Interest 3.5" x 5.75" Mixed Game Plaques on Plastic Card Stock v2 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ben the very link you refer to calls it "Sviten Special" too.
You can throw "special" on the card if you like... the group we play with have called it Sviten for years.

I'll just be the idiot that calls the game wrong... I'm not adding "Special" everyone knows what Drawmaha or Draw2maha is.

If you are someone that loves technicalities then knock your socks off. I typed in "Sviten card game" that's what popped up.

You can throw "special" on the card if you like... the group we play with have called it Sviten for years.

I'll just be the idiot that calls the game wrong... I'm not adding "Special" everyone knows what Drawmaha or Draw2maha is.

If you are someone that loves technicalities then knock your socks off. I typed in "Sviten card game" that's what popped up.
What would YOU like? its YOUR CARD!

You prefer just Sviten then?

What would YOU like? its YOUR CARD!

You prefer just Sviten then?
You know what I want brotha, but again whatever the group chooses is fine. If that us the technical name then that is cool too! Hanukkah Matata! It means no worries! Lol

Did @k9dr get one in here for "The Sixtheen Chappel" I could use a card for that one! Lmao

Just to chime in on Sviten/Sviten Special...

The game called Texas Hold'em is obviously well known around here. Most people just call it Hold'em. Right or wrong, Hold'em is enough to know what game you are playing. However, the name of the game properly has the title Texas added in.

It the cards are to look proper, a Hold'em card should read Texas Hold'em and Sviten should add the Special. However if the current deck simply reads the colloquial Hold'em (without the Texas prefix) the new cards should read with the more simply named Sviten. This would maintain continuity throughout the deck.

/2¢

Just to chime in on Sviten/Sviten Special...

The game called Texas Hold'em is obviously well known around here. Most people just call it Hold'em. Right or wrong, Hold'em is enough to know what game you are playing. However, the name of the game properly has the title Texas added in.

It the cards are to look proper, a Hold'em card should read Texas Hold'em and Sviten should add the Special. However if the current deck simply reads the colloquial Hold'em (without the Texas prefix) the new cards should read with the more simply named Sviten. This would maintain continuity throughout the deck.

/2¢

IMG_3013.jpeg

2, The game should not be labeled "what we call it around here". The 5 card double board omaha has "5 Card Omaha Double Board" on the card and not God's Game.

3, People have written books on the subject

1661956793662.png

While I understand and appreciate the desire for efficiency, I would not want a modular set of cards like that. I would want one card per game that I'm spreading, with the name of the game prominently displayed in a single unambiguous headline across the top of the card, to be put on the table in a prominent spot where all can see it when that specific and exact game is being played.

But others should weigh in; I'm not the target audience for these cards (as I mentioned elsewhere, I have my own already).
Yes. Though I agree with the fewer pineapple cards complaint, because pineapple is dumb.

EDIT: I'm just being a jerk. Please ignore me

Last edited:
What about "double board thermo nuclear Armageddon pineapple" and don't blame me for that ridiculousness... @ConsensualPresidency came up with that one last weekend and it was a hit! Lol
Ha. I like trying new games. And I've probably just travelled in the wrong circles, but nobody ever seems to play any pineapple varients anywhere I am. Too crazy for the holdem crowds, too tame for the mixed game crowds, maybe.

Ha. I like trying new games. And I've probably just travelled in the wrong circles, but nobody ever seems to play any pineapple varients anywhere I am. Too crazy for the holdem crowds, too tame for the mixed game crowds, maybe.
Our home game tournaments are 100% regular pineapple. Not lazy, crazy or any other variant. Toss one preflop and you are back to holdem except now instead of folding J3 off for 14 hands in a row... you may have JQ suited... not uncommon to have 80 plus % of players see a flop even with a 3x or more preflop raise.

Brie and I have definitely moved over to the Mixed Games crowd, still willing to play foldem but much harder to keep our attention on the game.not saying we are any type of mixed games pro's... just more action and fun with draw, multi board, hi/low combinations.

Pineapple, tripple holdem, double board holdem... they are all gateway drugs to get folks into the mindset that more cards inplay typically means more math... how many Chess Players/higher level board gamers want to go back to Candy Land, tic tac toe and Shoots n Ladders... I doubt very many...

There are definitely learning factors in the mixed games... understanding that with draws and many more cards in play... in holdem we die on that nut Flush even with a river paired board. It may cost you a few hundred dollar lessons to realize that when there is a 2 or 3 bet that not only is that flush not good, you are likely up against quads and the 2nd nut boat... not just a dingy (baby boat)...

Anyways Pineapple has a place in the middle Ed card deck, I just don't think we need one for every variant, just like I don't thinknwe need a separate card for ever "8" or low variant. Call any game you want low, we all know what that means.

BUT to the statement about in regards to having "the exact game on one card displayed on the table for all to see whilst that game is in play!" Well then I can see the need for the "8/low" variants listed on the cards. Most meet ups those cards are only on the beginner table, I have never seen them on the "big boy" or even the Mid Stakes tables.

The cards serve their purpose but it is much better to have @inca911 or @krafticus explain them to you so you fully understand each game.

Most of the gameswe play in we don't need a "Sviten Special" or "derailment" card. They are already mixed games players.... explain the rules and let's gamble! Lol

how can I buy these?
At some point when I have completed all the cards, and done a round of QA, then I'll post for a group buy, Once I have everything ready, I'll ask for funds, then I'll submit the order and mail it out.

Welp, I’m full of crap. I withdraw my interest.
Good luck with it.
Yeah its higher than I expected, looking back at the detail on the order they charged 15 USD for shipping and 6 for tax. I think shipping will go up on a larger order but spread across the bulk order will lower the shipping cost from vendor to me, and I think we will get a small discount on a bulk buy.

I'll edit the OP for more clarity

I am often confused, and right now is no different.

The Degen I pack was included in the original right? And is also included in the price in the OP?

I am often confused, and right now is no different.

The Degen I pack was included in the original right? And is also included in the price in the OP?
Yes, its not you, its me; I was trying to make it easier to understand the grouping for those that don't have Power's cards. I'll change in the OP to make it more simplified, also I'll cover it in the GB thread I'll post once I get the first set of cards and can post pics

Wait so are we looking at $100+ for a deck shipped?
right around 100, yes; best case would be 85ish, this could go lower with a bulk discount, but I think it will be a small discount buying in 'bulk', not sure if we will quality for that or not.

EDIT:

I found the break down, if we can get to 30 the cost will be closer to 58 USD per + Shipping + Reshipping (70ish out the door)

Last edited:
Oh wow. This comes as a surprise cause I was expecting it to be closer to the last GB pricing. I do appreciate all your effort but unfortunately I’ll have to withdraw my interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom