Bay Pony Cantina (1 Viewer)

I think I like this one even better:
1682380819935.png

Nope to B. Keep denom black. I think what other member meant was its entirely green. Maybe you need to add some yellow to that SPADES/HEARTS/CLUBS/DIAMONDS
background pattern maybe just one of the rings? The inner shape?
I was actually thinking black instead of adding yellow to give some contrast there

I feel like I'm nit-picking especially since this is YOUR set lol. But...denomination colors:
$1 = Blue
$5 = Black
$25 = Yellow
$100 = White
$500 = White
I feel they should either all be the same or all be different. Not sure if that means using Teal for the $100? You've used the color from outer text except on the $100

Also on the Action side of the $1 you should have some of the suits that are on the Horsehead side in the sky area as you've done on all the others

I feel like I'm nit-picking especially since this is YOUR set lol. But...denomination colors:
$1 = Blue
$5 = Black
$25 = Yellow
$100 = White
$500 = White
I feel they should either all be the same or all be different. Not sure if that means using Teal for the $100? You've used the color from outer text except on the $100
Funny, I was kind of playing with that idea this morning as I was making a couple small tweaks before I posted. What would be the most consistent would be to use the color from the words on the edges. Not sure that will work for the 500 though. Had to make a small tweak for it to work on the 100.

1682784717782.png

You really need to look at the spacing and curvature of BAY PONY CANTINA and WARNER SPRINGS, CA.

They’re still not consistent, it’s the first thing I notice on chips. Look at the B in Bay and the last A in Cantina. They’re not the same distance from the inner circle. And the entirety of Warner Springs, Ca is closer to the inner circle than Bay Pony Cantina.

Also, I think it’s been mentioned before but the denom behind the horses head looks super odd. I would suggest making the size of the text just a little bit smaller so it doesn’t get covered up by the horses face.

The inner circle on the chips needs to be looked at as well. It’s not consistent either. Maybe that’s what you’re going for? Just looks odd to me. It’s not spaced the same all the way around. And the horses head just looks slapped on there.
phonto.jpeg
IMG_5599.jpeg
IMG_5600.jpeg
IMG_5601.jpeg

I would highly suggest hiring a designer to nail this down for you.

That’s the nicest image of the cantina yet. Not sure why you haven’t used it until now. Solid cropping and adding, btw

That’s the nicest image of the cantina yet. Not sure why you haven’t used it until now. Solid cropping and adding, btw
To tell the truth the first version of this had the same image for both sides. Then I decided it should have heads and tails if it was a Challenge "Coin". :cool So I walked out and snapped a pic of the cantina. This set has kind of been more about my pony then the cantina but I like the way the image came out.

Inkscape, putting text on a path and adjusting the kerning seems way more difficult then what I remember with Corel Draw back in the day.

These alignment issues are driving me mad. :cool Better?
View attachment 1130165
Looks 1000% better now. BUT (you’re gonna hate me)… Your spacing is off with your words now. Less space between “Bay and Pony” than there is between “Pony and Cantina.” Same with “Warner and Springs” and “Springs and CA”. To me, the outer part of a chip needs to show some type of symmetry that will hold the rest of the chip together.

Think of it like a movie and each part of the chip needs to have its own little story arc that makes the full chip make sense and come together. When that’s out of balance the rest of the chip will look awful. Just my opinion.

Also, since I’m here, speaking to symmetry. Have you considered something like this? I think it could work better than just going all the same direction around the chip.

IMG_5795.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks 1000% better now. BUT (you’re gonna hate me)… Your spacing is off with your words now. Less space between “Bay and Pony” than there is between “Pony and Cantina.” Same with “Warner and Springs” and “Springs and CA”. To me, the outer part of a chip needs to show some type of symmetry that will hold the rest of the chip together.

Think of it like a movie and each part of the chip needs to have its own little story arc that makes the full chip make sense and come together. When that’s out of balance the rest of the chip will look awful. Just my opinion.

Also, since I’m here, speaking to symmetry. Have you considered something like this? I think it could work better than just going all the same direction around the chip.

View attachment 1130732
We figured out the alignment issues, so all paths and circles can be set appropriately.

I do like the everything reads up approach- but that creates more pesky alignment issues. ;)

I need to check out Inkscape and see what all the fuss is about. I just use an app on my phone for everything ha
Inkscape works, but I found it frustrating and ditched it a while ago (might just be the Mac version, but it always crashes on me). I find Vectornator to be a great option for the Apple ecosystem- works across phone/iPad/Mac. They also have a robust set of tutorials, which have been key to me becoming a lot more proficient with it.

I must be a glutton for punishment, but here is another proof set. I tweaked the text quite a bit. Slowly learning how to control things a little better with the software. It has some strange quirks and does crash every now and then. Given the price (free) it is actually pretty good.
1683418129935.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom