Interest 3.5" x 5.75" Mixed Game Plaques on Plastic Card Stock v2 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I'm late to this but just wanted to throw my 2c out there. There is a tremendous waste in the current game lineup. There are 6 cards of pineapple variants where the only difference is when you discard your extra card. Especially the lazy pineapple where it's essentially super holdem but you can only use 2 of your hold cards. And then we have crazy pineapple 8 - why was crazy pineapple chosen for the split pot/low variant?

I think there should only be one pineapple card with a listing of the name change depending on when you discard instead of an individual card for each variant.

Pineapple - 3 cards down, discard after pre flop betting
Crazy pineapple - 3 cards down, discard after post flow betting
Very crazy pineapple - 3 cards down, discard after post turn betting
Lazy pineapple - 3 cards down, discard before showdown
Ludicrous pineapple - 4 cards down, discard one after post flop betting and one after post turn betting

IMG_3006.jpeg

I also think there should only be one "Hi/Lo' or "8" card which explains that the addition of the 8 to the name results in a split pot with lowest unique ranks A-8. And then there should be no more 8 variants printed. That would save another 6 cards. Literally the only difference is the 8 in the title and the last line of the instructions.

IMG_3008.jpeg

Then we can add true degen games like derailment, tic tac toe etc.

And most beginners get more confused about what makes a low or a 2-7 so a card giving more explanation on that rather than just "lowest unique ranks A-8" would be more helpful.

I'm in for 2 full sets...
can't remember if I was in on the 1st or 2nd GB of these so I'd need all the newer addon cards.

Don't care about PC names or not, just would like a list of the games where the names were changed to protect the innocent....

I know I'm late to this but just wanted to throw my 2c out there. There is a tremendous waste in the current game lineup. There are 6 cards of pineapple variants where the only difference is when you discard your extra card. Especially the lazy pineapple where it's essentially super holdem but you can only use 2 of your hold cards. And then we have crazy pineapple 8 - why was crazy pineapple chosen for the split pot/low variant?

I think there should only be one pineapple card with a listing of the name change depending on when you discard instead of an individual card for each variant.

Pineapple - 3 cards down, discard after pre flop betting
Crazy pineapple - 3 cards down, discard after post flow betting
Very crazy pineapple - 3 cards down, discard after post turn betting
Lazy pineapple - 3 cards down, discard before showdown
Ludicrous pineapple - 4 cards down, discard one after post flop betting and one after post turn betting

View attachment 978034

I also think there should only be one "Hi/Lo' or "8" card which explains that the addition of the 8 to the name results in a split pot with lowest unique ranks A-8. And then there should be no more 8 variants printed. That would save another 6 cards. Literally the only difference is the 8 in the title and the last line of the instructions.

View attachment 978037

Then we can add true degen games like derailment, tic tac toe etc.

And most beginners get more confused about what makes a low or a 2-7 so a card giving more explanation on that rather than just "lowest unique ranks A-8" would be more helpful.

I am literally uploading and working through the finished cards to vendor as I type.

I plan to add more cards as time goes on, I am happy to make a change to the format and organization of the information. I think right now there is enough interest in the cards to push through as I have them.

I previously posted a revised list of cards, not all of the cards are in the newer version, although I don't think it is up right now.

I plan to make two offerings, one that has all of the cards, and a second set that only contains new or changed cards, so that those that have previously purchased a set, doesn't need to re-buy the same cards.

I am happy for change and new stuff, not any time TOO soon, but I want to put together a 'Zombie Ball' set, and include things like route 66 and some of the crazier versions of omaha

I am wanting to get a QA set or two to get feedback, @Darson if I find where I can make changes in a reasonable time frame (Say a fortnight) I will, but I'll need feedback!

I know running a group buy like this is a lot of work and a thankless job so my intent was not to derail but more to consider those games that people like to play and enjoy rather that covering every variant. For example, I think I played pineapple once last weekend and only because it was chosen by someone who was not familiar with circus (and who never chose it again). I played derailment and dramaha zero countless times.

Perhaps some thought for the future - we have a vanilla deck with the simple games and an add-on "degen" deck with Route 66, derailment, tic tac toe etc.
-
In any case, put me down for 2 sets of the expansion pack.

I know running a group buy like this is a lot of work and a thankless job so my intent was not to derail but more to consider those games that people like to play and enjoy rather that covering every variant. For example, I think I played pineapple once last weekend and only because it was chosen by someone who was not familiar with circus (and who never chose it again). I played derailment and dramaha zero countless times.

Perhaps some thought for the future - we have a vanilla deck with the simple games and an add-on "degen" deck with Route 66, derailment, tic tac toe etc.
-
In any case, put me down for 2 sets of the expansion pack.

I try to be explicit and I know sometimes it can come across short, I don't mean to. I want these to be perfect and I like your idea, I'm not sure if its viable if it takes me another 40 hours and I have to come up with all of the bits on my own lol. If every one chimes in it could take a while to sort it all out.

The focus of these from the start was to add games to lure in the children looking for candy :eek:

I like a 'Degen pack' and I like the re-org of 8 or better into a single card.

I'll scrap my current break down for something more useful that I can build on.

I still offer 2 sets, an 'add on' set for those that don't want to re-buy new cards I've produced, but those that want to buy all of them might enjoy a different classification, base set and a degen set.

Let's list out basic games for a base set:
3 Hand Holdem
Super Holdem
Double Board Holdem
Very Crazy Pineapple
Lazy Pineapple
Ludicrous Pineapple
Pineapple Stud
Fusion
SHESHE
SOHE
BIG O
imPLOcean
Courchevel
Archie
Triple Draw lowball
Razz
Holdout
Tahoe P&R
Chicago
Oxford Stud

Or give me clearly degen games (I won't be adding any new cards for those that don't exist but I'll have a burn down ready to go when I want to make a new set)
Scarney
Sviten
route 66 (no card)
God's game / dbl board omaha
badacey
badeucey
derailment (no card)
Super Stud
Shodugi
Stumpler
Dra2maha
Dra2maha Zero
Dra2maha 49
cowpie
Kentrel
Thermonuclear Armageddon Pineapple
Chowaha
4 Card Chowaha

Last edited:
@Darson

Like this? What should the text read?

View attachment 978120

So here are my confusions:

1, the low needs to be 5 cards following the rules of the game you are playing (i.e. for Holdem 8 you can use one, two or none of your down cards but for Omaha 8 you have to use two of your down cards. For example, in Omaha if there aren't 3 unique cards 8 or below on the board, there is no low.

2, Aces are 1 for the lo (and high for the hi)

3, straights and flushes do not count to the low (the nuts is A2345)

4, a pair means you don't have a low, card have to be unique

5, the best low hand is that with the lowest high card (i.e. a low with a 6 as the high card is better than a low with the 8 as a high card). This really gets me sometimes. Someone has A2348 and they're beaten by 34567.

I try to be explicit and I know sometimes it can come across short, I don't mean to. I want these to be perfect and I like your idea, I'm not sure if its viable if it takes me another 40 hours and I have to come up with all of the bits on my own lol. If every one chimes in it could take a while to sort it all out.

The focus of these from the start was to add games to lure in the children looking for candy :eek:

I like a 'Degen pack' and I like the re-org of 8 or better into a single card.

I'll scrap my current break down for something more useful that I can build on.

I still offer 2 sets, an 'add on' set for those that don't want to re-buy new cards I've produced, but those that want to buy all of them might enjoy a different classification, base set and a degen set.

Let's list out basic games for a base set:
3 Hand Holdem
Super Holdem
Double Board Holdem
Very Crazy Pineapple
Lazy Pineapple
Ludicrous Pineapple
Pineapple Stud
Fusion
SHESHE
SOHE
BIG O
imPLOcean
Courchevel
Archie
Triple Draw lowball
Razz
Holdout
Tahoe P&R
Chicago
Oxford Stud

Or give me clearly degen games (I won't be adding any new cards for those that don't exist but I'll have a burn down ready to go when I want to make a new set)
Scarney
Sviten
route 66 (no card)
God's game / dbl board omaha
badacey
badeucey
derailment (no card)
Super Stud
Shodugi
Stumpler
Dra2maha
Dra2maha Zero
Dra2maha 49
cowpie
Kentrel
Thermonuclear Armageddon Pineapple
Chowaha
4 Card Chowaha

If you are plenty far along with this already, it may be worth carrying on as is (and adding the few you want) and saving the overhaul for the next time.

So here are my confusions:

1, the low needs to be 5 cards following the rules of the game you are playing (i.e. for Holdem 8 you can use one, two or none of your down cards but for Omaha 8 you have to use two of your down cards. For example, in Omaha if there aren't 3 unique cards 8 or below on the board, there is no low.

2, Aces are 1 for the lo (and high for the hi)

3, straights and flushes do not count to the low (the nuts is A2345)

4, a pair means you don't have a low, card have to be unique

5, the best low hand is that with the lowest high card (i.e. a low with a 6 as the high card is better than a low with the 8 as a high card). This really gets me sometimes. Someone has A2348 and they're beaten by 34567.
Welcome to the party! So how can I convey that in 3 or 4 lines that fit on the card?

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

* game rules apply, where you would have to play 2 from your hand and 3 from the community cards

Lowest Highest card in the low hand wins (not confusing at all!)

Honestly I'm not wanting to make these for kids i.e. people that have never played poker before, not even people that have only played holdem. I figure if a group of ppl find these cards it is going to be by way of a 'player' or 'one of us' and should be able to understand the low prior to breaking out the cards.

Add that straights and flushes don't impact the low. And reverse your example 76543 is better low than 8432A.

Little did I know that there is "London Lowball" where straights and flushes count against the low so the nuts is 6-4-3-2-A

I've also have that in the consolidated Triple Draw Lowball card as well

30B D Triple Draw Lowball.jpg
8OrBetter.jpg

I think we need more than one "alternate ranking" cards.
  • 8 or better
  • California Lowball (no 8 qualifier)
  • Kansas City Lowball or 2-7 (straights and flushes count against the hand)
  • 49 (max pips, face cards are zero)
  • zero (lowest pips, face cards are zero)
That way you can separate the mechanics of the game with the various rankings.

So in the example above, you have a triple draw card paired with a California Lowball or 2-7 card for the ranking. Similarly, we can have one Dramaha (orDraw2maha) paired with a 2-7 or 49 card for whatever variant we chose. This should allow people to play Omaha with any of the alternate rankings. Instead of just having one O8 card, why not O49 or O2-7?

I just thought of another one - DramaJack or Dramaha21 where you try to get as close to a 5-card 21 in your draw hand. I guess badugi is an alternate ranking as well.

So flush it out for me, Triple draw lowball, and then a second card with the details as to Lowest Ranked being Cali or Kansas city info?

So split it out what goes where?

-------
I think I follow on the O49, but O2-7 would be an actual game, but I guess you could do Omaha and the split would be the best low 2-7 no straight.

You have one card which is just Triple Draw.

Then the second being one of these:
  • Standard poker rankings (or no add on card)
  • 8 or better
  • California
  • Kansas City (2-7)
  • zero
  • Badugi

You have one card which is just Triple Draw.

Then the second being one of these:
  • Standard poker rankings (or no add on card)
  • 8 or better
  • California
  • Kansas City (2-7)
  • zero
  • Badugi
California is rhetorical at that point then, no?

how do I 'link' the two cards, just call the secondary card a 'Companion card' or 'rankings' card?

8OrBetterAlt.jpg

and then what note it on the face of the card?

11 F PLO Alt.jpg

Last edited:
Sviten is just a slight variant of Drawmaha. Basically if you take a single card on the draw it comes face up, if you don't like it you can redraw and the second comes face down... other than that it is regular Drawmaha.

We don't really need a card for it, would just be nice as we play this game A LOT!
According to this link: https://www.pagat.com/poker/variants/sviten.html Sviten is just Drawmaha

What you describe is referred to as "Sviten Special". Would be nice if our Scandinavian members can clarify!

California is rhetorical at that point then, no?

how do I 'link' the two cards, just call the secondary card a 'Companion card' or 'rankings' card?
California lowball doesn't have the 8 qualifier.

I guess rankings card is the most appropriate - essentially that's what all these variants are, different rankings.

I love this discussion and idea and grouping, I'm not sure how the community would take to it, with an expectation already set.

That said, I could always add bonus cards for the Rankings, and those that want to use it to explain games slightly different can. I'm not sure on the effort and or 'room', I wanted to get past the QA part of this within 2 weeks.

While I understand and appreciate the desire for efficiency, I would not want a modular set of cards like that. I would want one card per game that I'm spreading, with the name of the game prominently displayed in a single unambiguous headline across the top of the card, to be put on the table in a prominent spot where all can see it when that specific and exact game is being played.

But others should weigh in; I'm not the target audience for these cards (as I mentioned elsewhere, I have my own already).

While I understand and appreciate the desire for efficiency, I would not want a modular set of cards like that. I would want one card per game that I'm spreading, with the name of the game prominently displayed in a single unambiguous headline across the top of the card, to be put on the table in a prominent spot where all can see it when that specific and exact game is being played.

But others should weigh in; I'm not the target audience for these cards (as I mentioned elsewhere, I have my own already).
I tend to agree. It’s not like a few extra cards takes up too much space :)

I agree too - the ideal would be to have a card per game and for the more common ones this is what has been done.

I'm just raging against the pineapple.
-
But it would be cool to have a modular set for random degen - pick a game and pick a variant. Maybe dice?

I think this very well-articulated and very appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom