Tourney BLINDS UP Tournament Manager for iPad/iPhone Review (1 Viewer)

No this app is still only for iOS at the moment. But Android version is still in project. If the new iOS version has success, I would start Android dev during the year.

I’m not on FB so I can’t even see what you’re announcing but I did get a chance to “peek behind the curtain” once and I can only imagine this will be very welcome! All my best @Blinds Up

Regretfully I’m going to have to pass on being able to help beta test!

So, I have been using Blinds up to run my tournaments with little/no issues over the past few months.
When I looked at my last tournament, I was trying to figure out who knocked a player out. When I look at the players, I can see when a player is knocked out, but I see the "Hitman" as the profile picture. if I click on the picture, I cannot see who it is, and all it does is ask me if I want to edit this player.

Does anyone know what I need to do to resolve this?

I switched to blinds up when I ditched the PC, but am considering buying a $200 laptop to run Tournament Director again, as I am much more familiar with that software.

Mark

The killer is only displayed as a picture, if you really need this information, you can export the ranking through iTunes or email (button "Export rankings" on the left side of the players tab.

FYI there is already an android app called "Blinds Are Up" so just watch out for confusion in your marketing when you release on Google Play.

Does anyone know if there has been current updates? The app seems extremely laggy and buggy.

V 1.8 is the only version available in the App Store. I have been beta testing this with the developer for almost a year now. Currently we are on version 2.0.22, it is very close to being complete.
1.8 has so many bugs it is just about unusable.
V2.0.22 is awesome! I know the developer plans for its full release very soon.

I was taking part in the beta as well but stopped some time ago. I don't need to track player stats at all. I'm also not willing to pay a subscription model for an app I might use 3-4 times a year without all the bells and whistles.

For what I need the app to do, basically be a timer with set blind amounts, the old version works fine.

I will continue to just do the payout calculation manually and write on the wall.

I was taking part in the beta as well but stopped some time ago. I don't need to track player stats at all. I'm also not willing to pay a subscription model for an app I might use 3-4 times a year without all the bells and whistles.

For what I need the app to do, basically be a timer with set blind amounts, the old version works fine.

I will continue to just do the payout calculation manually and write on the wall.

Wait, there’s gonna be a subscription model when V2.0.22 drops? Sounds like a huge turnoff to me.....

When editing the layout, how do you get rid of ‘Poker Tournament’ within the title?

When editing the layout, how do you get rid of ‘Poker Tournament’ within the title?

The "Poker Tournament" displays whatever name you gave the tournament on the Setting screen. If you want it 100% gone delete the element.

The "Poker Tournament" displays whatever name you gave the tournament on the Setting screen. If you want it 100% gone delete the element.

Thanks. I think I caught my issue. When viewing the display on the edit screen it was showing ‘Poker Tournament’. When I went into display mode it had the name I used in the settings. Thanks @bsdunbar1

I've been using Blind Up and paid the $10 and it's great for my needs.

The only (minor) complaint is that that the payouts are a bit too generous for 2nd - I think it was 60:40. Actually this is not my complaint since I've come second in the last two tourneys, it came from the guy who came first :)

What is available in the app store currently is terrible. The new version has so many upgrades and fixes I wouldn't even want to try and use V1.8. He is ready to release the update soon.

Emailed to Julien as well, but posting here in case others have a similar issue:

For iPad, my version (which I got ages ago from the App Store) now goes to the whitewashed startup screen with the guy + hands raking the pot, it then quickly flashes a message in black text on top of the background image "The application needs to upgrade the database, please wait...do not close the app during this process!" for about one second. It then auto-closes the screen, but remains open in the background. However, when I go back to it after several hours, I get the same whitewashed screen with the guy + hands raking the pot followed by error message and closing. The App Store update history shows that version 2.1 (72.8MB) was automatically updated on 23Nov2018.

Any suggestions? I'd rather not delete and reinstall, as I have about 15 full tourney schedules that would need to be redone (which takes a bit of time). Thanks for the help!

As an aside, are there any pre-loaded default tournament schedules? That would be a nice addition, if not present. I have several @BGinGA approved recommendations.

Edit: Perhaps I don't have the Pro version? I'm 99% certain I bought it before, but I don't see "Pro" anywhere....

Last edited:
So if I upgrade does my prior paid version continue to work or do I have to pay a subscription? I’m using this thing 3-4 times a year. Subscription doesn’t make sense for me.

The last beta version was running bug free and was/is an amazing app with so much more functionality than 1.8.
2.1 was released to the app store and there have been nothing but problems/bugs since it's release. I am no developer and have nothing to do with the app outside of being one of the beta testers for the developer.
When bugs were found in previous version in the beta test mode they were all 100% resolved. I have no doubt this version will get fixed as well, but I am like the rest of you waiting for the developer to get it fixed. (2.1 has been released for a couple of weeks)
He did say in the beta group that he was reading all of the comments and was working on fixing all the bugs rather then replying to all of the comments.

I am hosting a tournament this weekend, so is there any update on a solution or should I delete and attempt to reload the current version? Thanks @Blinds Up

Ok, WTF has happened to this app? Put it on for Friday’s tournament and it seems to have updated and is now asking for subscription? This is a bait and switch - I paid $10 a few months ago for what I thought was lifetime access and now I can’t access what I paid for! And I couldn’t get it going with the guys all looking at me so we reverted to a timer and paper blinds list. I’m seriously annoyed at the moment!

Last edited:
I deleted and reloaded the latest version from the cloud. The problem is not fixed, and the app was 100% unusable for last night’s championship. I have another game coming up, so any status update would be greatly appreciated. Thanks much!

I downloaded 2.4 just this morning and just posted in our user group that the known issues from 2.3 were resolved.
What doesn't it do for you?
(Again, i'm not the developer just an active tester)

So I bought this before the new version. Where can I see a list of what the free version is lacking? I loved the old version, it was perfect for my needs. I’d rather not pay a subscription because I don’t need all the fancy features he added, and the only 3 reviews I seen on the App Store for the new version are 1 star and saying it’s basically broken at this time.

I get the developer put a lot of work into this new version and I don’t expect it to be free. But the previous version was perfect for me, which I had an option to stick with that one :(

I just tried to create an account using the Facebook option. When it opened up Facebook it gave me an error about the implementation of the login in the app. Anyone else have this problem? I’m running the latest version, which says they fixed the Facebook login problem in lol.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom