"Big" PLO8 Hand Online - Biggest Pot in the Game for the Last 12 Months (2 Viewers)

MrCatPants

Full House
Reaction score
As with everything in a 5 card game, the more interesting decisions are on the flop and the turn. But we gotta get there first.

Late in the night and only 6 people left, Big PLO8 (5 card PLO8) is the game. .25/.50, poker mavens online with my regular crew.

SB: ABC Player - $100
BB: Ultimate TAG, winningest player at the game - $100
UTG: Experienced player with shades of a calling station - $140
MP: Hero, blended TAG/LAG image - $220
CU: Skeptical player, overcalls because he is always sure he is being bluffed - $60
BT: Maniac, raises 85% of hands pre-flop in position - $170 stack

UTG flats .50

HERO looks down at :ad::3c::4c::jd::jh:

Pot is $1.25
Action on HERO

so-so position. Non-nut low with some nut high chances. Not folding, but can't find a good reason to raise. Let's limp and let the maniac in the BB do the work. Why tip our hand?

Hero's continuation post flop is card dependent. No "two" on the flop, no diamond draw, no top set would be a good reason to fold post flop.

And yes, I am that sort of guy playing big O. Nut or near nuts hands are generally required when the pots are big. No way I am stacking off with the second nut low and/or some two pair hand. Patience, I'll get your money eventually.

so-so position. Non-nut low with some nut high chances. Not folding, but can't find a good reason to raise. Let's limp and let the maniac in the BB do the work. Why tip our hand?

Hero's continuation post flop is card dependent. No "two" on the flop, no diamond draw, no top set would be a good reason to fold post flop.

And yes, I am that sort of guy playing big O. Nut or near nuts hands are generally required when the pots are big. No way I am stacking off with the second nut low and/or some two pair hand. Patience, I'll get your money eventually.
Just because u raise pre does not mean you are going to stack off after the flop. In big o there is nothing wrong with showing strength pre. The beauty of 5 cards is that others will likely call to see a flop. No need to slow play any hand in this game. People will call. A hand with flush, wheel and Broadway draws is a great hand. Well worth a raise pre IMO. Get some money in the pot pre. Gamble a little. If you wiff, u can always release to a big bet post flop.

I generally prefer to keep pots small preflop and see flops multiway, although I also usually play high-only PLO.

I'd expect the button is going to raise given your description, if you believe you can get it headsup against him and want to limp repot (or pot if you believe he'll repot and others will fold) then I'm semi-ok with it, although we'll be playing out of position.

So I still lean towards a limp-calling line since Omaha games are so flop dependent.

I generally prefer to keep pots small preflop and see flops multiway, although I also usually play high-only PLO.

I'd expect the button is going to raise given your description, if you believe you can get it headsup against him and want to limp repot (or pot if you believe he'll repot and others will fold) then I'm semi-ok with it, although we'll be playing out of position.

So I still lean towards a limp-calling line since Omaha games are so flop dependent.
I totally agree that plo games including big o are post flop oriented, but u also need to know what u r up against going into the flop. If u flat and let maniac raise and everyone calls u have don’t know the strength of the hands the other nit bags are holding. By raising first u are signaling to the other good players that u have a hand. The maniac is going to call regardless. If the other guys call ur raise u know they have good hands. The other way, u need to RE-raise the maniac which means u need to put in even more money in pre to find out if the other good players have hands. Btw, I am fine with that approach too. I am happy to go to war with that hand pre. Banger time! Hahaha. And for the record, although I consider big o my primary game I gamble way too much to be a long time winner. So disregard everything I say if u want to win.

Based on the maniac left to act behind me, I'm probably flatting here to keep my hand concealed. I also don't want to be bloating pots with a maniac involved. We like this hand a lot, but given our position, we really want to see our key card (2) on the flop before we start losing control of the pot size.

Mind you, I'm a fish, so take this with a bowl of water :)

Let's continue. Some of you are maniacs, too, in my opinion :) Hero feels his hand is very flop dependent and bloating a hand that is 'fit or fold' on the flop is a mistake. So hero flats.

Late in the night and only 6 people left, Big PLO8 (5 card PLO8) is the game. .25/.50, poker mavens online with my regular crew.

SB: ABC Player - $100
BB: Ultimate TAG, winningest player at the game - $100
UTG: Experienced player with shades of a calling station - $140
MP: Hero, blended TAG/LAG image - $220
CO: Skeptical player, overcalls because he is always sure he is being bluffed - $60
BT: Maniac, raises 85% of hands pre-flop in position - $170 stack

UTG flats .50

HERO looks down at :ad::3c::4c::jd::jh:

HERO FLATS .50
CO folds
BT pots to 2.25
SB folds
BB calls 2.25
UTG calls 2.25

Pot is 7.50

Action on HERO

: ) You remember this hand. I think you looked away for a minute and came back and put "HOLY SHIT" in the chat.
Oh yeah—it was checked around all three streets and chopped four ways! ;)

pot the crap out of it and tell the banker to have a rebuy ready! Let’s play a big one, relatively speaking.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom