Interest 3.5" x 5.75" Mixed Game Plaques on Plastic Card Stock v2 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machine

Full House
Supporter
Supporter Plus
Reaction score
The first sample set has been ordered.

JUST IN - 10/06 @ 1 PM
39588089-7F7E-4DD7-8827-2582B021E46B.jpeg

The Tuck Box is amazing imo! but I'm not sure I'm going to post photos, likely leave it as a surprise.
The Tuck Box was done by one of our own! and they did a great job on it!

Cost is ~$96 USD (+ Shipping)
@ 30 units Cost will be close to 70 USD
46 Cards + Custom Tuck Box
Box Art provided by our own @Colquhoun!
Next Steps:
Evaluate QA set, ETA ~Oct 6
- I'll take some photos, post the GB
- I'll also review them, and send to Reviewer 1, then to Reviewer 2;

Then I'll spend some time for Feedback & Edits.

First Group Buy will be for the Core Set

This is a list of the games that will be included

3 Hand HoldemScarney
Super HoldemSviten
Double Board Holdemroute 66
Very Crazy PineappleGod's game / dbl board omaha
Lazy Pineapplebadacey
Ludicrous Pineapplebadeucey
Pineapple 8Super Stud
SHESHEStumpler
SOHEDra2maha
PLODramaha Zero
FusionDramaha 49
Big OCowpie
CourchevelKentrel
imPLOceanThermonuclear Armageddon Pineapple
ShowmahaChowaha
Holdout 8
Archie
BADUGI
SHODUGI
Triple Draw lowball
Razz
Tahoe P&R
Chicago
Oxford Stud
Pineapple Stud

Add on Set will run as a separate Group Buy AFTER the full set. The Addon Pack will be for those that only want cards that I've created that are not in the first sets that Power13 created. Note: There are color differences and Theme differences between Power13's version and mine.

We have room for two more cards! Any suggestions?

Cost breakdown

Box and cards will be around 75
Shipping from vendor to me 15+ (hopefully this will be less than 30 and I can split it between all orders, likely be 2 or 3 USD)
Shipping from me to you 10 + (Padded Flat Rate Env hopefully will be fine)

EDITS:
2022.09.21 - QA set ordered; This set will be used to evaluate accuracy and will be shared between a few reviewers
2022.09.20 - The box art is complete, I'll be ordering 2 1 set to evaluate and send to a few reviewers soon
2202.08.28 - Need to complete THE last last card Sviten so blame brother Ben for the delay! (@Ben8257) :love:
Okay Sviten Special has been sent to Ben for approval! Ben gave approval so we are just about done.
Updated Burndown (2202.08.07) - Completed last card (Courchevel)
Updated Burndown (2202.08.04) - Complete all 3 renames, Scarney Comp Card, and started Courchevel card
Updated Burndown (2202.08.01) - Added the two cards, completed one, Art completed and added to a few cards
Updated Burndown (2202.07.15) - Was able to commission art
Updated burndown (2022.07.13) - Completed Edits to all cards, next step add community favs.
I've also been trying to get some custom Art for the cards

Greetings All,

I missed the first two GBs for Game Plaques, I touched base with Power he was very generous with the whole process. I've put a lot of effort into it so far, and I couldn't phantom starting from scratch!

I have changed some of aspects of the cards and I'm happy to offer them as GB once I've completed my efforts. I don't have an ETA, but I am happy to update the post as I progress, I hope it won't take a significantly long time, but there will be several aspects that I don't have much control of.

I have added some new cards, redacted some others, and currently my card count is 38 compared to the 42 that were previously offered. My goal is to provide a consolidated set, for instance where we have PLO and PLO 8 or Better, I plan to offer one or the other.

I am open to constructive criticism and / or suggestions. I would also really appreciate any feedback on previous cards where tweaks or corrections could be made.

One suggestion was to offer these in 2 packets, one set will be 'core' or previously offered cards and an 'add on' or expansion that will be new cards, so that previous cards owners can pick up additional cards. If I can accomplish this, I will.

Controversial Names
For controversial names or games with a Preferred Secondary Name, I plan to produce alternate cards with a secondary name and offer them as an add on or if there are few enough just add the alternate as a bonus ;)

Current contenders for renames:
Scrotum | Preferred Name: Holdout
God's Game | Preferred Name: Double Board 5 Card Omaha
A-5 Triple Draw | Preferred Name: Triple Draw Low Ball*
Kansas City 2-7
California A-5
* I'll add a variant on the card to delineate the games

My current burndown:
Card Review - I plan to post a table highlighting the differences of games, and offer a few more popular games base on community requests (Next step)
Complete current face cards (38)

-- Basic layout
-- tweak all text locations
Complete the back card
-- Basic layout (34 36 complete)
-- tweak images and text locations
Complete 2 - 3 added cards
-- Face
Shodugi complete
Courchevel

-- Back
Shodugi complete
Courchevel
Revisit naming per
This Post
Prototype
-- Submit designs to vendor
-- Prototype Review

-- Discuss Tweaks with reviewers
-- Implement tweaks
Run GB

Last edited:
Names matter. It’s cute to refer to excrement or genitalia but it’s very very off putting to try and introduce these games to adults when they see this. The name is the first thing they see, and they form their impressions from there.

I tried to introduce these games on a recent Cardplayer cruise. As soon as someone saw the word scrotum it was all over. Nobody serious wants to play fart games at the poker table. That shit was funny in kindergarten but not appropriate in an adult setting.

Names matter. It’s cute to refer to excrement or genitalia but it’s very very off putting to try and introduce these games to adults when they see this. The name is the first thing they see, and they form their impressions from there.

I tried to introduce these games on a recent Cardplayer cruise. As soon as someone saw the word scrotum it was all over. Nobody serious wants to play fart games at the poker table. That shit was funny in kindergarten but not appropriate in an adult setting.
Thanks for pointing this out! Great Point

I think there are two sides to this coin, hell there maybe more than that.
These are the two that come to mind:
1 - People want to keep the name for standards sake, a familiar baseline for all players.
2 - Serious players, I think one can enjoy a less skill more luck-based game and still keep a level of seriousness, something more family / public appropriate.

A similar point of contention is Double Board 5 Card Omaha or God's Game. One discussion I had, because I think 'God's Game' is a much better name, was that it might offend some players and that can be off putting as well.

I'm happy with renaming something to be less juvenile or offensive and then having a secondary card with the original name or optional name.

I would ask for help with identifying 1) the non-desired name, and 2) coming up with a preferred name, perhaps @power13 or @abby99 would have some input, granted that @abby99 is the originating author I would gravitate to her council heavily.

What is the origin of Scrotum getting its name?

Hear me out on this half baked idea…

Anagram for scrotum
Tom Crus - because you’re only keeping your “Top Guns”

Are there any changes people would like to see, heres is a question -

Name:
Dramaha Zero or Dramaha 0?

Last edited:
Scrotum already has an alternative name: Sabre. Recommend using Sabre instead of inventing another name.

I redlined several cards in the first group buy, and can find that thread if you'd like to incorporate those clarifications/corrections into yours.
Im trying to tie the name “Sabre” into the actions of the game, like dramaha is a combo of Omaha with a draw, but I’m drawing a blank (my draws are usually this anyway, lol).
Getting past the innuendo, I’ve always had a hard time with that one because the name isn’t indicative of what’s going on. So I always just call “the one where you have to play what you keep” because I never can remember if it’s Scarney or Scrotum. I also call “the one where you get rid of cards” instead of Scarney because of the same reason.

I would be interested in the add on cards that were not offered before, thanks

I'd definitely be interested in a full set!

I've been trying to design my own set from the ground up that consolidates a core game's potential variants onto a single card (like having a single card for Omaha, but listing '8' as a variant, '5 card' variant, 'Gods Game' variant, etc.), but it's been a battle trying to get all the applicable info plus the nice visual board layout onto a single card while still being both functional and legible.

As for Scrotum: my group has taken to referring to it as Holdout based on this page I found a while back (though I've since realized that that variant is meant to feature a 2-card flop instead of 3, so doesn't quite match up with what I know Scrotum to be); never heard/seen it referred to as Sabre. Any background/link to where that comes from, @inca911 ?

As for Scrotum: my group has taken to referring to it as Holdout based on this page I found a while back (though I've since realized that that variant is meant to feature a 2-card flop instead of 3, so doesn't quite match up with what I know Scrotum to be); never heard/seen it referred to as Sabre. Any background/link to where that comes from, @inca911 ?
I'm not opposed to adding variants upon request, especially when its just a rename, however this will take the cost up for everyone and cost more during shipping. I would think it would be minimum and not a big deal but wanted to point it out.

Quick question: what are the size of these cards? If I remember correctly, they are oversized, right?

If they are oversized, wondering if a regular poker-sized card (2.5" x 3.5") set version is (also?) an option? Not trying to be difficult, just thought I'd ask...

Thanx!

Quick question: what are the size of these cards? If I remember correctly, they are oversized, right?

If they are oversized, wondering if a regular poker-sized card (2.5" x 3.5") set version is (also?) an option? Not trying to be difficult, just thought I'd ask...

Thanx!
I fear they would be difficult to read, as the current size is very readable, and they take up about as much room as a setup of cards.

This being my first go round, I don't think there would be a lot of extra effort to order them, but there may be some sort of MSQ to make it viable. Let me get through this first GB and I'll try to take note of viability of a second offering.

I know this isn't an interest thread, but I am going to post my interest here anyway, in case I lose track and someone is kind enough to remind me when the actual group buy happens.

I know this isn't an interest thread, but I am going to post my interest here anyway, in case I lose track and someone is kind enough to remind me when the actual group buy happens.
It IS an interest thread, I'm just taking advantage and asking for feedback and thoughts!

Interested in atleast one brother Bob!

Would love to see a Sviten card as even many veterans (which you have personally witness) have taken a liking to that variant!

Boo @ekricket ... I still own cans of fact spray and literally die laughing everytime I hits some retired folks in a hallway or stair well with it. But as you are aware I am about to turn 40... still haven't grown up and have zero intentions of ever trying. Potty humor can rub some the wrong way, but most people still find the word poop funny! Don't get old on me Kev! Poop emojis are funny damn it!

Happy 4th weekend brother!

I'm interested. I don't have any feedback off the top of my head right now, but should something occur, I'll circle back around.

I’m interested. I like the idea of “better” names for certain games. And I don’t mind paying extra bucks for extra cards either - do it up, I say.
Oh and don’t forget to order the tuck boxes!

I am interested in a few sets once they are ready for the group buy. I picked up one of the previous sets second hand and really liked how they turned out. They would definitely make a great gift or to have a backup laying around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom