60" Round Farm Table Build (1 Viewer)

cr8ton

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I had posted this over at PMC but was a very recent build, figured I'd share with you boys too.

The wifey wanted a farm table and I couldn't bring myself to spend $600-700 on one so I built it for $150.

We decided to make it counter height rather than low like a normal dining table....torched the wood before staining

4qrBJRb.jpg

iBxnL1O.jpg

gcL6ea7.jpg

BQLWQjZ.jpg

77fW6dn.jpg

CzaHCnE.jpg

biRv5xf.jpg

Hq1Qlvd.jpg

cijELBd.jpg

iTWzPJy.jpg

a288DuF.jpg

I torched (propane torch) the wood before staining...I wish I would have taken a pic with the whole thing burnt, it was pretty cool looking.
91VFiS2.jpg

After stain and poly
ZLXa3Tb.jpg

Close up of grain after burning and stain
1HbnHC4.jpg

Table top burning and stain
xjWXxIM.jpg

O5XecMI.jpg

BjnSims.jpg

The final space....the wifey is happy. Made the lazy susan also, no pics.
RV8Lwuz.jpg

Pretty awesome! I'm always very envious of people who have the skills and patience to build things like this. Well done!

Saw this on PMC, and am very happy to see it again. Turned out beautiful. I know from experience how difficult it is to make a solid round table top and commend the effect and execution.

Topless table staining?!

Fantastic looking final product. Very nice!

I like the leg design. Did you plane the boards before joining them?

We decided to make it counter height rather than low like a normal dining table.

RV8Lwuz.jpg

Looks normal dining table height... Am I missing something?

Are the top board just glued? How did you join them?

Are there two skirts, then? Is there a visible seam?

Looks amazing.

Biscuit jointer and glue looks like to me for the top piece. You can see the biscuit cuts in one of the photos.

Very nice. I just put a new top on my patio table, but wish I would have seen this thread first. You have some great tips you can impart upon us novice table builders.

Looks normal dining table height... Am I missing something?

Are the top board just glued? How did you join them?

Are there two skirts, then? Is there a visible seam?

Looks amazing.

The overall height of the table top is 36" tall not 28" - 29" like normal dining tables.

There is only one skirt....the seams and the kerf cuts I filled with wood putty and sanded(twas a big bitch)....they are seamless and can't tell.

I like the leg design. Did you plane the boards before joining them?

I love the way the base turned out.....did not plane anything, just sanded really well. It has it's flaws but that's part of it's beauty.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom