Best/Scrub Holloween Candy (1 Viewer)

I need to go look up the meaning of the quotes I use, I guess. Not what I was going for! :)

giphy.gif

Does Ben say that to you and all the sudden you just realized he's been saying he loves you all along?
Although I may have to totally reevaluate this now lol the more I've thought about it the more I never realized this and may have been wrong this whole time!! Haha what a life altering event :watching: thank you for this tidbit of knowledge!

OK, back to candy...

Best: Almond Joy, Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, Sprees
Gross: Anything with nougat (Baby Ruth, etc)

My parents buy a big tub of cheap matchbox car knockoffs most years.
Only cost like $0.30 per car, but kids go bonkers when they get to choose a toy.

In my neighborhood there is a dentist who hands out toothbrushes with his business info on them.:cautious:
The house right next door to him hands out full-size milky-way bars. :LOL: :laugh:

I don't do candy. They kids get so much from all the other houses that I find it boring. Since our neighbourhood is made up of acreage properties, the distance between the houses is large. So a few of our neighbours put on a hay ride taking the kids from house to house and we generally follow behind (drinking beer). By the time they get to our place it's usually getting dark.

Last year I bought a couple boxes of these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D62VF1W/ and the kids loved them!

This year I may do glow sticks.

Great thread! So many memories of Halloween, we used to use pillow cases and fill them up pretty high. What was interesting back then in the 80s was that you would get a lot of full sized (not king sized) candy bars. And some of them were the type you would never see in stores on a regular basis. Clark bars (made in Pittsburgh) and Fifth Avenue were similar to Butterfingers. Zagnut was made by the Clark bar company and had a slightly different texture. As I get older, I can't eat the chewy stuff and I gravitate towards dark chocolate.

I live near the Hershey factory, which produces some of the top brands including Reeses cups, twizzlers, kit Kat, Hershey bars. I highly recommend the factory tour and amusement park. Also, if you go to NYC,they have an M&M store and a Hershey store with some unique and newitems.

TL;DR :

Most popular : Kit Kat
Most hated : Bit o honey

Great thread! So many memories of Halloween, we used to use pillow cases and fill them up pretty high.
Pillowcases were officially the best trick or treating bags ever. None of this pumpkin bucket crap! You could literally fit hundreds of pieces of candy and it wouldn't even fall through the bottom. We felt like little bank robbers who got away with all the loot.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom