43mm Project Discussion (12 Viewers)

Here are some more chips. The red chip is supposed to be pink. It will be fixed and in two days the rest of the set should be done.
If anyone wants to put Majestic labels on these that will be fine. You will have to order labels from one of the vendors here.
Royal chip .jpg

I thought you hated red chips with blue spots! :D
Typically, I do. I think the Red is far enough off red, and the blue is very light, to it does not cause the light/spectrum shift normally experienced with true Red/Blue.

I also usually relabel everything with Zombies, but these are shaping up to be different.

Last edited:
Here is the full set. A couple of these need to be worked on. The pink and dark blue will see some changes. I should have the actual prototypes next week so I can take better pictures and see what type of changes need to be made. So far the chips are looking great.

royal425.jpg

Last edited:
Here is the full set. A couple of these need to be worked on. The pink and dark blue will see some changes. I should have the actual prototypes next week so I can take better pictures and see what type or changes need to be made. So far the chips are looking great.

View attachment 280369
I must admit I'm shocked to see how good those colours look. I had zero interest in these, but these pics have me reconsidering.

Pretty sure I'm going to be investing in a set of some sort. Damnit.

The sickness has you :)

These are looking great BTW. Very excited. T-minus ~2 months and counting. Cant wait.

Josh any chance you can snap a photo of that $5 next to the Majestics $5 and a Milano $5. I was curious how the shade of red came out vs those two chips which I have on hand. Thanks.

Im torn. Which one boys? Keep in mind 3 chips will only be on the table at one time (25c/$1/$5 or $1/$5/$25).

These are looking great BTW. Very excited. T-minus ~2 months and counting. Cant wait.

Josh any chance you can snap a photo of that $5 next to the Majestics $5 and a Milano $5. I was curious how the shade of red came out vs those two chips which I have on hand. Thanks.

Im torn. Which one boys? Keep in mind 3 chips will only be on the table at one time (25c/$1/$5 or $1/$5/$25).

View attachment 280412
Top line. Or better yet, Green frac, blue 1, red 5 and white 20. Boom.

Some of these colors look way better than I expected, it's making me rethink my whole Tourney set that I already pre-ordered.

View attachment 280412

Guys please cast your vote here to help me with my selection! Thanks:
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/royals-chip-selection-help-appreciated.41316/#post-767038

Previous "your favorite Royals chip" poll:
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/vote-for-your-favorite-royals-chip-here.37305/

I'm curious as to why there's no purple chip in the set. From my experience with china clays en masse, purple seems to be a very hard color to dial in.

@Apache - is there something that makes purple difficult to get right with the materials? Or was it simply a lack of demand?

I'm curious as to why there's no purple chip in the set. From my experience with china clays en masse, purple seems to be a very hard color to dial in.

@Apache - is there something that makes purple difficult to get right with the materials? Or was it simply a lack of demand?

The purple Majestics chip was the worst in the line IMO. The purple Milanos came out really nice however.

The Dark Blue is Paulson Blurple - it might be splitting hairs, but I'd call that purple.
The purple Majestics chip was the worst in the line IMO. The purple Milanos came out really nice however.
While Milanos and the Majestics are both considered "China Clay", the two are completely different formulas/materials. You can't really compare the colors between the two.

I know comparing Photoshop to reality isn't exactly apples to apples but it's the best available.

Yellow chip - Yellow Really needs more pop. I think the purple and lavender are great as is. But that Majestic yellow just does not work - just too weak.

Blue chip - blue needs to be darker and center paint needs to less orange and more peach. Pink could be brightened up a little. Green looks good.

Make that chip producer earn his money and make you a great product.

Last edited:
Here is the full set. A couple of these need to be worked on. The pink and dark blue will see some changes. I should have the actual prototypes next week so I can take better pictures and see what type of changes need to be made. So far the chips are looking great.

View attachment 280369
Hmm. The pink 8d18 is more like fuchsia/plum, and the red 4w is cranberry colour.

hmm. these are looking pretty great...i thought i was out of the cc market lol. i do agree that the light blue should be used on the hundo rather than blurple

View attachment 280651

I know comparing Photoshop to reality isn't exactly apples to apples but it's the best available.

Yellow chip - Yellow Really needs more pop. I think the purple and lavender are great as is. But that Majestic yellow just does not work - just too weak.

Blue chip - blue needs to be darker and center paint needs to less orange and more peach. Pink could be brightened up a little. Green looks good.

Make that chip producer earn his money and make you a great product.

Maybe this is the best they can do with the process they are using. I think the yellow is great. Put some oil on them and they shine up. The $1000 Majestic is one of my favorite China Clay chips.

I like the red - it's nice and bright and very similar to the Aria inspiration.

Although the blurple chip is lighter than expected, it's still a nice colour and fits well with the set.

Can't wait to get my hands on these!

This chips look $&#(%$ing awesome. Cant wait to see the high def photos with labels.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom