43mm Project Discussion (6 Viewers)

Just a quick and sleazy representation of what the pink chip would look like if it is the same as the Majestic pink/salmon.

:meh:

Just a quick and sleazy representation of what the pink chip would look like if it is the same as the Majestic pink/salmon.
View attachment 241766

:meh:
i was hoping for a brighter pink than the Majestic, i'm now wondering whether to swap the 50 & 500 chips around.

Attachments

• My Cash Set.png
    My Cash Set.png
    570.9 KB · Views: 130
  • My Cash Set 2.png
    My Cash Set 2.png
    522.8 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
These are my thoughts on my 1 Table Cash Game. Don't mind the label design, just placement.
Qtys and breakdown. $40-$80 buyins (unlimited)
25/50 and/or 50/50 blinds
$5 prob won't be all used but nice to have. I could take off 200 $5 and still use everything plus some $25s
Also, won't use 25 & 50¢ at the same time. FYI
Any comments would be helpful. Thanks!

These are my thoughts on my 1 Table Cash Game. Don't mind the label design, just placement.
Qtys and breakdown. $40-$80 buyins (unlimited)
25/50 and/or 50/50 blinds
$5 prob won't be all used but nice to have. I could take off 200 $5 and still use everything plus some $25s
Also, won't use 25 & 50¢ at the same time. FYI
Any comments would be helpful. Thanks!
View attachment 242016

It would against the norm to have a quarter and 0.50 cent chip in one set. It's either one or the other, and normally just the quarter. The standard convention for chip value progression is 4-5 times the value of the previous chip, but do whatever works for your game. Me personally, I would use your 0.50 cent chip as my $25.

It would against the norm to have a quarter and 0.50 cent chip in one set. It's either one or the other, and normally just the quarter. The standard convention for chip value progression is 4-5 times the value of the previous chip, but do whatever works for your game. Me personally, I would use your 0.50 cent chip as my $25.

Great! Thanks for the comments. I wanted to try and incorporate both the yellow and the blue and either use the yellow or blue depending on what the blind structure is. They won't be used at the same time but it might just be a waste, so maybe just use blue and stick with it. The white red and green will be standard. I'll have to think about this. Maybe a good idea to nix the yellow since the green has some yellow in it anyways. Thank you!

Great! Thanks for the comments. I wanted to try and incorporate both the yellow and the blue and either use the yellow or blue depending on what the blind structure is. They won't be used at the same time but it might just be a waste, so maybe just use blue and stick with it. The white red and green will be standard. I'll have to think about this. Maybe a good idea to nix the yellow since the green has some yellow in it anyways. Thank you!

If that's the case, I would use the yellow as a $20 chip (very standard) and nix the green $25 (which I'm not very fond of anyways). This would get both of your yellow and blue chips in play.

edit: and use the blue as your quarter ($0.25)

Yeah. Last night threw in an order for 600 chips and a couple plaques

Thanks Josh! Just ordered 800 chips for my cash set!

Now I have 5 months to sit by my mailbox like a little kid. :D

I would like to replace the 500 with the 25k for a 1 table tournament set. What does everyone think about having the black 100 and the dark blue 25k in play at the same time? The blue is pretty dark, do you all think it will be a problem telling them apart? I could also use the 25c blue chip or red 5 but I don't like them nearly as much as the 25k. What say you? Thanks

I would like to replace the 500 with the 25k for a 1 table tournament set. What does everyone think about having the black 100 and the dark blue 25k in play at the same time? The blue is pretty dark, do you all think it will be a problem telling them apart? I could also use the 25c blue chip or red 5 but I don't like them nearly as much as the 25k. What say you? ThanksView attachment 242685
Only time will tell if the Blurple is too dark. That's the risk you take with presales. I would be extremely wary about using the Blurple and the black together. They are both very dark chips with pops of pink. Expect dirty stacks.

Only time will tell if the Blurple is too dark. That's the risk you take with presales. I would be extremely wary about using the Blurple and the black together. They are both very dark chips with pops of pink. Expect dirty stacks.
Color transfer happens. There’s always ultrasonic cleaning. Stay with the top row.

Color transfer happens. There’s always ultrasonic cleaning. Stay with the top row.
Not color transfer.

Dirty stacks are when chips of different denominations are accidentally mixed together. It happened a ton with the CPS China Clay (same manufacturer).

That T100 and the T500 were too similar. On the face, you think "no problem, not even close". The base of the T500 matched the spots of the T100. Combined with the maroon spots on the T500, which in stacks looks like the black T100, and people found the set to be frustrating to unplayable. Many simply bought extra T100,000 and relabeled.

Does the blurple look better? Sure. But pretend you are going to play with the chips too, and then make your decision. Otherwise you may be looking for an add-on to replace one of the denoms.

I think a lot of people, including myself, get hung up on how chips look when lined up in a mock-up, as opposed to how they will play together.

In the case of the question above, I’d be extremely hesitant to have two chips so similar in base color when it’s a guarantee that there will be high quantities of each in countless pots together. In this particular case, the brightly colored edge spots on the T500 might alleviate some of the confusion, but it wouldn’t be my first choice.

Is there not a purple/lavender chip in this lineup?

I would eliminate the 25s. Use the blue as the 25k. Adjust blinds and starting stacks accordingly. Use the white (or the red) as the 500. Very little relabelling required, if any.
The blue is also my fav chip, that's why i don't want it to be my most commonly used chip.

I think a lot of people, including myself, get hung up on how chips look when lined up in a mock-up, as opposed to how they will play together.

In the case of the question above, I’d be extremely hesitant to have two chips so similar in base color when it’s a guarantee that there will be high quantities of each in countless pots together. In this particular case, the brightly colored edge spots on the T500 might alleviate some of the confusion, but it wouldn’t be my first choice.

Is there not a purple/lavender chip in this lineup?
I’m not sure there was a rhyme or reason to these colors or spots, other than it had to be a copy of something else, and it seems there’s not too many purple chips people want to copy.

Sanity check for my breakdown if you please:

1 table T10K w/ rebuys
Starting stack ( 12/12/5/6/0 )
rebuys ( 0/0/2/4/1 )

T25 - 125
T100 - 125
T500 - 100
T1K - 150
T5K - 50
T25k - 25
NVC/Bounty - 25
600 chips total.

Using all the pre-labeled colors except the red or light blue as the NVC/Bounty. I would use the pink (really like that chip), but I know that the pink and orange of the Majestics are very close in color so I'm worried about a wayward bounty causing a dirty stack.

Figure with this breakdown, it gives me the another option of a starting stacks of 8/8/6/6 for up to 15 players with 10 re-buys of 0/0/0/5/1, just not as much extra for color-up if it plays that big. But I don't see my monthly game playing that big right now and I can always add-on later if the game grows.

Thoughts?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom