"Big" PLO8 Hand Online - Biggest Pot in the Game for the Last 12 Months (1 Viewer)

I figured UTG was gonna show up with :as::5s:, but him having the clubs too, yowza!
This.

This is kind of the problem with going "top set nuts, POT" against 2 players that show no interest in folding. You have to imagine a good chunk of the time you are against both flush draws and some straight draws. We are far from a lock on high and don't have a low yet. So again, if we were heads up, we can totally go for it. But multiway? It's pretty sketchy.

YOU HAD ME UNTIL YOU ASKED @MatB FOR ADVICE

You're not ready for this level of poker..

Screen Shot 2021-10-28 at 5.03.24 PM.png

Sir.. please remove yourself from this thread..

"How to play JJ in $20 tournament" Strat thread is calling you

In big o u r always going against other big hands. double nut flush draw looks more scary that it is. many of his outs give u a chop. u have the best lo draw and the nuts right now. I still take ur hand. Get it all in and sleep well no matter what happens. And If a black 4 comes just blame the dealer.

Maniac knows a kd is coming or a 2

Yeah he’s in worst shape and with his hand I might have been calling and not raising

But…. Maniacs do what maniacs do.

No need for the attacks - just laying out the hand as I played for discussion.

With the pot where it was, I got over my #4 mentally and came to the conclusion that any of the A4xxx nut flush draw hands aren't folding if I jam now, and neither are the low or high wrap draws. Maybe set of 10s folds. That said, if the board pairs, I'm likely getting folds from everyone except if 10s continue, and so might as well get the money in now and maybe possibly get a fold from one player.

SB: ABC Player - $100
BB: Ultimate TAG, winningest player at the game - $100
UTG: Experienced player with shades of a calling station - $140
MP: Hero, blended TAG/LAG image - $220
CO: Skeptical player, overcalls because he is always sure he is being bluffed - $60
BT: Maniac, raises 85% of hands pre-flop in position - $170 stack

UTG flats .50

HERO looks down at :ad::3c::4c::jd::jh:

HERO FLATS .50
CO folds
BT pots to 2.25
SB folds
BB calls 2.25
UTG calls 2.25
HERO CALLS 2.25

POT is 9.25

Flop is :2c::3s::ts:

BB checks
UTG checks
HERO checks
BT pots 9.25
BB folds
UTG calls 9.25
Hero makes a stupid call because he's stuck like $200.

Turn brings the exact card someone called for, :2c::3s::ts::jc:

Pot is $37

UTG bets $15
Hero calls $15
Maniac raises to $50
UTG calls $50
HERO All-In for a little over $100 effective
Maniac snap calls
UTG tanks and calls

Hands table automatically on our poker mavens server on an all in:
UTG tables: :ac::as::5s::tc::kh: (Ok, makes sense, both nut flush draws and a wheel draw/second low draw
We still have: :ad::3c::4c::jd::jh:
Maniac button tables: :ah::2h::2d::9s::qs: (OESD on the top, bottom set, q high flush draw, ok...)

So we've got maniac drawing to 3 outs for a scoop, and 2 more outs for a split
UTG drawing to about as many cards as I am for the high or a split

Curious thoughts on others actions before I share the river.
My thoughts. Play 4 card. This game lets too many fish win. By adding a 5th card It takes away skills and some of my plays/knowledge/this game sucks unless you have one of the top 12 starting hands out of of 17 million possible or some of those hustler players drunk and deep.

My thoughts. Play 4 card. This game lets too many fish win. By adding a 5th card It takes away skills and some of my plays/knowledge/this game sucks unless you have one of the top 12 starting hands out of of 17 million possible or some of those hustler players drunk and deep.

I couldn't disagree with you more.

I agree with your disagreement - fish get smashed against scoop hands way more often in 5 card. In 4 card, fish's emergency lows and highs often still end up taking half by the river when the person was cripplingly behind post flop.

That's fine. You are also allowed to be wrong :)

The issue as said by others is, if you don't raise pre with this hand you are allowing multiple mediocre hands see a flop. Thats when you get stacked by someone holding 88xxx or 77xxx because they were allowed to see a flop for really cheap.
Keep doing that and you'll be posting a thread about how you are continually "ahead' of everyone but "they always get there"

Also... if you're not raising pre with this hand what are you waiting for? AA23Kds AAKK2?

What percentile do you or others think this hand is?

Below is for pl08 4 card - doesn’t directly correspond but I’d say ajj4 with a suited aces is pretty close to being equivalent.

http://www.propokertools.com/orderings/o8ordering.txt

A hand ordering for 10-handed omaha-hi/lo generated via an evolution program.
Hands are listed in descending order of profitability.
Cards of the same suit are listed in parentheses.”

It’s a bit better than 15th percentile and equivalent to the following hands (suited in brackets). It’s slightly better than A2s with a bunch of uncoordinated cards.

A(J2)5
A(QJ)3
(A7)(82)
(A8)(62)
(AJ)J4
(AQ5)3
A(32)2
(A2)J8
(A9)AJ
AAA7
(A9)K2
(A5)(73)

Obv 15% is good but (if you were talking about back raising) you’re not up against people who have any two but their ranges are way tighter than any 2.

It’s also not the same as raising in hold em - equities run pretty close pre. It’s really not a bad thing to let in those wonky mid pair type hands as those are the few hands that are actually major equity dogs, and the people who limp with them will end up getting dragged along trying to sometimes win half the pot.

If you’re pushing an edge here it’s a very small one because equities run pretty close to begin with, and if you actually think this is a soft game you’ll do way better having more behind.

I agree with your disagreement - fish get smashed against scoop hands way more often in 5 card. In 4 card, fish's emergency lows and highs often still end up taking half by the river when the person was cripplingly behind post flop.
The problem you didn’t recognize is the fish don’t fold and often are given too many outs. They just never fold at 33%. I pass on big0 when offered 4. PLO or PLO8 are still the greatest games in my book, and they won’t call with 33%; ship it.

Let's continue. Some of you are maniacs, too, in my opinion :) Hero feels his hand is very flop dependent and bloating a hand that is 'fit or fold' on the flop is a mistake. So hero flats.

Late in the night and only 6 people left, Big PLO8 (5 card PLO8) is the game. .25/.50, poker mavens online with my regular crew.

SB: ABC Player - $100
BB: Ultimate TAG, winningest player at the game - $100
UTG: Experienced player with shades of a calling station - $140
MP: Hero, blended TAG/LAG image - $220
CO: Skeptical player, overcalls because he is always sure he is being bluffed - $60
BT: Maniac, raises 85% of hands pre-flop in position - $170 stack

UTG flats .50

HERO looks down at :ad::3c::4c::jd::jh:

HERO FLATS .50
CO folds
BT pots to 2.25
SB folds
BB calls 2.25
UTG calls 2.25

Pot is 7.50

Action on HERO
Shouldn't pot be 2.75?

Preserves?
I'd say it's more likely jam than preserves.

From the innerweb'z:

Jam is a thick spread made from fruit juice, chopped, crushed, or puréed fruit, and sugar. ... Preserves are another thick fruit spread made from fruit cooked with sugar, but in this case, large pieces of the fruit, or the whole fruit (as in the case of berries), are suspended in a firm jelly or less-gelled syrupy base.

Preserves?

I'd say it's more likely jam than preserves.

From the innerweb'z:

Jam is a thick spread made from fruit juice, chopped, crushed, or puréed fruit, and sugar. ... Preserves are another thick fruit spread made from fruit cooked with sugar, but in this case, large pieces of the fruit, or the whole fruit (as in the case of berries), are suspended in a firm jelly or less-gelled syrupy base.
What’s the difference between jam and jelly?
no one at a meatup ever says “well this pot ain’t gonna jelly itself“

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom