A Glimpse Inside the Goldfish Bowl - poker analysis, pr0n and random thoughts (2 Viewers)

now just a solid for a frac and you can lock the set up!
What about these? will they clash too much with the red 5s?
45861D0A-4917-4056-9DAD-39E5FF24467B.jpeg

they definitely work! plus you don't have to relabel!

do you have a rack already?
Nope. I was afraid the orange would not mesh well with the red. But now I am thinking they will be fine.

Calling all CPC experts……..

Given that my debut back into the circus limit arena wasn’t a complete disaster, I am thinking of doing it more routinely. But then I realized I do not have a set of chips to accommodate that game! Unbelievable that I have 8 sets but none capable of handling a limit game. What is a chipper to do?? I think this is a perfect opportunity to look into a CPC set, especially after seeing the fantastic sets that @Eloe2000 and @JeepologyOffroad (and many others) created.

so, first question - I know the A mold is probably the fastest to get and has a 44 mm option (which is very appealing to me), but do the different molds have different feels (heavier or lighter)? as I understand that CPCs generally are lighter than Paulsons, I would be looking for a mold on the heavier side. Which molds should I focus on?

Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

Given that my debut back into the circus limit arena wasn’t a complete disaster, I am thinking of doing it more routinely. But then I realized I do not have a set of chips to accommodate that game! Unbelievable that I have 8 sets but none capable of handling a limit game. What is a chipper to do?? I think this is a perfect opportunity to look into a CPC set, especially after seeing the fantastic sets that @Eloe2000 and @JeepologyOffroad (and many others) created.

so, first question - I know the A mold is probably the fastest to get and has a 44 mm option (which is very appealing to me), but do the different molds have different feels (heavier or lighter)? as I understand that CPCs generally are lighter than Paulsons, I would be looking for a mold on the heavier side. Which molds should I focus on?

Whatever mold you choose, order blank chips for @Josh Kifer to stamp. :)

Opinions are great and all, but this venture is going to start and end with you needing samples as a reference point.

My personal favorite molds are diamond-square and circle-square, but there are at least 5+ really great options depending on your theme and what you're going for.

The regular 39mm A mold is the only one that is always running. The 44mm mold only runs rarely, not even every year.

If you prefer heavier chips, then you’ll want to stick to the colors that have brass flecks added for weight. This excludes all the dayglow colors and bright white. However, you could still use those colors for edge spots and not sacrifice too much.

The molds themselves are not going to have noticeable weight differences in my opinion.

If I was doing a CPC limit set I would go non-denominated and pick two colors. Get like 2,000 of one color and maybe 200 of the other. Then, you can make the limit whatever you want it to be. $1/$2/$10 etc depending on your preferred stake that game.

The molds definitely do have different feels to them. Get mold samples. Don't bother getting samples of the ones that don't appeal to you visually - a mold that feels good but looks bad is useless. Email David Spragg and ask if he can sell you five or ten samples of each of the molds that interest you so you can shuffle and fidget with them.

The entire SB lineup has really grown on me since it’s release. I didn’t initially care for the fracs or the $20s, but now I really like how this set looks across the board. I dare say that I almost like it as much as my Big Tops.
I will say that I like the sb $1s a lot more now that I see them in person. I do Like the sb $20s a lot because they are different.

Yet another relabel project in process. This one will rival my animal house set, and will be my swan song for relabel projects (well, until I get another idea). I was looking for a psychedelic line up to go with the inlay … I am not worried about the .25c and the 1ks being the same color as there is absolutely no chance those chips will be in play in the same game. Denominations are .25c (orange), $1 (blue), $5 (yellow), $25 (green), $100 (charcoal), $500 (purple), $1k (orange) and $5k (pink).

All thoughts are welcome……once the murdering process begins there is no turning back.
00D78E64-17F8-4E85-BD45-3504E4B64EAC.jpeg

A6FEB0DA-3EC7-482F-852E-D391C391D8E1.jpeg

DD8C4615-0AFA-48E9-9865-68EFA98C8B03.jpeg

20E04A71-5433-4303-9AB4-5AA13868E79E.jpeg

Attachments

• CCF584F0-B21D-4B1C-A224-5BB236B67EB3.jpeg
    CCF584F0-B21D-4B1C-A224-5BB236B67EB3.jpeg
    223.1 KB · Views: 67
  • B48EC372-1A99-41BE-9188-07728E4ED9D6.jpeg
    B48EC372-1A99-41BE-9188-07728E4ED9D6.jpeg
    138.4 KB · Views: 75
  • D21E96E7-64EB-4922-A8BF-F196F9680961.jpeg
    D21E96E7-64EB-4922-A8BF-F196F9680961.jpeg
    164 KB · Views: 60
Sorry dude, D is a no go, repeating spots right next to each other. The deuce is awesome but doesn't fit where you have it.l in any of the lineups. Just my opinion. C starts off Cali and switches but I might like that the most.

Ok folks, do like option A or B better. Do a love reaction for option A and a funny reaction for option B. As always feel free to comment.
OPTION A
View attachment 937885
OPTION B.
View attachment 937886
I’ve actually been really vibing with more downplayed line ups recently and feel the 3 colors and more neutral base here actually cap the set super nicely so I voted B

I also think the hundo in A somehow makes rhe $25 look worse. I think the green/yellow spots on the $25 and $100 don’t compliment each other

C for me. I don't like two blaze chips in the same lineup even if they're two different sizes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom