgan, with a DoorDash meal, or a few bucks to help pay the dog walker (she probably won't be able to walk her own dog for next 6 months while her spine heals, and she lives in an apartment), or whatever, I'd be forever grateful. I'm doing what I can to help her, but could use a little extra support for her. Please feel free to PM me if you want to help, and I'll provide her info (just don't want to post it publicly here).

Here's the car that they pulled us out of. Except it was on it's side when we were in it. This is after they took 5 hours to remove it from where it was so they could tow it away. I'm so f*cking lucky to be alive. I'm never going to be the same. I feel ruined, but I'm going to live the rest of my life with purpose. There must be SOME reason I am still here.

tl/dr:
1) Don't save your best chips for "someday"...use them today, as there may not be a tomorrow.
2) If you love someone, tell them.
3) Life could be gone in the blink of an eye. Don't wait to do the things you want to do. Do them now.

View attachment 1227243
Oh my God. I'm glad you are doing ok, and that your friends survived and are on the road to recovery. Let us know how we can help!

O.M.G. I'm so sorry to hear about the accident, Mel, but I'm glad that you're recovering. Looks like it's going to be a long haul for at least one of your friends. That photo is horrifying.

I'll be in touch via PM.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom