43mm Project Discussion (5 Viewers)

Everyone is pretty happy with this set so we will finalize the artwork.
Mark your calendars the presale will start on 1/31.
Prices will be $.39 for labeled chips and $.38 for blanks.
The price will increase to $.44 and $.43 on 2/3.
The price will go up to full retail price when the chips arrive to Las Vegas.
The chips will not be in stock till June.
Sample sets, Labels, Dealer Button and $500,000 & $1,000,000 plaques will be available for purchase.

View attachment 238419

View attachment 238418
Ugh just bought a majestics set for my first set... might have to pick up some of these for a second set!

Which set do you guys prefer? Yellow and green seem to be the most popular chips mentioned to be paired with the blue $1, but the orange and red (IF vibrant), look decent too.

Guys sincerely appreciate the feedback!

Votes for favorite chip color:
Yellow = 4
Green = 2
Orange = 1

Votes for favorite combo:
Yellow > Blue > Red = 6
Green > Blue > Yellow = 5
Orange > Blue > Yellow = 1

So I've narrowed it down to these two options. Please keep the votes coming!

What are you guys doing about spares? I only need 5 per denom vs 25, which is about 100 wasted chips/$.

I think he means that if he wants 100 chips for his game but wants to buy 105 so that he can have 5 spares, he's gonna have to order in lots of 25 hence he orders 125 and has 20 spares he doesn't need (x5 denoms = 100 chips).

Maybe I missed where the order quantities needed to be in lots of 25?

In any case, these will go up on Josh's site so they're not a one time deal and you can order a couple extra in the future so the concern is likely unwarranted.

I think he means that if he wants 100 chips for his game but wants to buy 105 so that he can have 5 spares, he's gonna have to order in lots of 25 hence he orders 125 and has 20 spares he doesn't need (x5 denoms = 100 chips).
Ah, that makes more sence.

Maybe I missed where the order quantities needed to be in lots of 25?
China clays historically sell in cellophane-wrapped stacks of 25. It is a safe bet that these will be similar, but the 43mm could theoretically be different.

To Mummel's question then, buy the extras. Then when people ask about them in the future, you can ship them samples. Free or for shipping costs is super-cool, but you could also recover your $2 without anyone batting an eye. That's what is great about the community.

Ah, that makes more sence.

China clays historically sell in cellophane-wrapped stacks of 25. It is a safe bet that these will be similar, but the 43mm could theoretically be different.

To Mummel's question then, buy the extras. Then when people ask about them in the future, you can ship them samples. Free or for shipping costs is super-cool, but you could also recover your $2 without anyone batting an eye. That's what is great about the community.

Yeah its more like ~$50 in chips just sitting idle in my drawer. Maybe I will order a sample set instead if they are available immediately. I dont want to end up with diffferent batches of China Clays given the quality control differences between batches etc.

Or if anyone wants to split extras let me know.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom