An interesting NLHE hand in a $200/$400/$400 ante game (1 Viewer)

I don’t think I’d ever fold a straight flush w only 3 of the connectors on the board, and my mind would be racing w/ a monster pot in play (regardless the high stakes, it’s a big hand in relation to blinds) AND the thrill having a straight flush.

But being able to read this on a forum, knowing the outcome and having zero emotion, the villian 3 bets you on the river right? Did I read that correct? How is he NOT doing that without a straight flush. Especially after he tanks and thinks it thru. And since you have the low, he must have the high. Your only call here is now hoping he is bluffing?

Thanks for sharing. Love when you guys post hand analysis. My memory is shit and I rely so much on instincts and luck tbh lol.

It happens a lot more than you think in real play. Here’s a hand that in post analysis, Andy should have been able to get away from.

It happens a lot more than you think in real play. Here’s a hand that in post analysis, Andy should have been able to get away from.

Totally. And again in the heat I would have called. Perfect example here’s pros/high limit players and it happened to them too w same result.

^Didn’t he also say in this hand post analysis via twitter he should have taken his time before calling (didn’t he snap call) and folded?

Last edited:
No way he's bluffing. But he could have the nut (non-straight) flush.
I don’t see how he tanks, and reraises. He wants a call. He’s not bluffing, and he doesn’t have the A high flush. If he’s raising w A high flush…

Krish going to call with the K high flush? No. A set? No. Certainly EITHER straight flush. He only 3 bets bc he wants a call right? Or it’s a bluff lol? So $65k to win $325k. And it’s probably a bluff maybe 1 in 10 times?

Once he 3 bet river after a tank, no emotion, thought it thru, no way he doesn’t have either straight flush.

And I’m just talking it thru, bc no way in hell I’m not calling too lol. It’s easy saying for me to say the right thing now lol.

He tanked for three minutes before betting on the turn.
But we’re talking about the river and a clearly thought out 3 bet. I wouldn’t suggest him tanking everytime is a tell that he has the nuts. Just it wasn’t emotional. He’s representing straight flush (and has it or is bluffing)?

@Windwalker still getting into PLO? Previous hand histories shared were PLO on the app. Love it.

I believe @moechar just shared some awesome PLO hand analysis from the WSOP and it was awesome. @Rhodeman77 killed w the comments as many of you PCFers. Such great content for us followers/readers. I probably should also shut up more!

It can never be a fold and (at my stakes) I’ll 100% jam the river. Maybe that’s bad but come on, only beaten by one other 2-card straight flush!

Just a horrible cooler

It can never be a fold and (at my stakes) I’ll 100% jam the river. Maybe that’s bad but come on, only beaten by one other 2-card straight flush!

Just a horrible cooler
The stakes matter though. I would bet the majority of the commenters so far would be fine losing $500-1000-even 5000 to such a cooler. But potentially $300000 is different. Which is why I would have opted to just call and count my blessings to have hit a straight flush (and the other guy can count their blessings he didn’t lose more).

In the first hand of this video how many people here would be able to lay down AA on the river with that runout if both players were deeper and V reraised Hero’s bet? At 5/10/20 or lower it’s just a cooler but what if it was for $100000-300000?

Actually, only calling the 3-bet and not fully doubling him up is the silver lining here.
Totally agree. Maybe I'm just garbage but if this was the initial assessment of our villain, there's zero chance I'm not jamming with the smaller straight flush giving him the full double up:

villain SS is $240K, up $140K.

Villain is TIGHT! Clearly not comfortable with the stakes, has shown down almost only premium hands, but has sunrun a bit recently, having callers with 2nd best hands. (2 set over sets, one K high flush over a Q high flush). Relatively predictable.
But also, I fold preflop. :sick:

The stakes matter though. I would bet the majority of the commenters so far would be fine losing $500-1000-even 5000 to such a cooler. But potentially $300000 is different. Which is why I would have opted to just call and count my blessings to have hit a straight flush (and the other guy can count their blessings he didn’t lose more).

In the first hand of this video how many people here would be able to lay down AA on the river with that runout if both players were deeper and V reraised Hero’s bet? At 5/10/20 or lower it’s just a cooler but what if it was for $100000-300000?
Of course, I use $300k to buy a house, not to jam rivers with. But I don’t think it means quite as much to the people at this table:

I'm posting a follow-up hand from last night with the same Villain. He came back to the same game, after having had his sunrun last week. First, how we ended last week's game:

- Villain in for $100K, out for $375k
- Hero in for $300K, out for $310K
- Host in for $600k, out for $230K

20 minutes in, stack sizes are relatively even to start.
Hero SS - $200K, Villain SS $100K, Host SS $200K
$200/$400/$400 BB ante.

Our read on V is still as being very tight, although he's loosened up his attitude a bit, after the big win last week.
Host is LAG.

Hero is in the HJ, V is in middle position, Host is on the button.

Villain raises to $1800 from MP. Folds to Hero in the HJ.

Hero has :ad::5d:.

Hero?

In a cash game I'll almost always call here. In a tournament not so much.
These are the hands that get you paid if you hit your two pair vs an AK or trip 5's or flush or wheel.

PS. glad to see you still ended up $10k after that horrific Straight flush vs Straight flush hand!

If i had read that sf over sf hand without the context how it came to be, i would bet with certainty that it was set up. I mean, thats a bad beat for the history books. Seeing that they couldnt possible know you'd be in preflop with it, makes me doubt that at least a little bit.

That A5d is a simple call in my book, mostly cause of position and the LAG and blinds behind you.

I'm posting a follow-up hand from last night with the same Villain. He came back to the same game, after having had his sunrun last week. First, how we ended last week's game:

- Villain in for $100K, out for $375k
- Hero in for $300K, out for $310K
- Host in for $600k, out for $230K

20 minutes in, stack sizes are relatively even to start.
Hero SS - $200K, Villain SS $100K, Host SS $200K
$200/$400/$400 BB ante.

Our read on V is still as being very tight, although he's loosened up his attitude a bit, after the big win last week.
Host is LAG.

Hero is in the HJ, V is in middle position, Host is on the button.

Villain raises to $1800 from MP. Folds to Hero in the HJ.

Hero has :ad::5d:.

Hero?

A5 sooted is a pretty good hand to 3-bet with to balance your 3-betting range, I’d make it 8k here.

Let's get this party started, a nice 3-bet to secure the button is in order. Anywhere from 3x to 6x of the initial raise, opting for higher on the scale given the last hand we saw this villain table.

OP - playing this big of stakes and not understanding basics preflop is a bit scary. Your 43s facing a gigantic open is a fold- especially if you think V is nitty.

The A5s hand is a great 3b, and you should try to implement a ton of 3bs from every position and limit calling to just the BU or BB. Then again - being a nit or wannabe pro will probably stop you from getting invited to a 200/400 game lol.

OP - playing this big of stakes and not understanding basics preflop is a bit scary. Your 43s facing a gigantic open is a fold- especially if you think V is nitty.

The A5s hand is a great 3b, and you should try to implement a ton of 3bs from every position and limit calling to just the BU or BB. Then again - being a nit or wannabe pro will probably stop you from getting invited to a 200/400 game lol.
He has no problem getting invited to or hosting the large games, padre.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom