Blades - Private Card Club (1 Viewer)

A bit of an update with the chips and colours from the OP. I have added a couple of minor variations for comment. I will still try a few others I think.View attachment 15427
If you go this route I think you have to choose the lavendar base color hundo. Purple and retro blue are way to close in base color. You will end up with lots of $100s getting mixed in with $5s accidentally.

Original 5, new purple, and the white/maroon IMO :)
Blades (Stocky) v.2.png

By the way, thanks... Now I'm on the design tool too! (bye bye tax return hahaha)

(Oh and for the record, the other two colours shown here are fantastic too.)

By the way, thanks... Now I'm on the design tool too! (bye bye tax return hahaha)

(Oh and for the record, the other two colours shown here are fantastic too.)
Blades (Stocky) v.3.png

Haha, sorry about that, but thanks for reminding me - tax time = some more funds :).

I am liking these colours and have switched them around to see where they go. I love the white/maroon a lot and believe it could be my 25, followed by the blue/butterscotch as $1.00 as they play more than the lavender... so, maybe the second three.

At the risk of presenting too many variations too quickly, I have just one more to consider for a while. I think the 5c could stand to be simpler (thanks Stocky) and could use the gray/charcoal combo for the Aston Martin DB5 and the Walther PPK.

Blades (v.5).png

OR

Blades (v.4).png

Thanks for all your input.

At the risk of presenting too many variations too quickly, I have just one more to consider for a while. I think the 5c could stand to be simpler (thanks Stocky) and could use the gray/charcoal combo for the Aston Martin DB5 and the Walther PPK.

View attachment 15430

OR

View attachment 15431

Thanks for all your input.

Love these. Bottom 5 just slightly more than the top 5

PZ - thanks for the input, love the 'diamonds' reference, pretty sure it will be B-diamond. The mock looks cool - suit and tie :). I read the books many years ago, and just recently read them all again. The Blades idea just struck me when I was reading ....... Fill in the blank :).

Ooooo... Trivia time! Blades was featured prominently in Moonraker where M played Bridge. I believe it also got a passing mention in a later novel, though I cannot recall which one(s).

The White and Maroon chip is excellent. I would probably use it as the 100, because I like it when the "best" chip is also the highest denom in play. Also, if you use the 2-spot 5, the blue quarter, and the white hundo you get a very nice edge-spot progression.

Correct. Bond helps defeat a cheating Drax by switching in a cold deck at Bridge. :). Also in You Only LIve Twice, when M and the psychiatrist discuss Bond's mental health after the death of Tracey. :). Not a fan of YOLT as a story, but does have a rough Australian Secret Service operative, which was mildly amusing :).

Thanks on the white/maroon chip :), and the progression idea.

That is a beautiful mock up. I love the look of the inlays.

I like the first chip of each denomination better for what its worth. Matches the Inlay better for some reason.

B

That is a beautiful mock up. I love the look of the inlays.

I like the first chip of each denomination better for what its worth. Matches the Inlay better for some reason.

B

Thanks mate. I really like them too. Will be a tough decision. Your input is appreciated.

Cracking progress thus far. Love how these are shaping up!

With a great theme and your passion for Bond, these can't be anything other than epic! :)

Cracking progress thus far. Love how these are shaping up!

With a great theme and your passion for Bond, these can't be anything other than epic! :)

Thanks Toby. I am really appreciating the input as it does help. I had always envisaged a solid set (as per Stocky's idea), but I felt some conservative edge spots would be grand. The funny thing is, the three solid 'base colours I would have used were - , light grey, dark blue, and white :). I do still like my original 25 though. But I like the new white/maroon too ...

Okay. So I checked the sample set I have, and I think that that the dark blue/butterscotch (don't like the retro blue) could be distinct enough with the charcoal/light gray/maroon combo (see variations, even white?), but still do like the possibility of the white/maroon chip and the simpler looking progression. I have done a few variations and would welcome comments or other versions if you cared to mock some more.

Last edited:
wow.............The gray, 214 spot 5 looks amazing. I don't usually partake in sample sets. This one might have to be an exception.

The white/maroon 100..............fucking sexy.

wow.............The gray, 214 spot 5 looks amazing. I don't usually partake in sample sets. This one might have to be an exception.

The white/maroon 100..............fucking sexy.

Thanks mate, really appreciate that. I think I have all but made up my mind as far as the line-up goes and the gray, blue and white get the nod, along with a lavender 500. I am also considering a limited run chip to round it off (to be revealed :). Perhaps people might like to have a go, Level 3 max :). Once the line up is sorted ...

I have opted for a 10c chip and 10/25 stakes. Only a few will be necessary, hence the $5.

Blades Line Up + Mystery 007 Chip.png

I think those denoms will work nicely for you. I'd be in for samples as well.

Yes yes yes yes, loving the most recent mockup. I would have no problem submitting that order immediately, BUT... I'd pass along the same advice I was given when I put together my custom set: put the designs aside for a little while, then come back to them with fresh eyes and see how you feel. You may find some small detail you want to fine tune or may even redo the whole thing like I did. Also think about inlay details, for instance, do you want to keep denom font constant or color-match with the base or edgespots of each chip?

Yes yes yes yes, loving the most recent mockup. I would have no problem submitting that order immediately, BUT... I'd pass along the same advice I was given when I put together my custom set: put the designs aside for a little while, then come back to them with fresh eyes and see how you feel. You may find some small detail you want to fine tune or may even redo the whole thing like I did. Also think about inlay details, for instance, do you want to keep denom font constant or color-match with the base or edgespots of each chip?

Thanks..........This sounds like great advice.

I also made computer "wallpapers" with my favorite set ideas and let them cycle (once per minute or so) I found that when I saw the set that made me happiest (between work tasks) I knew for certain that that was the set to buy.

Not unlike dating 2 women. Eventually you realize you prefer spending more time with one than the other.

Unlike women, chips don't get mad when you've been seeing another set...

Bright white for the hundo maybe?

The best part of the 007 chip is that you can finally spread that .07/.17 game you've been dying to play

I like the way this is going. In for a sample set as well, if available. Great job so far.

I thought about that too, when he first posted mock-ups of the white/maroon chip. But I think regular white works best with his 'old' and 'traditional' set theme, where the colors are relatively muted.

I thought about that too, when he first posted mock-ups of the white/maroon chip. But I think regular white works best with his 'old' and 'traditional' set theme, where the colors are relatively muted.
I agree. Usually I prefer bright white but when you want a muted presentation like this it stands out too much

Was thinking the exact same thing. Reg White fits with the inlay design real nice.

Thanks all, much appreciated.

I think those denoms will work nicely for you. I'd be in for samples as well.

Cheers AT, will start a list of interested parties and put you down for a sample :)

Thanks mate. Great advice MrBo, I will leave it now for a little while and do just that. Mustn't access CDT ..., need to do jobs around house ... eat ... sleep ..., maybe work. I think at this stage I will keep the constant colour on the denom as it goes with the conservative, never like to change, British mentality :).

I also made computer "wallpapers" with my favorite set ideas and let them cycle (once per minute or so) I found that when I saw the set that made me happiest (between work tasks) I knew for certain that that was the set to buy.

Not unlike dating 2 women. Eventually you realize you prefer spending more time with one than the other.

Unlike women, chips don't get mad when you've been seeing another set...

More great advice. I appreciate the input on the chips too ;-).

The best part of the 007 chip is that you can finally spread that .07/.17 game you've been dying to play

Haha, the frac to beat all fracs I reckon :)

I like the way this is going. In for a sample set as well, if available. Great job so far.

Cheers Pug, much appreciated. Will throw your name on the list :).

At this stage, the sample set will include the four denoms, plus the limited edition '007' chip. 'Q' is still working on that one. ;-).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom