Bay Pony Cantina (1 Viewer)

megabit

Pair
Reaction score
I am wanting to build a custom set (even thought the old lucky bees and diamonds get the job done :cool) I have a cantina on my property and want to make a chipset that uses that name and a picture of my horse. Back in the day when I labeled the lucky bees I did my own design work in Corel Draw and printed the labels. I am not finding InkScape to be nearly as easy for me to use. Don't want to spend the money on AI for one project. I have some pics I think of my horse I think could work out good for the inlays. Not sure on ceramic card molds or maybe china clays. Is there anyone selling sample sets of the card molds?

Anyone have suggestions on how to proceed? Maybe a designer I could hire?

Thanks,

Mike

1663465763089.png

1663466022590.png

1663466060168.png

1663466099839.png

1663466132831.png

Have you considered CPC's on the horse head mold? The small features of the bridle etc on each head on the border is a really nice detail. Or would these be relabeled for your lucky bees? As a fellow horsemen I can appreciate the name "The Bay Pony Cantina". Have you also considered a simplified "The Bay Pony" as the main name and possibly cantina in sub text or just "the bay pony"?

Have you considered CPC's on the horse head mold? The small features of the bridle etc on each head on the border is a really nice detail. Or would these be relabeled for your lucky bees? As a fellow horsemen I can appreciate the name "The Bay Pony Cantina". Have you also considered a simplified "The Bay Pony" as the main name and possibly cantina in sub text or just "the bay pony"?
I think the CPC are beyond my budget, would love it but don't think I can spend that much. Could drop the cantina to a subtext.

I think the CPC are beyond my budget, would love it but don't think I can spend that much. Could drop the cantina to a subtext.
Ok then ceramics domestic or foreign cards molds may be a similar cost to 2x labels per chip. I have 1100 lucky bees also but have never labelled them due to the cost being consistently more than cheap customs or alternatives. There great chips but your in about 20-30 cents per label delivered. Approx .39cents for cards mold customs

Not really looking to do labels this time. The ceramics pint the design, right? I still have some blank labels somewhere so I could print up if I decide to go that way. Seem like the CPC's are close to $2 per chip. I can't spend a couple of grand on chips for my $.10/$.20 home game.

Not really looking to do labels this time. The ceramics pint the design, right? I still have some blank labels somewhere so I could print up if I decide to go that way. Seem like the CPC's are close to $2 per chip. I can't spend a couple of grand on chips for my $.10/$.20 home game.
Cards mold is the way to go. Full custom. 1000 chips for roughly $400-$450 shipped is hard to beat.
B4993B51-D057-4056-8AAA-ABDE794DBE34.jpeg

I can't spend a couple of grand on chips for my $.10/$.20 home game.

Can't or won't? Your theme is perfect for the CPC Horsehead mold!!

There are ways to minimize costs:

- solid fracs
- hot stamps maybe
- efficient breakdowns
- sticking to low level spots.

In the interim, a cards mold set would be great.

Last edited:
BRPro has resources that will help you with design work, for really affordable rates.

Just a quick little design I did using one of those pictures you uploaded. Can give you an idea of what's possible.

Of course playing with the font for "Bay Pony Cantina" and the denom would take it a step further. Maybe making the center picture slightly smaller too.

5d9374f2-858d-4007-bade-8cf44305a28a.jpg

Or something like this, I'm having fun right now.

1bef7c22-0245-4e54-9f3f-7ff712144083.jpg

Last edited:
Just a quick little design I did using one of those pictures you uploaded. Can give you an idea of what's possible.

Of course playing with the font for "Bay Pony Cantina" and the denom would take it a step further. Maybe making the center picture slightly smaller too.

View attachment 988886

View attachment 988895
Okku, that rocks and is headed it a very good direction.

View attachment 988886

View attachment 988895
I'm really loving this idea. You're looking at some serious dirty stack issues between with the 1, 25, and quarter pie 100. Try not to use repeating colors in chips, especially if they're similar spot size. If you had a stack of 25's, it would be pretty easy to hide a 1 and a 1/4 pie in the middle.

Okku, that rocks and is headed it a very good direction.
Good start, I made some CPC designs using the design tool on their site then did the $ math and rethought everything. My entire set is made of level 1 designs except my quarter which is a solid. This kept costs to a manageable level.

My suggestion before was for a cards mold set, perfect budget set and the quality is really good. Some members have had great results with full face cards mold chips re:recent Guardinia set. The price given above of $400-450 delivered is very realistic.

Agreed with the dirty stacks on those colors but damn I'm loving this theme!!

Also love how her bridle has the four suits on it. If you've been playing cards in your cantina you could have something like:

"The Bay Pony"
"Cantina ~ Card Room"
"Est. YYYY"

Why not match the font on the sign of the cantina (edit I guess you're going for that)?

The painting is absolutely the base image to use - looks really good.

Maybe making the center picture slightly smaller too.
A little bit I agree - however much is needed to leave some space between it and whatever the text ends up as.

... and you've given me an earworm :D

I want to play poker there! Amazing!

I wanna play there too, but I'm a poker chip snob so let's talk about the CPC budget before I invite myself ;)

8 players, .10/.20 no limit, $20 buy ins, 3 buy ins per player on an average night (make it 4 buy ins/player just in case)? 1K could get you something like:

100 x .10 solid = $152
200 x .50 level 1 spot = $388
100 x $1 level 1 spot = $194
100 x $5 level 1 spot = $194

Is a $710 bank and almost $90/player enough for your group?

Hope my maffs is right without using Excel...

I think I found a good font. Texas Tango. I really don't like Inkscape much. Okku could you PM me about doing the artwork. I have a pretty good idea of what I want, although still not sure on spots and colors yet. Those horse heads sure do look nice but damn that is a lot of money.

1663719837764.png

Been playing with the CPC chip designer too. I like traditional Vegas colors. White = 1, Red = 5, Green = 25 and Black = 100. Currently just playing .10/.20 but that still works the 1 = 1 dime... So the chips can do double duty. :)
1663720115169.png

I think I found a good font. Texas Tango. I really don't like Inkscape much. Okku could you PM me about doing the artwork. I have a pretty good idea of what I want, although still not sure on spots and colors yet. Those horse heads sure do look nice but damn that is a lot of money.

View attachment 990462

Been playing with the CPC chip designer too. I like traditional Vegas colors. White = 1, Red = 5, Green = 25 and Black = 100. Currently just playing .10/.20 but that still works the 1 = 1 dime... So the chips can do double duty. :)
View attachment 990464

For reference
Your $5 design is a level 5+ check the price list for reference. Lvl 1 is certain designs 1 base 1 edge spot, lvl 2-3 includes some more designs then 4+ starts incorporating multiple colors.
Next would be how to make your breakdown.
.10-100
Either .25 or .50 (.50 makes more sense with .10/.20)-100
1-160
5-140
25 or 20- 40
100- 10
500 to 550 chips

The front looks good

@FordPickup92 another Horse Lover! Awesome thread!!

Personally when given the choice between cards molds and BR Pro ceramics even at about double the price I would choose BR Pro 100%... you get what you pay for as they say!

Steve!! @chipinla he clearly stated he wanted to incorporate his Horse... Ihave reviewed each of the pictures of that beautiful animal and In know way does the Horse Resemble a Sombrero?? Lol

@FordPickup92 another Horse Lover! Awesome thread!!

Personally when given the choice between cards molds and BR Pro ceramics even at about double the price I would choose BR Pro 100%... you get what you pay for as they say!

Steve!! @chipinla he clearly stated he wanted to incorporate his Horse... Ihave reviewed each of the pictures of that beautiful animal and In know way does the Horse Resemble a Sombrero?? Lol
038E9B52-C32B-49B8-9A47-35E4D051F689.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom