Best travel case for 200 to 300 chips? (1 Viewer)

JMC9389

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
I'm looking for a case to travel with that is durable, but am not really interested in the arts and crafts that would be associated with cutting up foam inserts in a Pelican or Apache case. What are my options here? The cheap aluminum cases are definitely a no go.

Pelican. It literally takes five minutes to pluck the foam; it is pre-scored/pre-cut. If it was any easier it would come with chips in it already. ;)

Pelican. It literally takes five minutes to pluck the foam; it is pre-scored/pre-cut. If it was any easier it would come with chips in it already. ;)

Has someone compiled a grid showing which Pelican (or other similar case) is best for 200, 300, ... , 1000, 1200, etc chips? I would love to find the best fit for 600-700. Right now I have 1400 in my Pelican and I can hardly lift it!

Pelican 1400. Can be found for cheap on amazon. Holds up to 700 (740 with two coin sleeves).

4CEF8475-AC8F-4524-96E2-F7608EF38CBC.jpeg

Check out this thread too:
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/best-mobile-case-city-living.16362/#post-292293

I think my issue with the pick and pluck foam is from my personal experience with firearms. The foam will break down and start picking away over time the more you remove and replace the weapon so I wonder how much poker chips would cause the same issues. I debated making one myself. I went the custom route and my case should be done in a week or so. I guess I'll find out then how much I love/regret it lol.

Yeah thats what I just did on mycasebuilder. I'm hoping it turns out well. I'll be posting pics when it comes in. It's setup for 1500 chips in PE foam in an AR case.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom