Alternatives if a custom button didnt exist. (1 Viewer)

muggles

Pair
Reaction score

Just wanted to share the idea.
Some carbon transfer paper,
Wooden disc,
And soldering iron.
Tadaaa

@ReallyGoodUsername @Balanar

@Tommy i meant to post this in poker chip general if you could help move this that would be great. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Last edited:
Looks very cool and fits the theme quite well. Still not sure how you did it. Did you draw everything by hand with the soldering iron?

That's fantastic. We have one of those things at work (they call it the Brennpeter). Looks like I have a new project :)

Looks very cool and fits the theme quite well. Still not sure how you did it. Did you draw everything by hand with the soldering iron?

Print the logo out, place carbon paper over the wood, put the print over and trace it will leave the print on from the carbon paper on the wood (can google how to use carbon transfer paper if im not clear). Then use the soldering iron and carefully burn over the tracing into the wood. You dont need a particularly steady hand just slowly do it carefully.

To be honest i dont know the wood. I dont have a drill so i cant cut my own circles and it was the only circular wood pieces i could find online. But any type of wood should work as well.

Still a WIP. A single disc might be a little light as a button so i placed a washer in the middle and glued them together. Once thats done ill round it off best i can and apply a protective clear coat. Of course if you had a bench drill or can buy perfectly round discs thats the best but I just made do with what i could readily buy.

Sweet! There will still be custom buttons after the apocalypse. :LOL: :laugh:
But that is pretty neat looking. And far better than using an actual hockey puck.

Best I could do given the tools and materials I have. Pretty much did it in half a day on and off. I think a nicely cut disc and some real woodworking skills would make a much better button unless you really like the raw feel. The weight feels pretty good w the washer inside. So there you go!

Last edited:
Very cool! I thought about making my own plaques at one time but it seemed futile. This was very creative and looks great. Nicely done.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom