Bay Pony Cantina (2 Viewers)

Played with design a bit more. The feedback I've got here has helped this design a bunch. So is this an improvement?

1681443497599.png

1681443536113.png

Green is off. It’s really dark, low contrast on the art compared to the others (they all have a pop of bright to them).

What is the thought behind different edge spots? It would tilt me to have three the same and two not

What is the thought behind different edge spots? It would tilt me to have three the same and two not
The faces are different enough to help visually distinguish values. Can’t see the spots on top- so they’re really helping others count stacks.

My biggest issue here again is contrast. There are some dark colors all around, I suspect it will be hard to see the spots or distinguish between the higher denoms- which will make it easy to have dirty stacks in low light. I think some really bright and contrasting spots are called for here. I know you’re trying to pull from the face, but I think you could benefit from some contrast or it becomes a dark mess.

$500: try a really light blue vs what’s there
$100: kinda stuck here on what to swap the green with
$25: try a really light green and really light yellow (Silver Star style)
$5: try white & arc yellow style

The faces are different enough to help visually distinguish values. Can’t see the spots on top- so they’re really helping others count stacks.

My biggest issue here again is contrast. There are some dark colors all around, I suspect it will be hard to see the spots or distinguish between the higher denoms- which will make it easy to have dirty stacks in low light. I think some really bright and contrasting spots are called for here. I know you’re trying to pull from the face, but I think you could benefit from some contrast or it becomes a dark mess.

$500: try a really light blue vs what’s there
$100: kinda stuck here on what to swap the green with
$25: try a really light green and really light yellow (Silver Star style)
$5: try white & arc yellow style
I’m taking about the two different designs of edge art suits and then horseshoes

At one point I think I was going to have each chip have different edges (like DIA DE LOS MUERTOS that I took some inspiration from). That evolved to the lower denominations having the horseshoes and the higher ones the card suites. I think I will work on either making them all card suites or each having something different.

I will also see if I can get the colors on the 25 to pop better.

Thank you for the feedback.

$25 chip needs an action pic like all the others have. Two "horse only" pics stand out.

Last edited:
I really like the color changes to both the one and the 5
Maybe just swap her standing to the 1 chip since it's a lower denom and take the image from the 1 and move it to the 25
I know it's tough because you're trying to use some of your favorite images on the chips that will be most used
I think also all the other images have a small amount of color break on the face because they're in the arena/on sand maybe if she was standing in the arena it would pop/project a little differently

I really like the color changes to both the one and the 5
Maybe just swap her standing to the 1 chip since it's a lower denom and take the image from the 1 and move it to the 25
I know it's tough because you're trying to use some of your favorite images on the chips that will be most used
I think also all the other images have a small amount of color break on the face because they're in the arena/on sand maybe if she was standing in the arena it would pop/project a little differently
Precisely! It could just be something as simple as photoshopping in half a background

I think the 25 could use some more contrast, but looking better.

How are you feeling about the set?

Nope to B. Keep denom black. I think what other member meant was its entirely green. Maybe you need to add some yellow to that SPADES/HEARTS/CLUBS/DIAMONDS
background pattern maybe just one of the rings? The inner shape?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom