Tourney BLINDS UP Tournament Manager for iPad/iPhone Review (3 Viewers)

Does anyone know if you can add your custom chip template to Blind Valet, a la Blnds Up?

*BUMP* *BUMP*

So I've been gone for a few years, and I know this is going to be useless to say, but what the heck I'll give it a shot.

I loved the original version of this app, the latest reviews on the app store are really poor and how long it's been since it's gotten an update. I'm sure this app's dead and buried. The original version worked wonderfully for me. I agree with most of the reviews, the re-write was really buggy. If the author still comes on here and see's this, since you're not actively working on the app. You should re-release the original and call it Blinds Up Classic (or something) I would 100% pay for it again, I'd even pay double or triple whatever it was ($10 I believe?) I would even pay a monthly fee for the original version.

This isn't me just assuming the author still comes on here, but also assuming he cares, still has the source code for the original and it would run on iOS 14 without any work. All of which I highly doubt. But I really really miss the app so I thought I'd ask, what's the worse that can happen?

I have an old ipad I used the blinds up app on that I never updated. It still runs the old version.

I'm half tempted to code my own version of a poker clock for iOS, which has NO frills. No league tracking, no player tracking, no extra nothing. Just customizable blinds and times. Maybe customizable sounds. Nothing more.

I use Texas Holdem Poker Timer.

It is free and honestly has everything I need. I paid for the Pro version but its completely unnecessary. I play single table tournaments and we generally want to set the blind schedule in a way to have the tournaments finish around a specific time. This does a great job creating the schedule based on the number of players etc. for the tournament to end at a desired time.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/texas-holdem-poker-timer/id458921369

I have an old ipad I used the blinds up app on that I never updated. It still runs the old version.

I'm half tempted to code my own version of a poker clock for iOS, which has NO frills. No league tracking, no player tracking, no extra nothing. Just customizable blinds and times. Maybe customizable sounds. Nothing more.

Man, that iPad's worth money to me lol.

Texas Holdem Poker Timer.

This looks pretty interesting, gonna download it and play around with it.

Does anyone here still actually use Blinds Up? I reinstalled it on my iPhone 2 nights ago and can't get past the login screen. After putting my login in I get a spinny icon but it never does anything. I'm wondering if the app's just completely broken now.

I am using Version 2.8 on an iPad 5th Generation running 14.4 software. I don't have premium I just use the basic features.

I am using Version 2.8 on an iPad 5th Generation running 14.4 software. I don't have premium I just use the basic features.

Well that's good to know, but it still isn't working on mine, and from the looks of it the author's even less interested in this app than he was back when he still updated it.

I suppose it can't hurt to shoot him a message, do you use if often? do you have any of the issues most of the reviews on the app store complain about? I'm curious because most of the reviews are for older versions. There are a couple poor ones for 2.8 but a couple good ones too so I'm curious.

Last edited:
Checking to see if this app is dead in water? I paid for the $7.99 for the month and have been playing around with it.

How do you upload your own sounds? I'm using an I-pad (Gen 9) and plan to mrror screen to my smart tv.

Has anyone been successful in adding their own custom sounds to Blinds Up? If so how did you do it? using an Ipad (Gen9)

I gave up on this app some time ago. It worked great before the lifetime purchase changed to a monthly fee, and the developer seemed to only respond on rare occasion.

I had an iPad that I kept on the old version for some time but it finally crapped out.

I found a different one to use.

I gave up on this app some time ago. It worked great before the lifetime purchase changed to a monthly fee, and the developer seemed to only respond on rare occasion.

I had an iPad that I kept on the old version for some time but it finally crapped out.

I found a different one to use.
Thanks for the reply. Which software did you switch to? Blinds up has potential; I like the customization features. Is there an app similar? I know everyone loves TD but I need something I can run from my I pad for convenience.

Thanks for the reply. Which software did you switch to? Blinds up has potential; I like the customization features. Is there an app similar? I know everyone loves TD but I need something I can run from my I pad for convenience.

Yeah that’s what’s unfortunate it was a pretty good app at the start.

I don’t remember what I swapped to, it was something I found on the App Store. I don’t need any of the extra league or tracking stuff so my needs are pretty simple. Custom background and ability to use an iPad.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom