"Big" PLO8 Hand Online - Biggest Pot in the Game for the Last 12 Months (1 Viewer)

I'd say it's more likely jam than preserves.

From the innerweb'z:

Jam is a thick spread made from fruit juice, chopped, crushed, or puréed fruit, and sugar. ... Preserves are another thick fruit spread made from fruit cooked with sugar, but in this case, large pieces of the fruit, or the whole fruit (as in the case of berries), are suspended in a firm jelly or less-gelled syrupy base.
Way to over-analyze what was already a crappy joke. ;)

fine-you-win-christy.gif

I score the hand this way:

Preflop - A. Hero's hand is an acceptable starting hand but fragile in that it is highly flop dependent. Position is ok. Hero doesn't really want to blow the pot too big - let's see a cheap flop and decide

Flop - Incomplete, let's give it a C+ if we have to grade it. Hero has a draw to a one way hand. Could be quartered, but is the nuts if it hits. Could also be counterfeited. Paying to draw here is negative EV on direct odds but maybe the field is weak enough that they will pay off with worse hands should Hero hit.

Turn - A Hero is pretty lucky here. There was only one "safe" jack in the deck and three off-suit fives. Hero catches good and then gets all the money in. As noted Hero has enough equity even vs pretty dangerous villains.

Undiscussed is the $140 heads-up side pot vs the maniac. That has the potential to be juicy.

Note that Hero needs to get the money in on the turn. So many potential draws will pay on the turn but not on the river - or - the draw hits and now Hero has to decide if he should pay off with his set.

Was the flop call right? This is hard to say, not knowing the villains. Risking $9 isn't the important part of the deal. It is how often does hero hit his low draw only to find himself quartered - there is a huge amount of money left to bet. Hero needs this to be multi-way, playing for half the pot heads up is a good way to get free rolled. < I would have folded, but I don't know the villains. >

Yeah but what happened?
After that many more hands were played.

Maniac went on to letter in wrestling his junior and senior year. He now works as an assistant manager at Blockbuster and is still dating Stacy.
UTG decided to move to Aruba and started a mobile Pina Colada business. He's doing great and working on his tan.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom