Interest 3.5" x 5.75" Mixed Game Plaques on Plastic Card Stock v2 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably interested in these, depending on how it shakes out and what games end up in.

RE: the idea of doing a core set and an expansion, is there any interest in making sure some of the more, uh, normal games appear in the core set? Like Five Card Draw, Seven Card Stud, Texas Hold ‘Em?

I was already contemplating making a deck for randomizing mixed game nights, and so this seems awesome for doing that, but I don’t know if I would get it if it doesn’t include regular games in the rotation as well. But, of course, majority rules on this one.

I vote for keeping both A-5 and 2-7 triple draw plaques, I also like drawmaha zero over 0
Would like to add razzdugi A-5 and 2-7

Interested.

@Ben8257 what is sviten

@andrebttx old decks have had normal games . I’m interested in keeping them if that is an option as well
Sviten is just a slight variant of Drawmaha. Basically if you take a single card on the draw it comes face up, if you don't like it you can redraw and the second comes face down... other than that it is regular Drawmaha.

We don't really need a card for it, would just be nice as we play this game A LOT!

Interested in 3 decks if v2, but really, really want them to follow the same formatting (colors, fonts, layouts, size).

I'm with @ekricket - if some juvenile names can be changed, then change them. People get hung up on the name scrotum. It is an interesting game, but a certain percentage of players will think you're calling a kitchen table game, and will follow it up by calling Follow the Queen, Baseball, or other stuff the rest of us quit playing when we were 12.

Probably interested in these, depending on how it shakes out and what games end up in.

RE: the idea of doing a core set and an expansion, is there any interest in making sure some of the more, uh, normal games appear in the core set? Like Five Card Draw, Seven Card Stud, Texas Hold ‘Em?

I was already contemplating making a deck for randomizing mixed game nights, and so this seems awesome for doing that, but I don’t know if I would get it if it doesn’t include regular games in the rotation as well. But, of course, majority rules on this one.
Yeah, I looked back and saw that past ones did have the normal games. Only problem for me, is I wasn't around for those, lol.
I wasn't either, there are a few changes I've listed in the table in the OP. I would NEVER produce a 'Hold'em' card!!! (I say that and I bold / italics it but who knows!)

I vote for keeping both A-5 and 2-7 triple draw plaques, I also like drawmaha zero over 0
Would like to add razzdugi A-5 and 2-7
Ty, dra2maha Zero is leading!
I may produce additional cards in the future, I'll keep these in mind.

Interested in 3 decks if v2, but really, really want them to follow the same formatting (colors, fonts, layouts, size).

I'm with @ekricket - if some juvenile names can be changed, then change them. People get hung up on the name scrotum. It is an interesting game, but a certain percentage of players will think you're calling a kitchen table game, and will follow it up by calling Follow the Queen, Baseball, or other stuff the rest of us quit playing when we were 12.
Well I have good news and bad news :):unsure:
The format, fonts, layout, size will all be the *same.

interest noted up to here

I vote for keeping both A-5 and 2-7 triple draw plaques

I totally agree, A-5 is the standard lowball game, usually in split pot games, and 2-7 is aka “Kansas City lowball.” Both versions are widely used and are tournament events at the WSOP.

I totally agree, A-5 is the standard lowball game, usually in split pot games, and 2-7 is aka “Kansas City lowball.” Both versions are widely used and are tournament events at the WSOP.
I use both and I think I had to modify them because of the single draw versions. Are there single draw versions available?

As for Scrotum: my group has taken to referring to it as Holdout based on this page I found a while back (though I've since realized that that variant is meant to feature a 2-card flop instead of 3, so doesn't quite match up with what I know Scrotum to be)
I too call it Holdout as I play with my family and want to keep it family-friendly. The game described on that page is for all practical purposes Scrotum, and was undoubtedly derived from Scrotum. Scrotum was an original game invented at a poker meetup, it later received a bit of publicity from a poker podcast. I'm nearly certain that Omega Gaming developed and received gaming commission approval for their variation after learning about Scrotum elsewhere.

; never heard/seen it referred to as Sabre. Any background/link to where that comes from, @inca911 ?
PCF member @Phantom calls his home game Blades, as a tribute to the gentleman's club of the same name in the James Bond novels (and has produced some amazing custom chips for it). He's renamed a couple of games to match the theme: "Rapier" instead of Pineapple, and "Sabre" instead of Scrotum. See https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/an-evening-at-blades.32230/ and elsewhere.

If people would prefer a family-friendly name for Scrotum, I'd recommend Holdout. The minor differences between the various rules for Scrotum (and there are at least a few such variants) and the Omega Gaming variant is of no importance; put the Scrotum rules on the card and use the Omega Gaming name.

I'm interested in two sets.

Also, for what it's worth, I was introduced to "Scrotum" as "Reno Low Ball". Glad we never never made the name change and is still called reno low ball to this day. :LOL: :laugh:

I use both and I think I had to modify them because of the single draw versions. Are there single draw versions available?
Kansas City Lowball is single-draw, 2-7.

California Lowball is single-draw, A-5. Often played with a Joker, but certainly not always.

Either game played with a triple-draw is best specified as "2-7 Triple Draw" or "A-5 Triple Draw". Just specifying "Triple Draw Low Ball" is probably a mistake, as it's ambiguous.

Do we have a time table on these? I’m itching to get mine. Thanks
Me too! I don't have a time frame on these, but I am working on them daily. I've made progress but I'm also looking for community feedback. I'm also trying to get some custom artwork for a few of the cards.

Kansas City Lowball is single-draw, 2-7.

California Lowball is single-draw, A-5. Often played with a Joker, but certainly not always.

Either game played with a triple-draw is best specified as "2-7 Triple Draw" or "A-5 Triple Draw". Just specifying "Triple Draw Low Ball" is probably a mistake, as it's ambiguous.
@CrazyEddie

Looking for your thoughts on this, do you think its good? (I know its looks a little blurry, it won't be that way, I'm looking for the over all setup / wording)

30 D Triple Draw Lowball.jpg

@CrazyEddie and here is the back side, is the 'Best Hand' Correct, and or any thoughts on edits?

30B D Triple Draw Lowball.jpg

Last edited:
@CrazyEddie and here is the back side, is the 'Best Hand' Correct, and or any thoughts on edits?

The text here isn't accurate. There's a difference between Ace-Five lowball and Deuce-Seven Lowball besides the ranks of the cards.

In Ace-Five (California), aces are always low and straights and flushes do not count against the hand. In Deuce-Seven (Kansas City), aces are always high and straights and flushes do count against the hand. That's why the best hand is 75432 - if it had an ace it would be a higher hand, and if it had a six instead of a seven it would be a straight and thus a higher hand.

Abby's cards have some compact, concise text which makes explicit what the winning hands are in each case:

Ace-Five:
Final Hand: Lowest 5 unique ranks (Ace is low); else, lowest 5-
card poker hand with Aces being the lowest pair. Straights
and flushes do not count against the hand.
Best Hand: 5432A

Deuce-Seven:
Final Hand: Lowest ranked 5-card poker hand (Ace is high).
Straights and flushes do count against the hand.
Best Hand: 75432 (no flush)

Having one card for both variations is fine, but besides just noting that the two different options exist, you'll need to make sure that you accurately and completely describe what both options are.

Also, "Draw 0-5" isn't always correct. Different house rules may specify different max numbers of cards to draw. That can have an effect on how many players the game can support and/or what procedures must be followed if the deck runs out while people still need to draw. Might be better to follow Abby's example and just call them "Draw #1", "Draw #2", and "Draw #3" and let everyone make their own house rules about how to manage the draws.

The text here isn't accurate. There's a difference between Ace-Five lowball and Deuce-Seven Lowball besides the ranks of the cards.

In Ace-Five (California), aces are always low and straights and flushes do not count against the hand. In Deuce-Seven (Kansas City), aces are always high and straights and flushes do count against the hand. That's why the best hand is 75432 - if it had an ace it would be a higher hand, and if it had a six instead of a seven it would be a straight and thus a higher hand.

Abby's cards have some compact, concise text which makes explicit what the winning hands are in each case:

Ace-Five:
Final Hand: Lowest 5 unique ranks (Ace is low); else, lowest 5-
card poker hand with Aces being the lowest pair. Straights
and flushes do not count against the hand.
Best Hand: 5432A

Deuce-Seven:
Final Hand: Lowest ranked 5-card poker hand (Ace is high).
Straights and flushes do count against the hand.
Best Hand: 75432 (no flush)

Having one card for both variations is fine, but besides just noting that the two different options exist, you'll need to make sure that you accurately and completely describe what both options are.

Also, "Draw 0-5" isn't always correct. Different house rules may specify different max numbers of cards to draw. That can have an effect on how many players the game can support and/or what procedures must be followed if the deck runs out while people still need to draw. Might be better to follow Abby's example and just call them "Draw #1", "Draw #2", and "Draw #3" and let everyone make their own house rules about how to manage the draws.
I think I ninja updated the card on you, does this look better?

30B D Triple Draw Lowball.jpg

It's hard to convey setting a max on the draw in such a condensed manner. I understand, I think others understand, but the primary goal is to help new players or forgetful old players ;) a quick primer on the game. I think it could go both ways.

Argument #1 - Yours, as you highlight it
Argument #2 - Draw#1 isn't descriptive enough how many can I draw?

The real rub is 2 things, 1) its going to be hard for me to fit more info on that card (by which adding a second card for Cali / Kansas might solve the issue), 2) and this is the 'but' for adding a second card, this thing is dragging on forever, and I'm trying to put the Hashtag DONE on it ;) haha

Thank you for the time and input, I really appreciate it, and the GB will be better for it!

Love the add on card that you guys are working on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom