A6s, OOP 5 handed (2 Viewers)

but the call can only mean a few things number 1 on the likely hand list is - the flush draw - 2 is ace X ( and the X is important) or set Maaaayybeee or if its really lose game he got in with rags and could be a str8 draw ( I was taken for a huge amount by 37 off versus my AK. I raised 4* BB pre flop Hit the Ace on flop so i pushed and got a call another rag pushed again call. then the river was a 6. rainbow board i pushed all in and villain calls with a str8. which he got his gutty on the river. Now i wasnt geiving him 11 to 1 to call on the turn but he called anyway. with 37 off. but i digress...)

You aren't getting him off a str8 or a flush draw. So your only option is to make him pay for the pleasure. - its late so the calling reflex is high and above all really your hand is pretty vulnerable.

Going for value is suicide in this situation. Remember he called the flop. In low stakes that is a RED flag!

but just an opinion id still go with my option 3 - what you should have done once you find out what the villain has after you jammed.

Let's just say Hero and the crew at PCF are thinking different things - totally different things. Which was way I posted the thread - the sizing of the turn bet. Hero is wondering how much A-rag / 99 / Q5 hands can be charged. . . . PCF is thinking charging the draw full price.

*** Results ***

Hero bets $125, villain calls. $465 in the pot, effective stacks $117

River: < :ah: :5s: :6h: > :8c: :qs:

Hero bets "same bet" or $125 and villain folds :kh: :7h: face up.

Opps - Hero could have gotten it all if he had asked nicely on the turn.

DrStrange

PS Hero's plan was targeting weak aces and making callable bets. But in the process he ended up not charging the flush draw enough and the unexpected combo-draw was making money on the call.

Villain was getting better than 2:1 with 17 outs? Would hero have made the same play if he was covered? Could have been really nasty under different circumstances if the draw plays out with a big stack behind it, unless hero plans to check-fold any heart, 9 or 4. So much variance playing these ATC sticky villains...

Hero's play was designed to capture a $250 stack on the turn presuming villain holds a one pair hand - really specific plan for just this one case. In hindsight poorly played.

Hero bets bigger on the turn vs a deeper stack.

I doubt Hero check/folds the river if the villain makes the price good - too many times villain is tabling a single pair or weaker two pair.

We love variance when it goes our way! -=- DrStrange

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom