Interest 3.5" x 5.75" Mixed Game Plaques on Plastic Card Stock v2 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow. This comes as a surprise cause I was expecting it to be closer to the last GB pricing. I do appreciate all your effort but unfortunately I’ll have to withdraw my interest.
I completely understand, The box adds about 15 bucks, and the additional cards adds another 6, and I think there has been a cost increase as well.

I wont need the box (I bought oversized boxes in a previous GB in anticipation of future additional cards.

This does seem unexpectedly high though. Waiting to see what the expected cost will be for the add-on set.

I wont need the box (I bought oversized boxes in a previous GB in anticipation of future additional cards.

This does seem unexpectedly high though. Waiting to see what the expected cost will be for the add-on set.
If there isn't much interest in the Core Set, I may or may not do an Add on. Ball park for the Add on will be around 42 + Shipping + ReShipping (no box)

Today should be a good day, I'll check these out and Re-Ship Monday / Tues (I hope, I'm selling my truck Monday =/) to one of the Reviewers. I'll try to post some pics

10/06/2022 06:10Out for Delivery, Expected Delivery by 9:00pm (Your item is out for delivery on October 6, 2022 at 6:10 am)

No pain, no gain. GO ICELAND!

In Iceland, you must *earn* your half of the pot by calling a $120 raise and fading the River when you have only one card. Icelandic is so much better in all aspects.

Your hand should be easily discernible from a fold, Icelandic does that.

Half the game is achieving a low via discards. So if you do it perfectly, and lose all your cards, you get penalized?

I also don’t understand why you need to have a card and make a big call risking losing it and losing the pot. That’s literally calling for maybe half the pot, which everyone here tells me is a -EV strategy.

I just think it turns an interesting two way game into an uninteresting one where it’s correct to just play for the high only and back into the low.

While we’re at it, I don’t love the kill Scarney where the top board goes away if the card pops on the discard board. A shitty pair often ends up backing into the high inadvertently.

Scarney is a super interesting game and involves a fair amount of hand reading but it’s the rare game that suffers from variations designed to artificially create action or suspense.

I just don’t like the “back into half the pot” aspect of the variants. They seem like bingo, even for circus games.

Take derailment - sure you can back up to making a board like you would double board or any other game, but the goal is still to have a powerful draw or made nut hand on at least 2 (preferably 3) boards - so there is still a ton of board contextual strategy here.

I do think however that we’d benefit from something that denotes a cardless live Scarney hand. Something like this…

View attachment 982522

Wanted to thank these guys for the 'Scarney Companion Card' ideal featured in the photo in the OP.

Nope, we are in process. I just got the sample set I purchased and I'm going to review, then send to reviewers. After I get the feedback I'll make edits and start a new GB thread

Okay okay one more

DB023406-39FC-49E4-BD86-2F546B4B804D.jpeg

Are the cards printed on both sides with the name in big font on one side and the more detailed steps/instructions on the other?

I'm still interested in this GB. So far loving the pictures and layouts posted. Any updates from reviewer 1?

I'm still interested in this GB. So far loving the pictures and layouts posted. Any updates from reviewer 1?
Great question, Reviewer 1 should have received the cards this past weekend, I didn't want to rush them. I'll reach out make sure they have received the cards =)

Great question, Reviewer 1 should have received the cards this past weekend, I didn't want to rush them. I'll reach out make sure they have received the cards =)
Received and is on the to do list =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom