50th Birthday Dinner In Vegas (1 Viewer)

Best steak I ever had was a chili crusted ribeye with roasted red pepper truffle butter! The restaurant took it off the menu but after inquiring why it was removed, the chef came out and said all I had to do in the future was to request it a couple of days in advance of our reservation and he’d make sure he got the ingredients to make it for me! He gave me his business card and told me to call him directly. Aces in my book!

First of all happy birthday! Good decision on your choice. For future reference, and to add to the info on the thread, I strongly agree with the previous posters who recommended CUT - truly one of the best dining experiences ever. Also, highly recommend SW at Wynn.

Enjoy the trip!

I am not a fine dining kind of guy, so I have no good recommendations. However, seeing that many people recommend Gordon Ramsey....does it not bother you that this guy has made a name for himself at being one of the cruelest people on TV? That would be on my mind the whole time I was there.

If he's using diamond points then def go to Gordan's. If you end up wanting to go to another place while you are on your trip, I would suggest The Steakhouse at the Circus Circus. I was pleasantly surprised by that place.

+1 for the Steakhouse at Circus Circus. Also enjoyed meals downtown.

If I was offered a free meal at Ruth Chris, I wouldn't say no, but admittedly would not be any more excited than I would if offered a free meal at McDonalds. Then again, I can cook a steak (or burgers) at home. YMMV.

I haven't eaten at GR Steak, but have eaten at GR Burger, and it was quite good.

...now if you are going with buddies, Treasure's has a pretty good steak, and the waitstaff is wayyyy easy on the eyes. :whistle: :whistling:

Enjoy your birthday!

Does he eat anything other than steak? Could be some better choices that he could use his points on.

Happy Birthday!

Super late to this party, but agreed with @Payback on the Mon Ami Gabi recommendation. We ate there in June and the meal was outstanding.

Also HBD from the 50+ club!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom